I QUIT Smoking by VAPING. The DATE, My STORY

WOW !!! That’s incredible. Congratulations. I’ve been vaping for 6 years but unfortunately still have a smoker in the house. I’d never be able to stay off the smokes if I didn’t have my vapes.

8 Likes

On December 18, 2018 I posted my start on the vape here.
I had been smoking for almost 50 years and I was on the occasion for 30 days without the analogue cigarette and with many expectations / hope …

Today, after almost two years of my posting, I remain firm and happy in the vape without a cigarette.
ok, I replace one addiction with another, but with my health renewed! It was a great exchange.
Brazil banned the sale, starting a strong campaign against electronic cigarettes.
In a short period of time, everyone started treating electronics as bad / harmful as cigarettes.

It made it difficult for other Brazilians to follow my example, we regressed, which made me very sad, I’m really sorry.

10 Likes

Hello everyone. I also want to share the story of my friend. He smoked cigarettes for about 4 years.
He was given a vape system for his birthday and then quit smoking. Can you imagine ?!
now it enjoys a variety of flavors, from standard tobacco to fruit
and mint flavors of pods. Recommended with everyone who wants to quit smoking cigars once and for all.

9 Likes

I smoked for about 30 years then vaped for about 5 years. I was able to quit vaping 2 years ago but, then my mother got sick and i picked up some cigars she was in the hospital for 2 months then passed away i had been smoking since, picked up a new vape and some juice Oct 29 2020 haven’t had a smoke since so i will be vaping again for a while.

10 Likes

I smoked for over 40 years and was up to around a pack and a half a day. Then in 2014 I had a heart attack and have 2 stents in my heart, my doctor told me, you need to quit smoking. I did, however I still craved the experience and the nicotine. So I started vaping cigalikes (BLU), that lasted for awhile but it just wasn’t enough for me. After switching brands and getting fed up with the cost, I decided to get a mod and tank and started using that. I found a few flavors that were really good and haven’t smoked since the day I had my heart attack.

I also would like to comment that for around 6 months I had rehab and went into a rehab clinic 2 times a week. I Vaped all the way to the clinic, because I wanted to see if they noticed anything with my blood pressure or heart rate. They didn’t and I felt great even after the stress test, exercise they had me do in therapy. Not one time did they tell me my BP or heart rate was high. I don’t cough and hack every morning when for an hour when I wake up either!

Of course I asked my doctor about it, and his response was typical of the time, no research, no one really knows. It may take a while to discover all of the issues (if any) one has with vaping, but I can definitely see a difference in my overall health vs. smoking tobacco.

After a couple of years of buying commercial e-juice, and noticing it was getting pretty expensive, I decided to look into making my own. What I didn’t realize was the fact that it was so easy to do, and so cost effective.

Then if found this site and this community, and what can I say? This has been the best thing in the world for me, so many helpful people and recipes. I have been cigarette free for over 6 years now and have no desire to smoke another cigarette, it would probably make me gag if I did :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I am not a doctor but will answer your question of what do you think? I think the known side effects of Chantix are worse than any known side effects from vaping such as PG sensitivity or allergy. I took to vaping because it enabled me to quit cigarettes without having to use pills or patches.

6 Likes

It’s not unusual to relapse. Many of us do. You will be fine with your vapes again. I’ve been vaping for 6+ years and have not had any negative side effects yet. My health is the best it’s been in years.

6 Likes

This is so nice and supportive of you. Your friend is lucky to have a friend who cares so much. Thanks for posting, it encourages me.

6 Likes

If there’s anything we can do to help please ask. From finding vendors who will ship to Brazil to making your own juice and even mods. All the info is right here and online.

6 Likes

Hi all so I’m new to the site. But have been off the bungers for a couple of years now. My then 6 year old son asked me why I smoked and could I give up. I found it hard to quit till I was hospitalised for mental condition. After weeks of hospitalisation I had given up. But found I needed something so I started vaping. Since then I have enjoyed mixing and trying new flavours. Making my own juices helps with the mental stuff too…glad I made the change.

13 Likes

Welcome @Simon49. Good to hear your reason for vaping. So much better than going back to the cigs.

6 Likes

Thanks @lanc13

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Don32 @Andriana @Drakossi @Simon49 and congratulations on staying of the stinkies :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I have no clue about the dates, but I can remember April 2010…“smoke everywhere” kiosk at the mall of america. The gentleman pulled me aside and had me try it. He probably smelled me from a mile away lol. I saw the sticker price and schlubbed away…200 bucks I did not have. I later googled and landed on totally wicked e-liquid and found the tornado! I bought everything ala carte…Wich back then ran up to about 200 lol but it was tailored to me!

I was so out of breathe and out of options with cigarettes at age 28-29 I bought it. I was unaware that my nicotine level was too low at the time, so I dual used. Ecf forum helped, and bumped my level to 36 mg. The e-liquid I quit with was “pillbox 38 mad dog”. A tobacco with black pepper and mustard seed lol…no longer available, but if it was, I’d be the first at the checkout counter!

I went through blue foam, debriding 1.5 ohm atomizers, to rebuilding my own. I went through proprietary batteries to lithium ion batteries…18350-21700

I used to buy premade e-liquid, and decided to mix myself. Still learning and keeping my recipes private but having fun just the same! If you would tell me that in 2009, I’d be vaping, mixing and rebuilding… I’d call you NUTS!

I loved smoking THAT much! I love the “ritual” and will be always bound to it. After 10 years cigarette free, I love vaping…a new lease on life and can have a cleaner, safer nicotine use throughout my life! I’m no longer afraid of nicotine… it’s helped me in so many ways throughout my life.

With vaping, you’re in control… no one else… it’s your life for crying out loud!

12 Likes

I want to offer you the utmost congratulations!!! I’m this climate of crybabies, who have no idea how beneficial vaping can be for an ex-smoker, people forget that quitting smoking, after however many years, is a BIG DEAL, however you do it! I quit via the vape, about 2 yrs ago, and never looked back! Good job quitting!!!

I love these commercials, they say what “MIGHT BE”, in vape fog, but they can say, cigarettes definitely have cancer causing toxins…no MIGHT BE about it! Plus, I feel a million times better, and have run 5K races, which I NEVER could do while smoking cigarettes…plus, knock on wood, but I haven’t even gotten a cold, in 2 yrs!!! Vaping is so much better and healthier of an alternative, than smoking, for me, if I cannot quit altogether…
I am truly happy you made the switch!

12 Likes

Cool thread! It makes me happy to see so many successful quitters.

I had smoked for 19 years, about a pack a day, when a friend told me about ecigs. I hadn’t thought about quitting until that moment, but it made a lot of sense. This was early 2009, so when I went to the store the next day all excited I was bummed to find nothing.

My wife found a starter kit (greencig?) and ordered it for me. The rest is history. Soooo glad I quit/started. So it’s been almost exactly 12 years now, and I’ve slowly lowered the nic in my recipes to 0.2ml and am still thankful for the whole scene. Pretty sure I’d still be smoking if it weren’t for the ecig. Actually no, I’m sure I would be.

13 Likes

Congrats on finding an alternative to smoking. Like you, I am thrilled that I’ve been smoke free for a number of years (7+).

9 Likes

Welcome Simon! Glad you found us. Can’t think of a better place to find everything you need to keep DIYing. And a big congrats :+1:

7 Likes

About 8 years ago I gave us Cigarettes unfortunately I gave them up for Cigars which isn’t much better meanwhile my wife was still a pack a day smoker that had begun having issues of continual coughing. About 2 years ago I stopped by a vape booth and talked with the sales. I use to one of those that believed all the rumors and lies about vaping. The guy at sales talked to about vaping and even showed me by doing a DIY exactly what was in ejuice. Simple things we eat drunk breath and use on our skin every day that not the deadly items but in fact things that we use that professionals actually say are good for us… so I bought my first vape. And they gave me 6ml of a custom juice I watched them make. Once home I had my wife try it and she loved it… so I went back and got another vape for myself and in the next months we went from that to doing DIY. Me and my wife stopped coughing and our heath was getting better every day, infact I went from a diabetic almost on insulin to a 5.0 a1c and only a strict diet and loosing weight. My doctor has been amazed with my improvement and with me doing DIY all our DIY Juice has been 100% nicotine free for months. I just enjoy the vaping. I like to think of it as gum or candy for someone who can’t have candy or gum. I guess Vaping is much like alot of things now days… it’s easy to hate something or someone when you know only what others tell you and don’t use your own judgement on facts not rumors. Oh I also forgot. My wife and me Quit smoking and had our last Cigarette and Cigar within 24 hrs of getting our first vapes… no withdrawal no food bengin. Just threw them away and have never looked back.

14 Likes

Good on the guy who spent time to explain vaping. I spent a year on and off trying different types of devices until I came across a guy on ebay offering advice on choosing the best starter devices via phone. Sold be my first proper mod with option to return and sent a few second hand tanks for me to tryout before I purchased a new one of the one I choose. Haven’t looked back and been cigarette free for about 4 years.
There are as many false news stories about vaping out there as about vaccines at the moment. Some people will never accept that vaping can be safe and is not the same as smoking.

12 Likes