I'm looking for a cigar flavor with cedar notes

So, watched a couple of YouTube reviews on the LBS hookah tobacco…hmmmm, more like pine trees they say. Not exactly sure I want a pine tree vape. : ( sad face!

May stick with the Don Hill…safer bet with the outcome!

1 Like

It’d be like gin! Only…I think you can already get gin flavoring…so yeah. Guess there’s not much point.

3 Likes

I just watched a YouTube review too… the guy I saw spoke of cedar…lots of it, & likend it to the strong cedar of a good cigar, only milder - no pine trees mentioned. Was it credible?..mmm
So…who knows… do these guys? would they know a cedar from a pine …or a gumtree for that matter? …I dunno.
If I come across some LBS I’ll certainly give it a go …& if it tastes like gin …or pine trees? well, then we’ll know!
With regards the Don Hill… I think it was my subconscious that overlooked it 1st time around, coz over here in Oz we have, & you may to, a brand of cigarette called Dun Hill. I presumed it was a cig flavor, which isnt what I wanted so I skipped it. Im still not sure if its a cig or cigar or what…
I might try the Zen Garden/oak wood thing - it might work, & if it doesn’t it might produce something interesting …then ad maybe a Tuscan Reserve or similar etc…

2 Likes

They say it’s a pipe with a hint of cedar wood.

[quote=“vonTrueso, post:64, topic:25572”]
a brand of cigarette called Dun Hill.
[/quote]The same reason that I’ve skipped it before. Never smoked cigarettes, always rolled my own. Should’ve read the description first before discarding it. Learned my lesson now!

2 Likes

What was your brand of RYO?

American Spirit.

1 Like

I just realised yesterday that I still have 17 packs of American Spirit laying around the house. I kinda unexpectedly started to vape. They don’t put additives in their tobacco and I do have some 70/30 PG/VG so I can extract my own American Spirit tobacco flavour! Now why didn’t I think of that before.

2 Likes

Hey great idea!
Your American Spirit reminds me (…& why didn’t I think of this before!), just after I gave up the analogues, I came across http://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com - so I just went there & had another look because I was thinking they did an American Spirit extraction- they do a number of “Spirits”, but not that one. The exciting thing is (& this is what I should’ve thought of before…) that they do a range of 25% extracts…concentrates of some pretty amazing tobaccos. Not too economical, or as strong as we’re used to, I know. But… for that ‘special’ brew… REAL tobacco! @jimk, I reckon u’d enjoy perusing this site!
Unfortunately i didnt see anything with cedar - a better look is required

Now, back to your American Spirit…dare I suggest it, (just in case you actually wanna do this to your tobacco)…what about some time in a cedar box?
No, wait… dare I suggest a better idea!..those cedar papers you suggested to me! I think theres 7 sheets to a box… why not make a 7 sheet American spirit / cedar sandwich?..put it all in an air-tight zip-lock bag & leave it for a few weeks under the weight of a good book …or brick …or 2 & then do your extraction.
That wouldnt leech oils from the wood, would it? I’d be thinking (or hoping…) just the aroma.
Perhaps you dont need the weight. All just a thought - & probably a crazy one!

2 Likes

I realize a cedar cigarette tobacco aint necessarily what we’ve been after, but hey…

1 Like

It is definitely worth a try. I have some already in the crockpot, but I will order some of that cedar paper and try it out. I can compare the two, with and without cedar. See what works best. Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

I’ll look forward to hearing about it!

1 Like

Oh, yes! I have looked at that site way more than I should have in the past! It took all my will power not to put 10 flavors in the cart and hit buy! I’d love some of that Excalibur!
http://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=Excalibur

1 Like

But mixed with a cigar flavour it could just do the trick.

[quote=“vonTrueso, post:72, topic:25572, full:true”]
I’ll look forward to hearing about it!
[/quote]It will be awhile. First I have to order the paper and wait for delivery, next I will store the tobacco in it for a couple of weeks and then the extraction, but I will keep you posted.

1 Like
1 Like

Tough Sh…

1 Like

This video is hilarious. I don’t know if this is the way to go about it but it should go into the annals! Especially that last bit. Don’t know what he is vaping on, I’m a noob, maybe there are people who recognise the device he’s using. He looks very pleased with himself though.
And @Jimk, he is using a JM cigar! I thought it said Jim first.
I haven’t used any alcohol in my extract but it has a better colour than the dishwater I’ve seen in this vid. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 Like

No f-ing kidding! I saw this vid a while back myself when I was just starting to think about NET.

And ahhhhhh, no Bueno on the isopropyl alcohol! Make the final product bitter. I’ve seen where some folks put in grain alcohol with the PG for steeping purposes, but it’s only about 10% of the total liquid. You don’t need the alcohol at all, but some folks say it helps with the extraction process.

1 Like

Hmm… why didnt you hit buy?! It’s not like uve got to smoke it…

Yes, that one caught my attention too …& I thought I could remember seeing the “c” word somewhere on that site.

[quote=“vonTrueso, post:69, topic:25572”]
they do a range of 25% extracts…concentrates of some pretty amazing tobaccos. Not too economical, or
[/quote] Do you think the extracts could be used in our DIY? “We use this extract at 25% of the final volume”. so, if Ive got it right, 15ml (@ $25) would get you 60ml… then pad it out with some more flavors - maybe using it more as a back-note… so, end up somewhere btween 60 & 90ml. Yes… expensive, but its the flavor of REAL tobacco - & still cheaper than vendor supplied . I might try this one day, because so far, all the “molecular” tobaccos ive tried have been disappointing. That said, I havent known how to use them properly.

1 Like

… but worthwhile, I’m sure!

2 Likes

Yeeeesssss, you did!

Our first release utilizing an enhanced multi-step extraction process: EXCALIBUR!

A triple-fermented, Cuban-seed Nicaraguan maduro wrapper (aged for nearly 2 years, including a hefty stint in a Bourbon barrel) encases a rich and well-aged blend of Nicaraguan long-fillers. A HIGHLY regarded full-flavored, but very well-balanced smoke that’s layered with notes of coffee, cocoa, sweet cedar, and earth. With our scaled up 3-step extraction process, these elements have transferred incredibly well into the extract…

I’m getting weaker…

1 Like