I'd like to start my journey in the DIY e-liquids world :D

Hi everyone,
this is my first post, I’ve been vaping for almost 2 years straight, before I smoked at least 20-30 cigarettes a day and my poor lungs were crying :cry::cry::cry: I stick to my Ego Phantom and, recently I got a Wismec RX200 and a TV12 from Smok and started cloud chasing. This atomiser sucks up a ton of juice and my premium liquids are running out… So I wanted to start my journey in DIY e-juice making. I wanted to ask you experts some questions:
-I love cloud chasing and really thick vapor, should I go for a heavy vg (90/10, 100) liquid or that would destroy flavour too much?
-What flavour density should I use to get a nice flavour in high vg juices?
-I noticed there are lots of different types and brand of flavourings and bases, what are the differences between these types and brands and what are generally the best for beginners?
-Finally, what are the best sites to buy flavourings and stuff (cheap if possible) in Europe? I live in Italy, long expeditions may be very expensive and can take a lot of time, even few weeks
Thanks a lot guys, I’d really like some help in this subject I’m very noobie at :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
Ps: for my cloud liquids I usually use 0 nicotine and love fruity flavours :yum::yum:

2 Likes

Though your tank can easily handle 90/10 juice let’s just say you should use Max VG. In other words the PG you use will be the percentage of flavor needed for the recipe you are making. You surely wouldn’t want to redo a recipes percentages of flavor just so you can have the 90/10. Not saying you can’t, it’s just that you will weaken the flavor. so, the flavor will be your PG, the rest, your VG and VG based Nic.

Even the experts can not give you a answer to this. All flavors are different and you will have to learn to use the flavors you purchase to satisfy your taste. What you can do is click on a flavor that interests you in a recipe and a info page comes up. The info page will tell you the average percentage that people are using that flavor, both as a mixer, and a stand-alone. I suggest finding some Max VG recipes with good ratings that interest you and purchase the flavors you need to make it. Do not try buying flavors then finding out you don’t have what it takes to make anything…

As far as buying flavor and Nic in Europe, I have to leave that to others, I’m in the US.

One more thing I want to mention. ALWAYS buy higher mg nic base than your desired end mg nic in a recipe. So many beginners want say 6mg nicotine Ejuice so they go out and buy 6mg nicotine base. Guess what, soon as you add your flavor then it is no longer 6mg. Suggest you buy 36mg at least. Many of us use 100mg nic base so we can mix for anyone but you should learn to mix before using 100mg nic. Also, do not buy VG,PG,nic already blended. If you care about accurate blends then buy all items separate and mix them yourself…

10 Likes

isnt flavour art an italian company ?? if its possible to buy direct from them its where i would start overall its probably my favorite company , for VG and PG and NiC i wouldnt know

2 Likes

I think you are correct. I do feel @overspin89 needs to find something similar to nicotine river, wizard labs or bull city vapor where many company’s flavors can be purchased. He should not limit the recipes to only one company’s flavors as a beginner. My opinion of course…

5 Likes

i think you are correct as well :wink: it seems from reading there is a company named darkstar that seems popular in europe allow me to call on @Lolly or @norseman @DrChud for a bit of help they also guide you on laws and new regs that seem to be looming

2 Likes

Looks like Pink-Mule can be a good place to start out for you. Danish company, but they ship from Spain.

https://pink-mule.com

5 Likes

@overspin89
What an exciting journey you have ahead!! ALWAYS remember: making juice is an art not a science! Oh, and get a notebook and a pencil with a giant eraser!

4 Likes

Could check out:

7 Likes

Don’t forget to start off your DIY and even ELR journey on the right foot. Here are some threads to help…

That’s a lot of reading. But take your time, take a step at a time, and you’ll soon be whipping up magic.

8 Likes

Here I am!

@overspin89

https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/ Do a very wide range of concentrates and ship to Europe.

https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/ Now ship to Europe but the nicotine is now in the TPD size of 10ml/18mg/ml strength.

http://www.lubrisolve.com/ Do great vg and pg and also some concentrates of their own (not tried them personally).

Shipping charges I am unsure of as I am based in the UK, so local postage applies.

I know @Norseman orders from Chefs Flavours so he may be able to assist.

And @DrChud is definitely our resident TPD Guru so any questions you have in relation to the new regulations, I am sure he will be happy to assist.

And finally…welcome to the best place on the net! Good to have you here :grin:

2 Likes

You can join but you may never leave…

6 Likes

Yeah i order from chefs among others for flavors and i have had absolutely no issues with them. They might be real slow to answer any emails if they even reply but besides that i always get what i ordered and in a decent time frame.
Shipping costs for me is £3.75 and thats not tracked. Tracked shipping would cost you more.

I also use http://www.flavourart.co.uk/ for pure FA orders and i can get anything in 10, 50 and 100ml bottles.

Never used Darkstar so i can’t say anything about them and they kinda got to be of non interest to me now since i can’t order nic in proper sized bottles and high MG due to the TPD bullshit.

2 Likes

Wow, thank you everyone for your replies I think i’mma read every suggested thread and visit every site you suggested me and as soon as I have any doubt you’ll hear me again (surely :joy:)
Thanks everyone!

4 Likes

As @Brotherbob1 said; check out the resource page there are also discount codes you can use for a couple of places.

3 Likes

Yeah, POTV gives you 10% off at https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/
Forgot to mention that.

2 Likes

Before you buy your concentrates find a recipe you want to make. Do you like fruits? Drinks? Desserts? Custards? When I first started I picked a highly rated recipe from here and made it. I found jumping straight into creating my own juices was not the best approach.

2 Likes

I didnt do single flavor recipes. I wasted lots of juice because I was basically guessing at percentages for each flavor. I took the long route to perfecting recipes. I have to agree that starting with single flavor mixing is more organized and helpful for starting out.

1 Like

i always forget your in europe , i dont know why but i always think your here in the states

1 Like

That’s totally fine - you can place me wherever you’d like @fidalgo_vapes But I think I like it better over here though lol :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello overspin89!

1. Do what @SthrnMixer says.

2. Get to know how to use this database and read the notes on the flavors for your percentages.

3. Before you spend any money, buy the flavors you need to make 2 or 3 recipes that are highly rated by many people in your flavor profile. If you go off trying to make your own recipes before you understand basic things you’ll just get mad for spending the money, throw your mod across the room … well you get the picture.

4. There are no stupid questions. 99.9% of the people on this site will help you and not make fun of you.

4 Likes