I'm looking for a cigar flavor with cedar notes

Interesting read:

http://nwicplantsandfoods.com/plants/western-red-cedar-respiratory-steam

3 Likes

Note sure i want to gamble for cedar notes. Def needing more info before attempting anything

1 Like

I stuck up a conversation on the FB DIY Tobacco E Juice about this topic. Got a few nibbles. The danger in extraction from cedar would be the oils that would come with the process. Essential oils in the lungs = bad (from everything Iā€™ve read in the vaping forums over time).

1 Like

Hmmmā€¦ Thx for the heads-up on the dangersā€¦ somewhat depressing but Ill do more homework - there must be a way because Iā€™ve tasted it before (in ā€œEnterpriseā€ by Rocket sheep)-must have been blended somehow. yes Jimk, an interesting read ā€¦perhaps I could set up an inhalation & vape at the same time - thatā€™d look good down at the local. Lol!

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t that be the case with any wood? I mean, we have oakwood and red oak available in flavours so how do they extract those without getting the oil?

2 Likes

I could put $1 on the fact that the flavor is artificial. There are lots of people who have a bazillion dollars in educational fees to pay back to a bank with degrees in being able to put 25 +/- molecules together to make a fluid which mimics the taste of wood.

2 Likes

Have you tried Inawera blend?
ā€œMix of different tobaccos: burley and virginia tobacco, a bit of of cuban cigar and old cedar pipe. Second row is specially for vanilla note and RED fruits: hint of cherry with a smell of roots.ā€
I mixed this at 3% and left it for a week. It is an interesting flavour. I think I will put it up to 5% and see what thatā€™s like after a steep. It doesnā€™t really blossom at 3% but it could be an outstanding stand alone at 5.

[quote=ā€œJimk, post:47, topic:25572ā€]
being able to put 25 +/- molecules together to make a fluid which mimics the taste of wood.
[/quote]Thatā€™s true but where are the cedar molecules at?

1 Like

Thatā€™s the $64 question!

1 Like

Reckon Iā€™d PAY $64 fer them thar molecules ā€¦just about!

1 Like

ā€¦forgot, the $64 question thing is an old American saying; forget sometimes that colloquialisms I use donā€™t transfer to the EU very well.

Iā€™m familiar with the $1000000 question, not the $64. If Iā€™m the one paying, Iā€™ll prefer the latter!

1 Like

Hello AlIā€¦ I just came across this very interesting conversationā€¦ If its molecules weā€™re weā€™re after, thereā€™s a few ideas here!

2 Likes

Looks like the Don Hill is now on my next shopping list!

Nice find!

1 Like

mine too ā€¦along with starbuzzā€™s Lebanese Bomb Shell & zen garden I reckon. I got some tpa red oak on the way - I wonder if its anything like the oak wood

@Ohm_IGod suggested the don hill first up & I missed it ā€¦coz I was getting so excited about cedar barrels n cigar separators - sorry Ohm_IGod, u waz onta somethin!

2 Likes

Same here; was blinded by doing an extraction process. Hey, if itā€™s in the Don Hill, Iā€™m there.

1 Like

Let me know how your Rooibos extraction goes. I did two tea bags in about 40ml of PG, shook and stuck in window for 3 days, filtered twice through aeropress. It smells and tastes good, but I havenā€™t tried to vape it yet. Iā€™ll let ya know. :wink:

1 Like

I really hope it works out! There are lots more tea flavors Iā€™m gonna be extracting if this is a success. Fingers crossed.

Same to you! Keep me posted.

1 Like

Seems this is a tobacco & not a flavorā€¦ ā€œPacked with flavors of cedar this flavor will make you feel like your smoking in a cabin in the backwoods of the country side.ā€ hmm, Iā€™ll extract some of that!!
Your tea extractions sound interesting ā€¦keen to hear how you go!

1 Like

Yup, I might be doing an extraction on this as well! Got to try anywayā€¦because FREEDOM!

2 Likes

Thats the stuff!

1 Like