I have to toot my own horn!

I just want to share with some of you what’s been going on lately. Some really good things have come to fruition.
My painted turtle Medusa turned one in March! I’ve had her since she was a hatchling.

I got a common bearded dragon named black hammer who was born in February of this year.

AND!
I am a published author now! A book of poems I had been collecting since 2004. They are raw and personal!
(I just saw my only review…atleast she bought it)
Kindle version
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084FK8XSF
Paperback version
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084DFQT1C

22 Likes

Congrats my dear. You’ve earned it.

8 Likes

Thanks!! :grinning: dont know if you saw the review part…I promise they aren’t super terrible!

7 Likes

Awww Laura!!! those babies are too cool!! :slight_smile:
I hope you have fun with your dragon… they sell them here at the flea market and I always stop in to see them… I dont own any but love to watch them when I can… :slight_smile:

Congrats on your book too! :slight_smile:

WTG!! :grin:

7 Likes

Cute kids @Laura5, and congratulations on getting published. Very big deal.

7 Likes

He is a handful but worth it! And thanks so much!!!

6 Likes

Awesome! Chess on the cover?! :smiley:

Screw Amanda
she’s just like a panda
can only say bam-boo
sees life in only one hue

Screw Amanda
she sits on her veranda
typing her word stew
as a one-star review

Screw Amanda
she can fuck off to Rwanda
and get bent
in her crooked little tent

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’m tired. I shouldn’t write when I’m tired :stuck_out_tongue: Keep it up, don’t let them get to you :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Omg. That. Is. Amazing. :rofl::rofl:
Chess on the cover, so many chances to win…So many chances to lose.

8 Likes

A person is defined by how they live life and treat others.
A person is defined by their humility and gratitude.

Well stated words !

5 Likes

conga rats

9 Likes

Awww! I love rats! They are so smart! Easy to train!

8 Likes

Yes, many chances to win, and many to lose - You can even be winning only to suddenly lose.

“Chess is everything - Art, science and sport.” - Anatoly Karpov

On the other hand:

“Chess is neither a science or an art. It is what human nature most delights in - a fight.” - Emanuel Lasker

I love chess - I don’t play much :frowning:

10 Likes

Congrats @Laura5!
Good to know you’re enjoying yourself. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Chess is super fun. I don’t take the time to play either. Those quotes are amazing and both are sotrue!

5 Likes

Congratulations! Loving the toddlers too.

7 Likes

Ohh yeah, so many people and “big” leaders could learn something about this :muscle:t2:

4 Likes

Like “temperance”, humility can take many decades of letting go of illusions, expectations, and drives towards distractions such as money, power, notoriety, etc. Loving a child (the highest form of love) can teach one a lot about human values. It seems to be the closest to a “sacred” (whether religious, or not) privilege (and not a duty) of anything that I have in my own life known. Folks will sometimes be critical. That’s OK. We may individually come to “core values of conscience”. One of mine is not incarcerating (anybody’s) children, for any reason(s). What “decencies” we have are learned, rather than endowed.

We call first truths those we discover after all the others.
-Albert Camus

Noting here that the words of which we are speaking were penned by Laura. :tada:

6 Likes

That is a mean-spirited review, but as you said, you sold a copy!

Loving the little pets!!!

6 Likes

Well congrats @Laura5! I knew there was something more to you than just cuteness! :blush:

4 Likes

Much obliged! Thoughtful! <3

4 Likes