I Need Scale Suggestions

I have been using an American Weigh LB-501 For about a year and a half and earlier this year it died. So I bought another and the new one died in less then 5 months of use. I was wonder if anyone has had better luck with another kind of scale. I don’t want to be buying new ones ever couple of months. It seem like scales in the 0.01g bracket are either under a $100 ore over $500. I want a scale that isn’t going to break the bank but is going to last longer then 5 months.

2 Likes

AwS SC-501A is the one ive used for almost 2years

1 Like

Has anyone tried The Jennings TB500? Seems like a reasonable price.

That one has lower rating then the LB-501 and is made by the same company I probably should stop letting my girl friend make juice I never had them go out before she started making juice…

3 Likes

im going by personal experiance, its lasted two years ive even dropped it a couple times the plate came off but it still works fine , AWS is a very popular brand of scales , i was only giving you another option besides the one you have which im planning on buying soon its a good scale ime

2 Likes

Pocket Scale- Ascher Portable Digital Scale with Back-lit LCD Display, Elite Digital Pocket Scale 200 x 0.01g, Mini scales 200g, Mini Digital Weighing

Try this one, get a calibration weight too 200gm. Cheap but good. :grinning:

1 Like

i just use a cheap chinese one never had any problems

Like this

6 Likes

That’s the same one I use.

1 Like

I have a couple of those. The LB-501 is much better, I think - but from the OP, it sounds like some doesn’t have a long life expectancy :frowning: Even the oldest Chinese scale I have still lives… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve had an etekcity scale like the silver one above that I’ve had since I started mixing and it’s still going strong. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have used a LB-501 for over 3 years regularly, not just for juice,
but herbs, tinctures, projectiles, gunpowder, and other light things,
never a problem.

I don’t use batteries, it’s always plugged in.

2 Likes

I am thinking of going big and getting a My Weigh iBalance i601 it has a life time warranty…

http://www.thedigitalscale.com/my-weigh-ibalance-i601.html

It is expensive but the reviews have it passing GMP and the internal level is cool as well.

2 Likes

Awesome that the hawt chick is back in your Avatar and good to see you!

I’ve been using $20 eteks in 5 locations for years…

All I can say is get one that measures to thousands and uses rechargable batteries and you will not have to buy a new one more than once every few years, if not longer.

My Weigh i201 if 200 gr. is sufficient. I’ve had one for over a year and it’s been great and after owning the American Weigh LB-501. Lifetime warranty. Check out Focus Camera in NYC, picked mine up for $75 shipping included.