I started painting

About September of 2021 i started painting with acrylics. I didn’t realize that this new hobby would comsume me like it did but im not complaining.
Here are some of my recent paintings.

24 Likes

I like the sunset cliff diver. Really good works.

5 Likes

Thank you. That’s one of my favorites too.

4 Likes

Painting- and Art in general is not an easy thing to do. I can barely make Stick Figures. Its something I always wanted to do, or wish I had a natural talent for. Your stuff looks DAMN GOOD Dude!!! Keep them coming! :v:

8 Likes

Very nice @Mourning_Glory.

7 Likes

I wish I could do that, very cool!

7 Likes

For a beginner, they are very good.

Personally, the brushstrokes you used to capture the zebra’s hair gave a lot of energy and life to that painting.

8 Likes

These are great, well done. I too agree with @SquirrelSmash that the way you captured the Zebras hair and in my opinion especially the eyelashes has energy and captured the light perfectly.

8 Likes

I appreciate all of the compliments but even though I did paint them, I followed painting tutorials from “Michelle The Painter” on YouTube for every one of them.

They are her creations and she gives step by step instructions. You should check her out on YouTube

Heres a time lapse for her newest tutorial.

7 Likes

Nothin wrong with that. I still love watching old Bob Ross videos. I don’t paint but they are entertaining as hell. My wife paints watercolor and she’ll watch instructional videos on YouTube. It’s so relaxing that I’ll drift right to sleep while watching. :rofl:

7 Likes

Wowee, nice work! While I was fairly good at sketches in my youth, I could never get painting even remotely close to “bad” (despite all the Bob Ross programs).
Keep it up, I’m positive you’ll only get better. Really good work!

8 Likes

WOW !! I’m impressed. I am always amazed at how many artistic, talented and creative folks there are. I’m not one of them and am thrilled for you.

8 Likes

@Mourning_Glory you’ve inspired me to work on a new painting. Although, as I am mostly working on tiny scales at the moment (miniature commissions and my own armies), it will be a 5cm wide seascape with lighting akin to Turner and Bosler.

Here’s the first session. I expect it to take 5 sessions to finish.

7 Likes

It’s awesome seeing someone’s art! Well done, thanks for sharing! :+1:

6 Likes

An expressive second session. I think that the Turner elements are now glaringly obvious

6 Likes

That looks cool. There’s a lot going on in there.

5 Likes

The only challenge is to capture the aspects of a multistage oil painting on such a tiny scale. When it comes to seascapes, I prefer 150cm wide canvas and not the 5cm piece of plastic I have here.

5 Likes

I forgot to add session 3 last night. So here it is. Sadly for others, Mrs. Squirrel has used her right of refusal to own the finished work.

7 Likes

Session 4. It now has clear Turner colour choices: I accentuated the greens to increase the aged oil look.

4 Likes

You have really captured the movement and moodiness of the sea there @SquirrelSmash which must be hard to do especially on such a small scale and yes it’s very Turner-esque.

4 Likes