I messed up and bought pre mix

Not a first timer, but an imbecile nontheless, I wasnt thinking the other day and jumped the gun ordering 80/20 6mg pre mix base (1 gallon), and i cant seem to calculate properly to get 10% flavor on 30 ml mixtures without it saying i need other dilutions, might as well use it since i already have it, my flavoring is pg based of course, can someone show me a calculator chart on single and double flavoring mixtures for this base please and thank you. I seem to have confused myself.

Edit: I know i wont end up with 6mg, and i know it will probably be less than 70/30 but thats ok.

1 Like

Just select max vg. Then just enter your flavors. You are correct. The pg/vg/nic with have different end results.

2 Likes

On the calculator, there is a box to check to use vape-ready base. Click that, then right above that little check box, enter 6mg, 20 pg, 80 vg. At the top of the calculator, enter your amount to make as 30. You can’t change the desired strength in this mode. But, after you enter your flavor and %, the calculator will tell you what the results are at the bottom.

You can see where my desired strength is 2mg, that is my default setting and I could not adjust it in vape-ready-base mode, the calculator locks it and ignores it. Good luck and hope it works out!

Btw, the flavor I put in there as an example is not a pg based flavor, I just clicked pg for the results to show as if it were. It should also probably not be used at 10%!

5 Likes

This is the correct way of using premix.
If you’re using 10% flavor, you’ll still end up vaping 5.4% nic, so it won’t be all that bad. The good thing of your premix is that the nic will probably stay good a lot longer and the bad thing is that you can’t really be as precise as with separate components. No biggie :wink:
Happy mixing!

3 Likes

Thanks a bunch, i figured it would be a small issue and i was just overthinking again lol

2 Likes

Can this use of the calc be saved?

2 Likes

yes, and you can even set these as default values

1 Like

Perhaps it was just fatigue but a few of us couldnt get it to save last night. I dont or plan on using premix, we were helping a new member.

I just tried to save use-base as default and it is not working. It demands that we fill in fields which aren’t used in this mode. Maybe I’m missing something. I don’t use a ready to vape nic base, just testing it out. @daath?

3 Likes

I can confirm … tried it and not working as expected.

The target strength field is required.
The wvpga field is required.
The pg goal field is required.
The vg goal field is required.

3 Likes

For now, you can only use “Use vape-ready nic base” as a display-thing on recipes, you can’t save with it. I’ll finish that one at some point, I guess :slight_smile:

4 Likes

k, cool at least i know the 4 of us attempting werent being stupid, at least not w/ that issue

1 Like

Scratch that last post, boy was that confusing! I got it straight…Just when you think you have a good grasp on things it goes all wonky… It was kinda like when you look at a common word and it looks all foreign… False alarm!

3 Likes

I just got the notification and was suddenly pretty worried :stuck_out_tongue: hehe

2 Likes

i just want to pop in and mention that i primarily use vape-ready bases and would greatly appreciate saving my recipes

2 Likes