Im back, again

Sorry for my extended absence. Shortly after moving in and setting everything up we bought a washer, my wife came home a few days later and thats when we found out our mound system (septic) was severely damaged and had to be completely dug up and repaired. Some asshole drove over it with a tractor when he placed the house on the foundation. The damage wasnt evident until we got the washing machine. Long story short, we had to move back out and i went to stay with my folks in Kenosha, they smoke so life was shit for a bit.

Gonna take me a bit to get through what i missed.

And a public apology to @Drew1 and @wllmc. I was supposed to be one of the judges for the Mystery Contest and im going to be honest, i forgot all about it until i got back here and saw the box on the counter, no excuses tho. I am sincerely sorry not just to BCF but to the entire community, i feel like a total douche, deservedly.

I will say this, i absolutely despised the mystery flavor and found it nearly unvapable so it may have been for the best. So far i have tried two of the mixes and really couldnt vape either despite one being a custard!

Hope you all had a great holiday season!

24 Likes

Trying to picture it in my mind. The mounds are 5 foot high with 4" PVC pipes sticking out. I hope the septic installer back charged the house installers.

7 Likes

I hope you got reimbursed!

8 Likes

Wow @Ken_O_Where talk about having some new house fun !!!

Hope you got it all sorted, and like others have mentioned, I surely hope the builder gets the backcharge.

10 Likes

We have a different mound type so it isnt quite as high and is spread out much further but still it is quite obvious what it is and it had a sign in front of it. The fella that put in the system is practically family now, he flew back from Finland just to help us out.

It was a messed up ordeal and we are just glad it is over, it was soul crushing TBH. We didnt know about the damage right away as it was just me and i used very little water but it became obvious when we ran the washing machine and dishwasher. Couldnt really see it as the mound was put in late last year and had weeds all over it, once we got up there tho it was pretty clear what happened. The insurance companies duked it out, we havent paid anything, just the years the anxiety took off of our lives.

Just feel blessed to be in our new home.

10 Likes

Welcome back @Ken_O_Where!! Sorry about your troubles.

8 Likes

Any water back up into the house? I moved all the grey water out of the septic system finally last summer.

6 Likes

Yes, but we noticed it right away and shut off the water at the main and hit the breakers on the appliances. Not too much damage but they had to replace some drywall, a cabinet, vinyl flooring, about 16 sheets and the living room carpet. But even after shutting down everything the water backed up for a bit. A lot of it was contained by the tubs, hadnt been here long enough for it to be to nasty.

Spent the first day back vacuuming everything, walls ceilings, cabinets, everything was coated in a nice layer of dust from the dwall compound. Then washed it all down again. I have a bit of painting to do as a result but am so glad to do it!

9 Likes

That is so disappointing and such a PITA. Glad it is sorted :+1:

8 Likes

Starting to unpack flavors and mixing gear so things are moving in the right direction.

9 Likes

Aww man, so so sorry to hear about this. I know how much you were looking forward to settling in. Glad you got it sorted out. Nothing but time to enjoy moving forward.

8 Likes

This is what the universe gifted us on our first night home.

I rarely stand in silence or even still, i watched it as it disappeared in to the nothing and never said a word, the only movement i made was to take this picture. The little moments in between will soon replace the madness.

15 Likes

Welcome back! Sorry for your trouble. But glad you’re here. Here’s to a better 2023!

10 Likes

I hope you dont have a new surprises in store for 2023 lol good to see you back!

10 Likes

That view Ken is worth all the shit ( pun intended lol ) stunning that Ken

9 Likes

Amen to that! Even good ones, i want a super duper boring 2023, lol.

I am truly sorry and hope that i havent damaged the great relationship ELR and BCF have.

8 Likes

Welcome back. Missed ya.

7 Likes

Oh man, what a disaster, I’m so sorry @Ken_O_Where, hopefully, they make it right for you! Glad to see you back and absolutely no worries about the contest! As wllmc said, let’s hope 2023 goes a lot smoother :slight_smile:

9 Likes

With a view like that… well, I guess everything is alright.

6 Likes

I tried to take a pic but it is a little to dark, there are 8 deer out in the yard tonight. Living across from a corn field in the middle of winter is amazing! Just one of the moments in between that make all the bad fade away.

7 Likes