Illumn lg batteries

I recently placed an order on illumn for 10 LG hg2’s and was in a vape shop last night and was told that he knew someone who was sent clones from there. That kinda goes against all the comments I found on here about illumn. Any input?

1 Like

I will not say that it didn’t happen but I seriously doubt it from the experience that myself and others have had.:smirk:
I have had many employees of vape shops tell me some very good lies over the years though!:scream:

5 Likes

I’ve bought 12 sets of Samsungs there with no problems and will continue to purchase all my batteries there. I think they had an issue with some batteries a couple years ago, but they notified customers and made it right immediately. They take their business very seriously, have excellent customer service, great prices, and care about batter safety (free case when you buy in pairs). They’ve got my business for good.

5 Likes

Illumn did have some bad batteries at one time but after they discovered it they sent emails to customers and replaced with authentic batteries. I think this has happened to several of the big battery vendors. It is nice when a vendor finds out something is bad, they step up to the plate and do what’s right.

5 Likes

They had very fast processing and shipped the same day I bought them, VERY PLEASED just thought I’d see what the thoughts were here. I have only charged 6 of the 10 and put 4 up for spares and all seemed well.

1 Like

I test every new battery I buy. I only purchase from Illumn, imrbatteries, and RTD.
You have a very reasonable question, and important that all ELR members stay
refreshed on the subject. [wish we saw more of you on ELR]

This is also a very valid reason for folks to have a battery charger that will at least
show you the mAh capacity after a full charge.
It used to be expensive to own one, but now is affordable.
I suggest at least an OPUS BT-C3100, now only about $35, or a SkyRC 3000, about $90
A good charger, that will re-condition batteries, will pay for itself.
Explain that to the spouse, if necessary, why a little more is a lot better.

2 Likes

I will be upgrading, I (for now) use the nitecore d4 but I see an upgrade in the near… VERY NEAR future.

2 Likes

they will tell you anything to get you to shop with them instead of internet

1 Like

I understand and agree

It is a good charger…keep it for back-up uses…when you have
more to charge.
I have a D2 on my desk all the time, and I trust it.

1 Like

I only buy my batteries from illumn. I have never had a problem with them and have purchased probably20 or more batts from them… On another note I use the nitecore D4, my fiance and I both have one… I guess I’m out of the loop on chargers. I thought that was one of the best and safest around when I got them about a year and a half ago… Anyone want to share a little more about other charging options? @Bandmn don’t mean to high Jack Your post but figured this is kind of relavent to battery safety :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t feel bad, me too…

I literally just bought one of these about a month ago and it is a nice charger, but I wish I had known about the reconditioning of batteries with these other chargers mentioned…I don’t even know what that means if someone cares to enlighten me…

I guess I should have research chargers here on ELR a little more before buying one but I was really just looking for a 4 bay one…now I am kind of regretting my purchase

Also, I think there is some really good information on chargers here:

which is what I am about to go read!

2 Likes
4 Likes

Very nice looks like a new purchase is gonna happen soon. I’m sure my wife is gonna love that news :grin:. She always gets the “hey hun we need this or we need that or even hey I got a flavor order put together we need”, but she’s good about taking the news lol

3 Likes

Lucky you lol my fiance is like we don’t need that and do you really need to buy another mod or tank or that many flavors… As she is reaching for her mod with the tank that I coil and wick for her and her fav juice that I also have to make lol

4 Likes