Im new to D.I.Y E-Juice

I wish i can get my hands on FA… haha

Doing better than me if you’ve got a couple right.

2 Likes

I thought you could import stuff to Malaysia. I guess I learn something new every day.

You could always try ordering direct from flavour art. They send their stuff all over.

1 Like

have you tried ordering from somewhere like @Nicotine_River i wonder if they could help you im sure they could figure a way out its not banned right ??? flavorings that is

1 Like

Lol not me, I just dove right in the deep end. Prior to even getting my things to begin mixing I researched the holy piss out of all the flavors I intended on using and created some 20+ recipes just guessing whatd be yummy together. Based on all my research turns out i wasnt far off on my guesses and after just a small amount of trial and error I managed to create some 5-6+ flavor recipes that imo are absolutely fantastic, and definitely far better than anything I have ever purchased in a shop. I just do things the hard way because I enjoy the challenge, though so dont listen to me hah.

3 Likes

Before I place a DIY flavor order, I order only those flavors I will need to make 3 or more recipes, then I order all the flavors for those recipes. After I receive the flavors I test them as standalone single flavors. These tests are important because they will give a feel (note taking is a must for me) for taste and strength, not necessarily if they taste good, but more on how they might interact in a mix. I find that very few single/standalone flavors can be used by themselves.

2 Likes

You da man!
I researched before I started and still ended up needing to test each flavor by each company first. Don’t know if it helped, but I looked busy. And after the money’s I’d spent that was pretty important for wife’s sake.

3 Likes

I just have faith in the notes and my nose lol and occassionally i might ask for some second opinions on flavor options but i feel like i have a very good grasp of it for such a short time doing it. Didnt begin mixing until april, spent all of march studying my ass off and when my stuff came in i felt very confident and ready to take the plunge. Haven’t made a single flavor mix yet at all. I have a few that i am very pleased with, a few id call good, but I still have a lot of work in progresses of some more complex flavors im shooting for…

2 Likes

Nah it’s not banned… in my state…selling vape gears and nic are banned. Haha

Simple doesn’t make it not good. There are lots of good three flavor recipes, and some single also.
Research is never ending in DIY. Every day I learn something, especially here.

2 Likes

Yup, I am always learning more from here. Some brilliant mixers about.

1 Like

Some of the basic mistakes I’ve done so far which I’ve learned to correct after visiting this forum and the ELR site:

• Not giving the nicotine bottle a shake - resulting in harshness
  • Buying and using cr*p flavours without checking if they contain DAP
  • Buying nic and other stuff from random online vendors through random google search
  • Not fine tuning by adding distilled water, saline, MTS etc.
  • Relying on ‘drops’ to measure - bought a 0.01g digital scale yesterday. Goodbye syringes.
4 Likes

Your going to love mixing by weight. May have been the worst thing I’ve done so far in DIY. Because it so easy and fast I’m making ten time more juice than needed.

You have embarked on a long journey Grasshopper. The road will be filled with potholes and days of glory. Fear not for ye have joined an elite group of mixers who will mentor you through every step… but be warned you will spend a metric crap ton of money before you can call yourself a master.

So saith Maureenie, this year of our Lord, 2016 (ha)

7 Likes

#Truth

NERDS: backslash is escape char for #

1 Like

True that, mixing is so much easier now with the scale. However, the scale I bought isn’t sensitive enough and does not register when I add drops of flavour. It wakes up only when I add the drops a a fast rate. Being in the UK., AWS scales are expensive here or I’m looking in the wrong places. Search for a decent yet affordable scale continues…

1 Like

Got mine on Amazon for less than $30. I’m sure some of the people in your area will jump in and help you with a link.
Search mixing by weight. Tones of links here for cheap scales and every thing else.

https://m.fasttech.com/p/2050005

@ozo told me a trick to use if your scale doesn’t didn’t register a small amount. I do this and it works for me pretty well. If you add a drop and the scale doesn’t change try blowing on it and then let the numbers settle back down. More often than not, this will get the scale to then show that small amount you just added.

4 Likes

lol I tried this already, the scale jumps into action and goes back to zero. After that it becomes insensitive again.
I’ve had some success if I do not press tare upon placing the bottle on the scale and if I go on and quickly add in drops of flavours it works most of the time.
I then tare and add in the bigger quantities such as PG and VG which can be done without being too delicate and the scale works just fine.

Some posted this on another thread.

1 Like