I QUIT Smoking by VAPING. The DATE, My STORY

I vaped for a couple years then was kinda forced to quit because of compounding circumstances. I started smoking again (cheap filtered cigars). That went on for 2 years. I bought a Caliburn about 3 weeks ago and a week later I noticed I had only smoked a few cigarettes. And the only reason I smoked those is because I knew I no longer needed them. I was just smoking them to finish off my last pack, which I still have 14 left.

The local vape shops asked why I wanted a Caliburn when I bought it. I told them I wanted to try nic salts juice, plus I wanted something similar to smoking to eventually pass the Caliburn to a friend. I am glad I did, because the Caliburn with nic salts is very similar to smoking.

Meanwhile, I ordered a Snow Wold Mfeng kit and some 3mg juice. It was a super smooth transition to sub-ohming again.

3 days ago, I gave my Caliburn and nic salts juice to the friend, who is doing pretty good on it. I also got a Snow Wolf UX kit from Rocky here, and ordered a Steam Crave Hadron 220 with the Aromamizer Plus V2 advanced RDTA kit. I am now vaping the hell out of it along with my two Snow Wolf mods.

I haven’t had a cig in 3 days now. And the funny thing is, I could go smoke one right now with absolutely no fear that I would end up buying another pack.

Vaping works if people just give it a chance. But buying the right vape gear and juice is key. Local vape shops here seem to be more interested in the bottom line than they are the end result. So having a vaping friend really helps.

10 Likes

Congrats and as always…welcome back!

6 Likes

Hello fellows, I also quit Smoking and start vaping from 3 years i realize that it is much safer than smoking as it has filtered part that give us more value than to the smoking so let together discover the more information about vape liquids and models.

6 Likes

I smoked a pack a day for 15 years and would wake up every morning hacking my lungs up. A coworker of mine was outside vaping and I began to ask questions . Little did I know that would lead to one of the greatest decisions I have ever made in my life. I began vaping and I’m sure like a lot of you it was a struggle at first but it was a life changing experience. I haven’t had a cigarette in over 7 years now and I can breath I can run and I can wake up in the morning without waking everyone in my house up.

9 Likes

That’s a great improvement, friend. Glad to hear it.

5 Likes

I started smoking when I was 12 in 1979, I used to get cigs from my mothers pack when she was not looking. In my first year of high school I was caught smoking and given a 2 week school suspension. My parents were upset, but not hypocrites so they allowed me to smoke at home after that and I got an allowance to buy my cigarettes.

I went from smoking around 10 cigs a day to 30 per day in a short space of time. Over the years as pack sizes grew, so did my addiction and was smoking 50+ a day. Here in Australia, the gov taxes cigarettes quite heavily I decided to start smoking “roll your own” tobacco instead. Before I started vaping I was going through 2 x 55 gram pouches of tobacco a week at a cost of around AU$110.

Roll on to Jan 27th 2018 and I started vaping. Since that day I have not had a single cigarette, nor felt the need for one. After more than 30 years of smoking, vaping allowed my to quit in one day! Like many others, I wish I had found vaping a lot earlier as it has changed my life.

11 Likes

Holy crappers, Ianc13! What a story. I can’t believe you smoked that much and are still standing. I am over the moon happy for you. What a great testament to vaping. Thx for reminding me why I love it so much.

7 Likes

Hi everybody!

So my story…I was smoking for about 20 years. Mostly roll your own tobacco, 2-3 pouches per week. I tried to quit “cold turkey” for about a month with devastating effects (my wife who doesn’t smoke and hates the smell, offered to buy me cigarettes…to save our marriage and my life because she was contemplating killing me :smiley: ). So I started again. In an effort to limit smoking, I started smoking pipe. I couldn’t smoke the pipe at work and I would smoke only at home, right? No way. I started again rolling cigarettes at work (3-5 per day) and I went through 3-4 bowls of pipe at home. Almost 1,5 pack a day.

At the same time I was looking for a way to quit. Vaping was on my mind and I read a lot of contradicting articles (remember it was the time that in USA, people started dying from vaping illegal marijuana products). So I went to the sources. Reading doctors essays I was convinced this was the way to try. At Christmas I decided to buy a good set to start, but I was doing it alongside smoking, as a way to limit smoking. In the first 2 months I was at 1-2 bowls of pipe/day and at work I was only vaping. Slowly but steadily I was starting to vape more and more. At 6 months I started mixing and I stopped buying pipe tobacco. I was smoking 3-5 cigarette/month only when I was with my friends for the next months. On the 5th of October 2019 I smoked my last cigarette. I decided I didn’t need it any more. Last Christmas I cut my nicotine to half and now I’m contemplating to reduce it even more.

All this time, I have a packet of cigarettes in my drawer, unopened. Today is the day to throw it away and I wanted to share with all of you, who helped me so much these last years.

I think this is my first post in this community and I want to thank you all for your support, infos, stories and experiences that you share, and I hope that I can be a more active member in the near future!

9 Likes

I’ve been a smoker for 51 years, the last 5 years have been vape only, Thanksgiving day is when I quit. It took me over a year to finally quit the garbage stuff. As soon as I started vaping I cut my 2 pack a day habit in half! Then it took me a year to finish the switch. Glad I did. Still have 5 cartons of cigs in my freezer and I will NEVER look back! Feel so much better, and yes, of course, I smell better too :+1: The wife is much happier too. You CAN DO IT! I use an Endura T 18II MTL unit. Of course, I started with the Ego, most of us did I think. Fire Cured Virginia is all I vape, I mix my own, not very well I may add, lol.

11 Likes

WOW !!! That’s incredible. Congratulations. I’ve been vaping for 6 years but unfortunately still have a smoker in the house. I’d never be able to stay off the smokes if I didn’t have my vapes.

8 Likes

On December 18, 2018 I posted my start on the vape here.
I had been smoking for almost 50 years and I was on the occasion for 30 days without the analogue cigarette and with many expectations / hope …

Today, after almost two years of my posting, I remain firm and happy in the vape without a cigarette.
ok, I replace one addiction with another, but with my health renewed! It was a great exchange.
Brazil banned the sale, starting a strong campaign against electronic cigarettes.
In a short period of time, everyone started treating electronics as bad / harmful as cigarettes.

It made it difficult for other Brazilians to follow my example, we regressed, which made me very sad, I’m really sorry.

10 Likes

Hello everyone. I also want to share the story of my friend. He smoked cigarettes for about 4 years.
He was given a vape system for his birthday and then quit smoking. Can you imagine ?!
now it enjoys a variety of flavors, from standard tobacco to fruit
and mint flavors of pods. Recommended with everyone who wants to quit smoking cigars once and for all.

9 Likes

I smoked for about 30 years then vaped for about 5 years. I was able to quit vaping 2 years ago but, then my mother got sick and i picked up some cigars she was in the hospital for 2 months then passed away i had been smoking since, picked up a new vape and some juice Oct 29 2020 haven’t had a smoke since so i will be vaping again for a while.

10 Likes

I smoked for over 40 years and was up to around a pack and a half a day. Then in 2014 I had a heart attack and have 2 stents in my heart, my doctor told me, you need to quit smoking. I did, however I still craved the experience and the nicotine. So I started vaping cigalikes (BLU), that lasted for awhile but it just wasn’t enough for me. After switching brands and getting fed up with the cost, I decided to get a mod and tank and started using that. I found a few flavors that were really good and haven’t smoked since the day I had my heart attack.

I also would like to comment that for around 6 months I had rehab and went into a rehab clinic 2 times a week. I Vaped all the way to the clinic, because I wanted to see if they noticed anything with my blood pressure or heart rate. They didn’t and I felt great even after the stress test, exercise they had me do in therapy. Not one time did they tell me my BP or heart rate was high. I don’t cough and hack every morning when for an hour when I wake up either!

Of course I asked my doctor about it, and his response was typical of the time, no research, no one really knows. It may take a while to discover all of the issues (if any) one has with vaping, but I can definitely see a difference in my overall health vs. smoking tobacco.

After a couple of years of buying commercial e-juice, and noticing it was getting pretty expensive, I decided to look into making my own. What I didn’t realize was the fact that it was so easy to do, and so cost effective.

Then if found this site and this community, and what can I say? This has been the best thing in the world for me, so many helpful people and recipes. I have been cigarette free for over 6 years now and have no desire to smoke another cigarette, it would probably make me gag if I did :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I am not a doctor but will answer your question of what do you think? I think the known side effects of Chantix are worse than any known side effects from vaping such as PG sensitivity or allergy. I took to vaping because it enabled me to quit cigarettes without having to use pills or patches.

6 Likes

It’s not unusual to relapse. Many of us do. You will be fine with your vapes again. I’ve been vaping for 6+ years and have not had any negative side effects yet. My health is the best it’s been in years.

6 Likes

This is so nice and supportive of you. Your friend is lucky to have a friend who cares so much. Thanks for posting, it encourages me.

6 Likes

If there’s anything we can do to help please ask. From finding vendors who will ship to Brazil to making your own juice and even mods. All the info is right here and online.

6 Likes

Hi all so I’m new to the site. But have been off the bungers for a couple of years now. My then 6 year old son asked me why I smoked and could I give up. I found it hard to quit till I was hospitalised for mental condition. After weeks of hospitalisation I had given up. But found I needed something so I started vaping. Since then I have enjoyed mixing and trying new flavours. Making my own juices helps with the mental stuff too…glad I made the change.

13 Likes

Welcome @Simon49. Good to hear your reason for vaping. So much better than going back to the cigs.

6 Likes