I have to toot my own horn!

This is something I work on everyday. Humility is a tricky thing. This whole paragraph is insightful and so true. I’ve never come across this before. Thank you for sharing it.

Ha. You are saying this with too much kindness! I totally agree! Many could learn, and the ones who demonstrate this are the stepping stones towards that!

5 Likes

Girl! My Medusa got herself stuck between the filter and the glass trying to get her carrots…shes a fatty. Glad I was there to watch her get herself out! :rofl:
Also, Black Hammer crushed my newly budding basil plant. No damage, but hes a jerk like that!

4 Likes

Indeed it is. Like “integrity”, it is a measure considerably more valid when left to the value judgments of others - as opposed to being something simply stated to be true by personally initiated “declarations”.

The concepts of complex psychology are, in essence, not intellectual formulations,
but names for certain areas of experience,
and though they can be described, they remain dead and irrepresentable
to anyone who has not experienced them. …
Unless one understands his or her limitations,
one cannot possibly experience the limitless.
-Carl Jung, “Four Archetypes”

A (possibly relevant) snippet from my own prose:

Mystery constitutes the processional inverse
of all conceptualization and explanation;
limitless horizon beyond measure;
treasures beyond possession;
awareness without certainty;
remembrances of eternity.

We know the truth, not only by reason, but also by the heart.
-Pascal

The heart that is soonest awake to the flowers
Is always the first to be touched by the thorns.
-Thomas Moore

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark.
The small truth has words that are clear;
the great truth has great silence.
-Rabindranath Tagore

Poetry lifts the veil from the hidden beauty of the world,
and makes familiar objects be as if they were not familiar.
Deep truth is imageless.
-Shelley

To love the truth is to refuse to let oneself be saddened by it.
-Andre Gide

Teach me, like you, to drink creation whole
And, casting out my self, become a soul.
-Richard Wilbur

2 Likes

Im curious …Do you make more money if someone buys hardback or paperback ??? Im nkt into poetry but want to buy to show support …

6 Likes

That’s just fantastic Laura, congratulations!

My friend had a Bearded Dragon for many years until it passed away last year. He loved it so much and cried when it died. I asked about it and he said that it lived past it’s life expectancy.

4 Likes

For the e-book I make the full commission and for the paperback I make 60% commission. Thank you so much for your support!

3 Likes

Yeah you’re lucky to get 7 to 10 out of a bearded dragon but I’ve heard of them living as long as 20 years! It’s all about husbandry!

3 Likes