I'm looking for a cigar flavor with cedar notes

The rule of thumb I’ve seen is, one nice fat cigar can produce 60ml of extract. I’ll do more research…again! It’s been a while.

2 Likes

My problem was patients. I rushed it and it came out a coil gunker. Flavor wasn’t bad… but I could tell it was under developed.

1 Like

I wonder if steeping in a cedar barel could do the trick . Maybe im in total darkness too.

1 Like

Inawera Don Hill is listed as having a “hint of cedar wood” I have seen people put pg in a cedar container and then use this a a flavoring i dont know how potent it will be though.

1 Like

Maybe one day ; ) there’ll be a flavor company which makes the perfect blend!

1 Like

That’s where you’re wrong. It wasn’t a simple response…just continuing a discussion. Sorry if it didn’t meet your approval.

1 Like

I wonder - although I admit not knowing much of the extraction process - if somehow a blend could be ridded of those gunking properties using a centrifuge.

1 Like

Very possibly! I’ve always heard, straining your mix over and over X12, is the one way to keep the gunk down to a minimum.

You might be onto something here, folks! NEC …naturally extracted cedar!
Cigar separators is a good idea…
Steeping in a cedar barrel - a most luxurious concept!
or… I’ll pay a visit to the guy who made the cedar windows for my house & grab a bag of shavings!

2 Likes

they also sell cedar planks for bbq cooking they surely arnt treated wood. you go for it !!!

1 Like

Plank flavor! Lol!!
Seriously tho… I’m Aussie… we dont bbq with cedar (I’ll try it tho- sounds interesting!) so I doubt I’ll find them, so it’ll either be separators or shavings.
Thx for mentioning “arnt treated” …whatever wood is used, making sure it hasnt been treated will be a priority - V important!.. & I may have overlooked this had you not mentioned it, cheers!.

2 Likes

I saw a recipe for cedar infused tequila and they used cedar paper! Cheapest I could find was here; http://www.kitchenandcompany.com/bbq-outdoor/bbq-cedar-planks/_/Fire-And-Flavor-Cedar-Papers/?=
If it works for tequila, why not PG? Might be easier to get an extract from that than from planks.

Brilliant! THX so much… will definitely give this a go …keep you posted.

1 Like

Oh please do, I’m really curious about this.

This is the recipe to give you some idea on amounts used.

1 Like

Im wanting to make a concentrate… I imagine the way I’ll do it, unless anyone’s got a better idea, would be to break the cedar into short strips, maybe 4" x 1" pack a jar with the cedar, so its standing vertically in the jar then pour in the pg (about 50ml?) around the cedar. maximum coverage. Lid back on then forget about it for about a month or 2. Or, maybe I could change out the cedar strips for fresh ones occasionally but that might be messy & waste pg …see how we go.

2 Likes

There is a FB group called DIY Tobacco E Juice. Everyone is super nice and loves giving tips and tricks. There might be someone there who has experience in the art of blending, as you are attempting to do. Theses guys are into naturally extracting stuff in a big way!

Thx for the tip… I’ll check that out.

1 Like

You would be steeping the natural oil out of the wood. Not sure if that would be ok for vaping.

3 Likes

Had thought about it a bit but i still have to do some research on infusions of wood as everyone should do if tempting stuff of the unknown

2 Likes