I am curious about Koolada

I have never gotten Koolada before, but I am curious as to what you can mix it with. Is it something that you mix with your mentholated mixes to make it cooler, or is it something I could add to say a strawberry, banana, coconut mix to give it a cooler vapor? Thanks everyone. I have been mixing DIY flavors for a few months now but I am still fairly new. Any information on Koolada or smooth from TFA would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes
1 Like

Koolada is good to add to fruits if you want that icy feeling in your mouth without much minty flavor. Smooth helps to round out and soften harsh edges or bitterness on things like tobaccos (and maybe herbs or other sharp tasting liquids). Be careful with both, as a little goes a really long way. Smooth can mute your flavors if you use too much or if it is allowed to sit for too long, so it’s best used with a juice that is going to be used relatively quickly. Hope this helps!

1 Like

That is exactly the info I was looking for…I just read the thread about your allergic reaction to koolada…sorry about that. I think I will go with just the koolada though because I do not use tobacco flavors. I mostly use fruity or sweet vapes that I want a little cooler, but without a menthol taste.

1 Like

Yeah, kinda a bummer, but the menthol has worked okay at slight percentages. From what I’ve read, it’s not super common, but not unheard of either (obviously). So, take it easy when you try it, especially if you have any breathing problems already, but chances are, you’ll be fine.

I have MTS Vape Wizard (FA) which is basically the same as smooth, and I’ve only successfully used it once. It took the edge off of a juice that had too much orange in it and was making me cough. A drop or two in 10ml and it was better. Not a bad tool to have at your disposal by any means, but not one I’d consider super necessary either.

Yeah, I have never been allergic to anything in my life so I think I’ll be okay. I like a little menthol in some of my mixes, but sometimes I don’t want the menthol taste, just the coolness. Therefore, I think koolada will be exactly what I need. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

As I also wrote in that thread, I think, too much koolada makes me feel …weird… :slight_smile: I kinda like it in some mixes though, but in very small quantities. I’m not allergic to anything either.

1 Like

I guess I will have to be super careful then. What percentage do you use? Like 1.5 or less than that?

Nah, me, I start with 1 drop per 10 ml and adjust to taste, usually it’s 2-3 drops per 10/ml :smile:

1 Like

I put a dab on the back of my hand to see what it actually tasted like neat. It made my eyes water and my nose started running. The stuff is strong.

1 Like

Howany drops in a 60 mil bottle

1 Like