I’m looking for buttercream frosting recipe ideas

EDIT* I’m no longer looking for a perfect butter cream frosting. I figured it out. There are way better concentrates out there and no need to “build one”

Hey everyone,
I’m looking for ideas for a straight buttercream frosting recipe. Buttercream by Cream Team is in my top five favorites. I have all of the frostings from Bull City, plus OoO. I tried messing around with them, but I can’t get that mouth feel down. I’m going to put one together and add vanilla cupcake (CAP) to see. Buttercream is also ice cream, but you really don’t taste it in the eliquid. It’s a straight up sweet buttercream like you’d make from butter, confectionery sugar and vanilla extract at home. I was hoping to get some ideas to play around with! Thanks :blush:

8 Likes

Powder Sugar OOO
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting VTA
Frosting FLV
Meringue FA

16 Likes

Think outside the box for that part.
I would try Cap Marshmallow to start with (around 1-1.5% should be a good starting point in a buttercream environment).

8 Likes

Thank you! I’m waiting on powdered sugar. I thought about what was actually in homemade frosting, butter, confectionery sugar and vanilla. I appreciate your response.

5 Likes

VT and WF buttercream frosting, FLV frosting, OOO vaniila custard cheesecake, LA Cream cheese icing and the New WF chocolate frosting can all help. If you like frosting mixed in custard try my dead dog custard.

9 Likes

Ah, Yellow Matter Custard? I’ve got the Premium Custard on it’s way. I’ve been waiting so long to get that mixed. I’ve been trying to clone a juice I like and it’s described as vanilla custard buttercream. And some describe it as wedding cake! I’m hoping your mix might get me closer to what I’m chasing.

4 Likes

Well @Rocky02852 recently reviewed it and he said it reminds him of this…image
Looks a bit more appealing than my image! There would be custard under that icing though :wink:

6 Likes

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I can not find Holy Vanilla. This recipe sounds like what I’m looking for, but I just don’t have Holy Vanilla. Any subs that might come close?

4 Likes

I actually just ordered that. I’ve heard great things. Thank you!

4 Likes

It’s been discontinued.

3 Likes

Can’t say how close it comes to Holy Vanilla but I use Vanilla Overload (Gremlin) as a sub for HV at the same percentages,

Yellow Matter Custard is also available as a one shot (that’s how I get it) from diyflavorchaser.com, :ok_hand:

https://www.diyflavorchaser.com/our-concentrates

7 Likes

I bought v2. Couldn’t hurt to try. I did a little research, nothing bad.

6 Likes

Maybe not a recipe, but easier when already mixed?

I will add it next order since the vanilla will go well in my slew of test custards anyway and report back when it’s tasted/tested.

4 Likes

I actually made a recipe using ingredients I’d use to make a homemade frosting. Powdered sugar, butter, Madagascar vanilla, Tahitian vanilla cream and a little super sweet. I may have to use less butter, but it smells delicious and a taste on my finger was good. Thank you so much for your help.

9 Likes

How did your buttercream frosting recipe ever turn out? Searching for one on here and came across this thread.

5 Likes

This comment times a million!! Love Dead Dog Custard!

2 Likes