I made a flavor catalog

google docs link: http://bit.ly/FlavorCatalogELR
I made a flavor catalog/guide. Contains most (or all) of the flavors on liquidnicotinewholesalers. Sorted in several ways: Alphabetical, by manufacturer, by flavor profile. Includes price for all sizes, average mix %, average standalone%. I hope people can get lots of use out of it!

I’m just getting started. I’ve done a lot of research but i haven’t placed my flavoring order yet. In exchange for that catalog, is anyone interested in checking out my recipes and telling me if they think they’ll work? Thanks in advance! https://e-liquid-recipes.com/list?filter=211277

5 Likes

While I drink my coffee and my brain is slowly starting to fire up. What can you do with this sheet, what’s the purpose of it?
Vendors drop and add flavors all the time, they change prices, … the website itself is probably a better reference than any overview sheet someone will make (unless you script it and pull a newly updated one every time you consult it).

3 Likes

It’s mostly a reference for average mixing percentages. It’s quicker than looking up each flavor, and for me at least, it’s nice to have it visually laid out so I can compare different flavor options quickly. For example, if I want a Bavarian cream, I can quickly see what the options are. I guess once you’re more experienced you’ll know what’s out there. I’m just starting so this has helped me. The prices are an afterthought but they’re from liquidnicotinewholesalers and it seems like they’re pretty stable

2 Likes

Your flavor list is looking pretty good by the way, congrats… it’s not always an easy task :star_struck:
You should double-check the following flavors though
Real Flavors Cookies and Cream should be either
https://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/111137
or
https://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/80794
Not sure about the TPA sweet tangerine… shouldn’t that be CAP?
https://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/1035

I had a look at your recipes, I don’t own all the flavors for any of your recipes, but they look OK to me. The most important thing is that they taste good to you. If they do, you’ve got some winners. If not, make slight adjustments here and there and you’ll get there soon.

2 Likes

Lots of people have a separate notebook, you know, old style paper and a hard cover. Others work digitally, use the flavor pages or even posts in the forum.
What’s more useful probably, is adding notes to flavors. What does it taste like at what %, what’s the workable % range for this flavor. How sweet is it? How harsh is it? Is it a dry flavor or a juicy one? Does it have off notes? … basically anything you can think of that adds to the description of your flavor.
Now that you have a dozen or so flavors, you may store all that information in your head but if you get serious about DIY and jump in the rabbit hole, you’ll soon find yourself with hundreds of flavors and it’s quite impossible to remember every detail of every concentrate.

The idea of keeping notes is great, but I’d just record a bit different info. Personally, I couldn’t do much with the sheet you have and all the information from others that you find online is nothing but an indication to me, it has to be tested and verified to actually mean something. That’s where all your single flavor tests come in.

2 Likes

Check check …

1 Like

Was up on LNW the other day. Of the flavor lines they do carry, a lot of them seem incomplete. Pricing is a bit higher than other vendors as well.

But I applaud your effort making that spreadsheet! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Who has better prices than LNW?

3 Likes

Example: The Flavors Apprentice - 10ml concentrate
Bull City Flavors $1.29
Nicotine River $1.09 - $1.79
ECig Express $1.49
LNW $1.79

Edit: Upon further research LNW’s offering is for 15ml. So my comment about pricing now becomes invalid. Apologies.

3 Likes

Yeah I noticed that. I was checking the 2oz bottles for FA and they all came out at exactly the same price at BCF, NR and LNW. But there may be differences between different brands between sites. You’d really have to check each and every concentrate to work out which one’s cheapest. Price is 1 thing, variety and availability another… not to mention convenience :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep that’s where LNW fell a bit short from the other guys. Then again I haven’t seen any vendor carrying a mfr’s ‘complete’ line.

3 Likes

Nicotine River is pretty good, thanks for that.

1 Like

That is why I buy direct from manufacture… they always have the full lines :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Well you’re not your average mixer :crazy_face:
A lot of people will buy concentrates, vg, pg and nic at 1 company or they go look at different companies to get everything at the cheapest possible price. And most people don’t stick to 1 single mfr either.

4 Likes

If I can get everything done here at the house today… will be back on the site again for more flavor descriptions… I think I have the articles up now on my tips, @anon28032772 … all we can do is share what we know that works… :smile:

3 Likes

@zombie221…Ya know, if you’re feeling adventurous you could expand your spreadsheet to include some of the other popular vendors that people have been using. Who knows, maybe Lars could make it a sticky.

2 Likes