I definitely messed up!

If the link still works, this is a calculator for it, made by our own @CosmicTruth

12 Likes

If you don’t mind some constructive criticism…
Try explaining what happened in a step by step process. It will be a lot easier to get you the help you need and eliminate any misunderstanding by anyone reading it.
For example:
I mixed X amount of Y into a bottle of ______.
I want a finished mix of ______.
I have A, B, C, and D that I can use.

We’ve all screwed up a mix. It’s part of the process and no shame in it. There are lots of help available to maybe salvage what was done, but unless it’s made clear, you might get advice that makes it worse.

Please take this as friendly advice. I hope it helps.

9 Likes

Always great to have a cool head in the room when you screw up, ey? You should have seen me when I was making a 300ml batch. I got ready to add my VG and instead grabbed the PG bottle and started pouring. I realized it in the middle of pouring it and figured I might as well keep going then figure out a way to flip the situation :rofl: Believe it or not with the help of some math and others’ solutions I squared it away but I have enough flavor and PG to make 1000+ mls of Butter Pecan. It’s in the frig waiting for me to be in the mood for some Butter Pecan lmao. Now my base bottles are marked in giant letters or I make pre-blends.

9 Likes

I’m redoing two rooms in our house. I ripped out everything, including the studs. I’ve never done anything like it before. In about 10 minutes I’m going to mud the drywall. The amount of mistakes I’ve made has been stupidly high, but I’m learning. By the time I’m done with the very long list of things that need doing, I’m going to be quite handy at home DIY…just like vaping DIY.

6 Likes

Where are you from ?? I know a lot of people use Ready Base but have you thought about just adding it all individually

3 Likes

Yeaah slow down. Take a breath.
I cant offer you any advice because what youre explaining is quite convoluted.
Sounds like you have a moderate amount of pg that is delicately flavored with a flavor that will take you a decade to want to vape.
Until you can get replacement pg, just make max vg mixes. Your flavor extracts are flavor and pg. So a max vg mix with ten percent flavoring is 90/10, which to many is plenty of pg.
Be sure to mix sober.
Normally when I make dumb mistakes its because im having a nip or two and making juice!
Its hard enough to make quality juice when I’m ON my game, much less distracted.

5 Likes

@ladycrooks take @Lostmarbles advice, and put those 2 requests down so folks can help more easily and accurately.

Also, the advice to take a couple steps back, and not panic is good advice.
You’ve not done anything that’s unsalvageable, and it’s excellent that you have a separate bottle of nic on hand to help fix it.

But we need a precise history of the order of events, if you want a precise outcome (or as close to one as possible).

7 Likes

LMAO, yeah that can be risky business.

3 Likes

I wish I were your friendly neighbor. I’d come over and give you a mud lesson. I owned a painting business once and we would be taping and mudding drywall all the time. You probably watched a few vids or something but the best advice I can give you is 3 thin layers. In the right conditions each layer will dry quickly and you’ll be able to go around the room without having to wait for dry time. Each layer should be fanned out wider than the last. Once you get it, mudding can be fun. Or you can buy a Bazooka or Mud Box :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

OK, just finished first coat. I could call it many things but fun just doesn’t make the list. Pain in the ass seems to be the front runner right now. I do know I’ll be satisfied once the mudding is finished. I’m going to be over the moon once the molding and painting are done.

6 Likes

Very nice tool! I wonder if I can rent one. Going to check, thanks.

3 Likes

Oh dear, I hope everything turns out alright for you without too much headache. What you’re attempting is not easy and takes a certain touch or skill from experience. I admire you for taking on such a big project. I have confidence the end result will be beautiful and photos forthcoming :grinning:

5 Likes

Sorry I fell asleep …no I just fucked up some pg. Ill get new tomorow. I wanted to make my 3mg 80/20 mix into a actual 3 mg because once its in a mix it turns into 2.4 mg idk why. This pre mixed stuff is crap so I bought some 65mg nicotine I was trying to add whatever I can to make my shit mix a bit stronger like the .6 I need to get my 3mg

3 Likes

So I want to take the small bottle add what I need to to even 60mls at a time in a mix to turn my 2.4 into actual 3mg. Does that make sense? How to get the numbers to take the small bottle add whatever I need into a mix to make 3mg.

2 Likes

I tend to agree with that. LOVE having separate NIC, PG, VG so I can mix whatever I need, always. 100mg NIC makes for easy calcs as well.

6 Likes

never again will I buy pre mixed. Its just a fuck around

3 Likes

I’m not jinx but I think many will agree that buying 100mg/ml nic will make life easier for you. Whether it’s pg based, vg based or a blend won’t be an issue. The calculations will be easier.

3 Likes

Does she have some kind of premix that you just add flavor to? I haven’t really read all the posts. Is she using the calculator on the recipe side?

3 Likes

Did you try the Flavor Adjustment Calculator that @delltrapp recommended? If not, the FLV|PG|VG|NIC Tab is the section you’d use.

3 Likes

ok, i am understanding. whatever amount you think you messed up, lets just say 60ml. go to create a recipe with .6 nic, look at the amount it show, then put that amount in your 60ml. then you will end up with 3mg.

it turns into 2.4mg because the pg in the flavors waters it down.

3 Likes