I QUIT Smoking by VAPING. The DATE, My STORY

Maybe when you get a chance you can share some of that with me. I’m so wrecked…this sucks and my heart is breaking. Besides missing him, it’s all that crap swirling around your head…did I do the right thing?could I have done something better? what was he thinking after that first shot? was he confused as to why this was happening to him and why I would let it happen? I was his caretaker and protector, he knew that. I’m messed up right now. I gotta go.

7 Likes

The hardest decision to make. My heart goes out to you. Know that you are doing the right thing. Grieve fully.

7 Likes

Loss like this can hit hard. When I got the call that my dog Leo got hit and killed by a car I broke down at the office. If affected me for a long time, and I am still extra cautious with dogs near a street. My ex and I taught our greyhound to stop at intersections while we looked both ways. Sometimes when I would forget, he would still stop. Take good care of yourself.

7 Likes

A horrible thing to have happen, i hope Leo greets you at the gates.

I still cry about having to put Thor, Bubba, Captain Poo Face, down, he wasnt a dog he was our baby.

So sorry muth. If you need anything just holler and know that you have family here willing to listen. No matter what remember all the smiles and fun.

7 Likes

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. I just got his ashes back today. I’m starting to realize that this is a process that moves on it’s own time.

7 Likes

I’m in a VERY similar boat to you @muth, and you may never have been more right.

6 Likes

I’m sorry for what you’re going through but for what it’s worth, it’s comforting to know we’re not alone.

5 Likes

Thank you @muth, and no, you are def. not alone. I’m still dealing with the loss of our 18+ year old Kit Kat. @paingawd was kind enough to chat with me about it, and I hope he doesn’t mind, but he had some very wise words, not limited to, but including …

7 Likes

Thank you, SD :revolving_hearts: :pray:

5 Likes

Don’t mind at all- We’re all here to help each other.

5 Likes

That is probably the case @paingawd, but you were especially helpful, IMO.

Thank you.

5 Likes

The vet who came to the house left me with some pet grief material. I finally read it and it was all so true. Does it make it go away faster?..no, but it helps to know what’s going on in your heart.

8 Likes

I’m glad the vet came to the house for you @muth.

7 Likes

Yes, there are some services in the area that specifically do that. They are licensed vets that specialize in palliative, end of life care and at-home euthanasia. His primary vet could not or would not offer that service. All in all, it was just a bit more expensive but worth it in every way for all. I did it for Nikko. He was in no condition to make another trip to the vet, which wasn’t his favorite place anyway, lol.

5 Likes

It took me a long time to heal from each of my pooches death. Heck, I still use the name of my Greyhound who passed 14 years ago as a password on some sites. Sending you kind and caring thoughts as you grieve. Take good care of yourself and remember that every feeling you have is genuine. Those feelings are what make us human.

7 Likes

Just joined the forum. Quit smoking in or around 2016 when I switched to pod vapes. Still use pod vapes but also disposables. I have not had a cigarette since I fully started vaping. I say fully because it was a little touch and go in the beginning with the occasional relapse before I managed to shake the cigs 100%.

Since switching to vapes:

• Breathing = improved
  • Sleeping = improved
  • Overall feeling of healthiness = improved
  • Happiness = improved

I’ve saved money (maybe not on the disposables but definitely on the bottles of juice and refillable pods), I don’t smell nasty as hell, and I can confidently say that I’m healthier and happier.

My worries (ordered) at this point:

1. Restrictions on vapes will make me go back to smoking
  2. Vaping will turn out to be worse than smoking but I doubt it

Cheers to everyone who quit smoking :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @VapeJuicer glad you joined and a big congrats on quitting the stinkies! :tada: :partying_face:

7 Likes

Welcome to ELR @VapeJuicer.

4 Likes

Glad your here , Welcome

4 Likes

Congratulations @VapeJuicer and welcome to ELR. Don’t worry about restrictions, we’ll take care of you. I’ve been vaping for 10 yrs and so far so good. My doctor is happy, so am I. The only thing worse about Vaping is that it takes more effort than buying a box of tobacco sticks and lighting them on fire.

4 Likes