I think I have bought too many flavors at once

So the other day I decided to go the DIY route and in the process bought about 20 flavors but then I remembered that flavors start losing their potency. especially the fruity flavors. Now I am hoping that it is the nicotine that speeds up the degradation process rather than PG (which is the base of all the flavors I have purchased). Would appreciate any input.

5 Likes

Most flavors are good 18-24 months if kept in a cool dark place. They might start to fade a little after 18 month but they don’t turn dangerous like a food product might. Did you get smaller sample bottles?

8 Likes

I got 10 ml bottles so not that bad I guess. And if they last for that long by themselves then I guess I am good phew.

5 Likes

There’s no such thing as having too many flavours, some of the hoarders on this forum have hundreds of flavours and still wanting more.
But welcome to the forum fledgeling :hatching_chick: :laughing:

Mizzz is right, just store them properly and you’ll be fine. I still have flavours that I bought 3 years ago and most of them are still good.

14 Likes

:joy: Great thank you both for your help. Much appreciated. Can’t wait to get down and dirty with my flavors :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I thought about saying something but then remembered wishing I had started out slowly. :rofl:

You’re fine! Welcome to the rabbit hole.

9 Likes

This is border line click bait. First time buying and only 20? Pfftt. Amateur. :wink:

Happy mixing!

8 Likes

Looks like you got appropriate answers! Yay Just remeber. The more reading and research you do prior to mixing the best results you will get and fewer of the “I guess lesson learned” mixes that you pour down the drain.

Welcome to the club.

10 Likes

There is too much to learn and too many ways to go about it. I have done DIYing a while back, so I am not a full-on noob. And back then I always started with low strength and small mixes (not a fan of strong liquids). but then one month through, I went back to analogs after three years of vaping, I guess that’s how bad my liquids were, come to think about it :see_no_evil: Now I am back and here to stay.

3 Likes

I have to agree. Hoarding is healthy !!!

5 Likes

And so it begins…:nerd_face:

6 Likes

I bet 90% of the people here can relate to that title. The rabbit hole will get you every time.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Same here …

4 Likes

A lil sumthin’ that can help maximize your flavor buying experience and maybe ease some of the stress when choosing flavors for purchase…

8 Likes

I don’t think you have a problem with 20 flavours I see the issue as clearly you need to redefine your definition of “too many”

16 Likes

It helps to set a goal and then buy just enough flavors to accomplish it. My goal was to find 7 to 10 mixes that I could vape in rotation which would be 9’s and 10 out of 10’s taste wise. I’ve found them, now I’m trying to make them all 10 out of 10’s.

4 Likes

Sweet Mary mother of God. :rofl: yeah definition redefined. too much ^^

4 Likes

Very helpful. Thanks

3 Likes

But why would you buy that many if you don’t mind me asking? you clearly can not finish all that in a lifetime lol I am still in awe

2 Likes