If you had had an extra $100 starting out, what would you have bought?

So getting ready to make the plunge. I’ve set aside budget for all the necessary items that would comprise a basic starters kit (bottles, gloves, vg, pg, nic, etc.) Also have around 12-15 flavorings I’ll start out with to make a few recipes that I’ve bookmarked.

So I have an extra $100 bucks left. Knowing what you all know now, how would you spend it? Would you throw it at additional flavors, or bottles and supplies, or would you invest in an ultrasonic bath or magnetic stir plate? Don’t limit your suggestions to these. Just curious as to what was that one thing that would’ve made starting out so much easier for you.

A 0.01g precision scale and some pipettes :smile: I’d just get more flavorings :smiley: Find yourself a bunch of (popular?) recipes you think look good and the the flavorings :smile:

4 Likes

Thanks Daath, forgot to mention but yes I plan to start out mixing by weight. Too lazy for the extra cleanup of mixing by volume. Was planning on the american weighs LB501 everybody seems to like. But juices is where you’d put it after that eh?

Wasn’t sure whether trying to make a lot of different flavors up front was the right approach or trying to perfect just a few.

1 Like

That scale is a good choice! Personally I’d get flavorings - it’s always nice to be able to make something different ;D

Get a whole bunch of 10ml bottles for testing! :smile: Less of 30ml for regulars, and a few 50 and 100ml bottles (maybe even bigger?) for the good stuff :smile:

2 Likes

+1 on the scale. I got mine on amazon for like $11. It’s been working great for me. I also would just buy the extra flavors I needed for those popular recipes.

2 Likes

Right now I am at a stand still waiting on flavors. So I agree with daath. You will see a post with a recipe you want to try. But you won’t have all the flavors. Personally, if I had everything I needed to mix a few good recipes I would do that first. Then spend the time while waiting on those to steep researching your next purchase.of flavors. Look at a lot of different recipes. Pick out a few you want to try next. Pay close attention to the amount you need of each flavor to make a given amount of each recipe. Like Unicorn Milk requires lots of Strawberry. If you see a flavor you may use a lot of in your list of recipes, consider buying a larger bottle of that flavor. Just some thoughts.

3 Likes

So three votes for flavors. Anybody got a favorite dripper recommendation for taste testing. I’ve got a collection of tanks but really haven’t sampled the drip life. Something for a simple single coil build that’s quick and easy to rewick but gives a good sample of the flavor?

1 Like

That was the suggestion I was going to make. …a couple…or three dippers. I’d buy like three Velocity clones. …if you have some old mods that you don’t use…having a couple of dripper that you can build in single coil. …wick them very short. With these you can tweek flavor profiles!

2 Likes

Very good advice. Velocity clones - Are they any good?

2 Likes

I would say more flavors. I found it to be a never ending battle… having what you need. Further more, more of the premium flavor concentrates… FA, INW and FLV. Like most noobs I went for quantity over quality and loaded up on TPA, FW and Cap only find that most flavors I invested in wasn’t highly recommended. Patience isn’t really a virtue of a noob but it pays off in the end.

3 Likes

They are! I had a authentic when they first came out and sold it to a buddy after seeing the clones, I bought a clone and had enough left over for a TFV4! The reason I would get the velocity style RDA for what you are talking about is the ease of building. … if you are not familiar with the style? ? Check them out. …the space between the two post is why they are different from your other RDAs . Most RDAs have the connections running parallel but the velocity is kind of like building between goal post. …lol

2 Likes

I like that recommendation. Looks much roomier than other recommendations I was getting. Friends were throwing around Royal Hunter, Dark Horse, and Mutation V4. Does $15 for the Tobeco Velocity clone sound about right? Also any issues with airflow just using it as single coil?

1 Like

That’s the one I got. .lol… it’s a good clone. If fact it’s a exact copy of the authentic! Air flow in single coil is good if you build in the top holes and keep the coil high. You can get spit back if you crank up the power with the coil extra high, but for flavor testing I don’t think chunking clouds at 180watts is necessary!

1 Like

100 dollars of FlavourArt concentrates would be a good start.

5 Likes

Don’t forget to try your new recipes in a tank before mixing up a lot. I’m a big tank fan and just like rtas are different. Flavors are different from tanks, so before mixing 240 mills of a new recipe. … try a few runs through your every day driver!

1 Like

Lots more money. That would have been the one thing that would have made it easier :joy:

1 Like

So that’s one vote to put the $100 into lottery tickets? :wink:

1 Like

I will leave that to u . i needed more money . I started with a 35.00 dollar kit and six flavors .that made a hundred twenty ml of joose that was better than 18.00 dollars for thirty ml. I was big time. WOOT WOOT :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’d go for extra flavors if you already have the scale. And like @Shaner and @Pro_Vapes stated spring for the good stuff not for quantity. FA, INW,Molinberry, FLV are all great !

2 Likes

I agree with the majority…more flavorings! I get about 10-15 new ones each month in addition to the good ones that I need to reorder and that still isn’t enough! So yeah, more flavorings! Along with an RDA for testing flavors! Good luck!

2 Likes