If you had had an extra $100 starting out, what would you have bought?

More flavour’s and an rda for tasting but as @Cc9fingers said if your a tank user like a lot of ppl on here, run your mix through your daily used tank to make sure it’s what you want.

3 Likes

YES I agree 100%. High quality concentrates equals more rewarding DIY and I think gets you started off on a better path from the start.

3 Likes

Bought 2. Thanks for the info!

That is an excellent model. I also have the Yep V2 and it’s right up there as well. Also a Plume Veil V1.5. All great for flavor.

Ok, picked up a single Velocity for now. I’ll probably grab a couple more later when I do a bulk order. Local shop had it for $21 so wasn’t paying full for all of them. Thanks again for the recommendation.

1 Like

For an RDA I’d put forward the Magma. I love mine. When I’m not subtanking I’ve got the magma going. I have a PV 1.5 clone also and I like that one as well, but the Magma is less finicky and easier to deal with. Nice deep wells too. :wink: I want to try a velocity clone, though. Everyone seems to love them.

+501K for more flavors, especially FA, Inawera, etc. like the others have said. I never seem to have enough 10ml bottles. Also, would suggest you get some 3-5ml bottles for trying single flavors while your stash is small(er). I didn’t feel like trying single flavors at first, so I put it off for the longest…now I’m going through my stash and trying everything at 2% for the super concentrated stuff and 5% for the others. It’s really helped, especially with flavors I feel completely clueless about, but it’s going to take forever now. If I’d been doing it all along I’d have a much better feel for all my flavors now.

2 Likes

Thanks, JoJo! I was thinking more of starting with simple recipes. Single and up to three flavors to start. I want to take my time and learn the flavor nuances before I go for suicide mixes or InSaniTy. Scales ordered. Two RDAs and plenty of tanks, coils, and wick mats. Now I’m surfing ecigexpress and going through the Flavor Art section to make a wishlist. Plenty of other stuff to acquire in the meantime. Doesn’t look to be an overnight process starting up. Thanks all for the great tips so far. Keep them coming.

2 Likes

Get some good wire to build with that order, good information on here about wire safety as well as what’s producing the best flavor. Depending on your rebuilding experience , maybe add some clapton coils there excellent for flavor production. And I’m new to DIY but making my third order for flavors so ya anything you have left go for flavors!
Even using 2-3 flavors the possibilities are endless, which is really the love for DIY

Why is measuring by weight better than by volume?

This post was the one that sold me on it. Seems like very little cleanup and fewer tools necessary. At least those are the reasons pushing me in that direction.

It’s more precise too… If you hit your mark. Some additives need to be precise… especially on small mixes.

Just cleaner and easier in general. I think it’s also more accurate as the scale you’re using should read down to the hundredth of a gram. It’s very quick for me to mix with my scale too. I don’t have to concentrate on anything other than looking at the display and making sure I don’t miss the hole I’m filing up.