I hate scales

Okay now that I got your attention… lol
I hate when scales die…
Decided I needed to mix some things up and attempted to turn my etekcity scale on and NOTHING… first things first, check and change batteries nothing… even tried to take the silly thing apart :frowning: oh well… thought I’d try the American Standard 501 this next time around… nothing wrong with the etekcity brand that I was using, really liked it, just thought I’d get the new one faster using Prime.

7 Likes

+1 for the clickbait title-Ya got me!

9 Likes

Feel for you there. I had an etekcity scale, didn’t seem to last long. Very happy with the 501. So far so good, knock on wood.

4 Likes

Oh, my scale lasted a long time (years and years)… “What I think” happened to it was my step daughter split vg (and probably other stuff) in it while mixing and never told me about it… when I purchased the etekcity it was like 11 or 12 dollars or so… now it’s around 22.

3 Likes

8 Likes

That scale is sold under multiple names with different prices on Amazon. I have the same scale by GDEALER. Think I paid around $12 for mine…

3 Likes

Know how you feel, my plastic 1ml rubber syringe stopper is starting to feel a little rough.:grin:

4 Likes

Ya got me! I saw the title and I was “WTF? I gotta see this”. Glad it wasn’t real. Whew!
Still have my etek but also have the 501 and those little drug dealer ones just in case.

4 Likes

you got me. saw the title and thought

wtf did someone buy a produce scale from walmart?

3 Likes

ROAR @CallMeTut. I was like, “Wait, WHO just said that” ??? !!!

I’ve been beating up my original 501 forever at this point, and I just can’t find anything to complain about it.

2 Likes

The clickbait title has to be the best one I have seen on ELR yet. Good one

I totally agree, mine has been dropped more times than I care to admit. Kind of like the energizer bunny. It just keeps going and going and going

3 Likes

Glad to hear about the abuse that scale can take, while I did like the other scale (batteries lasted forever in that thing… very impressive), And yes @Wings4Life I did see that other brand of the same scale, I just thought I’d try something a bit different.

4 Likes

I also hate scales. When i was a kid i had to practice them every day. I especially hated the myxolidian and dorian modes …

4 Likes

Yeah… and I almost choked on a scale once… damn catfish (okay okay… catfish don’t have scales… but it sounded good…)

3 Likes

While we are talking scales, my lb-501 is scheduled for delivery in a few hours. I will finally be able to mix more than 100g at a time and on an accurate scale to boot

5 Likes

Loves me some Dorian! Can you say Carlos Santana?

3 Likes

you so got me on that clickbait. I love my AS 501. i like that it comes with an ac/dc wall plug on top of the batteries.

that is the most important part of diying juice haha

3 Likes

https://pics.me.me/there-are-ten-reasons-hate-click-bait-number-will-shock-21725315.png

4 Likes

This one I bought over 2 years ago and still going strong - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B4KX6JQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Only $12 but you need a 500g calibration weight to calibrate it before you can use it, at least I did. I should probably order a spare just in case mine ever dies right when I want to mix.

3 Likes

That scale looks just like the etekcity I had used for years, and it did just what you said you feared… I went over to it and it was dead.
I received the 501 scale in today seems to be a nice scale. I don’t know if I like it better than my old one… but it’s nice.

6 Likes