I'm lost! need your help

I started vaping with a subtank mini with RBA. I was vaping that for the last 7 months, using a 26 gauge kanthal wire(5 wraps) at 24w. Last month, I started using different RDAs (Boreas, Thorem, Billow V3) with 24 gauge kanthal wire. Since building on these new RDAs with 24 gauge 7 wraps, I am confused as to what voltage to smoke at. It either is cold, tasting like metal, and changes the flavor of my juice. Or if I smoke it at a higher voltage, it gets to warm for me and my juice’s flavor changes. The juice i vape most often is 60 VG/40 PG. When I come back to using the subtank mini, it is way too wet and juicy, where i feel like hot, sweet liquid comes up in my mouth. So I am confused and don’t know what to do! Is the RBA on the subtank mini broken? Do I need to use a different size wire? Different VG/PG? I prefer to some around 24-28w and to feel a medium temperature when vaping. I use a DNA 40 of DNA 200. All I know is that my juice can’t get too hot because the custard, caramel and tobacco flavors in my juice change too much if it gets too hot. For someone like me who likes lower voltage/heat, should i not be using dual coils and just use single coils? I know a lot of you vape under 30 w so if you have any suggestions, I’d really appreciate it if you could help me out. Thanks!

i vape in RTA’s 24g 6 wrap @ 48w on a dripper 60w

1 Like

On the Subtank mini, kanthal at 26 g 6 wraps just standard micro coils around 3 or 2.5 mm should be around 0.5 ohms should be prefect around 30 watts. Excuse my calculations i did guesstimate instead of using steam-engine

Edit: idk if wrapping around a 3mm rod is considered micro or macro. I see some ppl say 2.5 mm and under is micro . Idk not exactly sure which term wanna use :grin:

1 Like

I have a Kangertech subtank mini, and use the rba when I have had that problem, it was a combo of a wicking issue and temp control setting for the wire I was using, hope this helps

1 Like

What wattage/voltage were you happy with previously with the subtank mini? Once you determine that you need to try to make a coil of similar resistance (going to be more wraps of 24g as opposed to the 26 you were previously using) to get the same vape with similar wattage/voltage on the new RTA’s. I would recommend that you go to http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp when making your coils to have an idea before hand of your target number of wraps. Lastly, I would if I were you just stay out of temp control until you understand the taste differences with the new attys and coils, it is a little easier to get in power mode. Hope this helps!

1 Like

I guessing that is a single coil in the Subtank mini RBA around .65 ohms[quote=“shan, post:1, topic:71034”]
I started using different RDAs (Boreas, Thorem, Billow V3) with 24 gauge kanthal wire. Since building on these new RDAs with 24 gauge 7 wraps
[/quote]

If in these RBA’s you are building duel coils as stated your resistance would be cut in half. You would most likely be around .3 ohms. If your running a duel coil 24ga at 25-30 watts the coils would take a long time to heat up I can see how that would be a cool vape. You might try a few “primer puffs” to get the coils heated up before you take your vape. Hope this helps.

1 Like

I agree with @Duneatick as the coils will take too long to heat up especially at those wattages. I would use 24g and do a 5 wrap at 2.2mm. Also make sure that the wick will slide through the coil fairly easily. You dont want it to be too tight.

1 Like