I'm thinking about switching to nic salts

I’ve only used salts since starting to diy. I chose them for lack of th and they are performing beautifully in that respect. Even my testers taste better than the commercial juices I was using; I have never used a commercial salts juice so cannot know if the salts have anything to do with flavor. I can say at 9, 8, 4, or 2.5mg I detect no feeling of salts working quicker for nic fix. I have 100mg salts from LNW and 250mg from NR; I detect no difference in taste but the 250mg smell is an annoyance when mixing. I made my first nic base batch with the 250mg last week and it smells no different now so assuming it was just the strength that caused the off note smell wise. I would recommend both but prefer doing business with LNW so will be using them for salts. This is not to say NR is bad, I have had no problems with any of my orders from them and will continue to use them for flavors BCF doesn’t carry.

5 Likes

LNW ? Who is that Letitia?

1 Like

LNW i believe is Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers

3 Likes

It’s Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers and it was Letitia who turned me on to them. I also have the 100 mg and I like it a lot.

1 Like

Glad they are working for you. Great company, excellent customer service.

1 Like

I don’t know if they still do this but after my 1st order shipped I received a coupon for my next order.

1 Like

I just made my first bottle of nic salt liquid. I normally vape 3mg. Just made a 10mg bottle with Nic River Pur Nic Smooth 100mg Salt.

I cannot taste any nic at all / zero throat hit which is amazing to me because at 4mg of regular nic (also purchased from Nic River) I can taste it and it’s way too harsh / affects the flavor. But holy hell, I can sure feel it after a few puffs lol.

So I would recommend it if you wanna try something new and enjoy a good nic buzz now and then. Just be careful if you are gonna ramp up the nic content.

Vaping 50w @ 0.2 ohms on a single Nichrome Clapton.

4 Likes

I had that same concern but I found that turning the normal level of used nicotine of freebase to half using nic salts left me about the same as if I used full strength (of what I normally used) with the regular free base. So for me I used 3mg to 4mg of freebase nic but with salts I used 1mg to 2mg with no problems vaping a lot of solid vape sessions. I don’t like it at all to get nic sick. So to give you my experience 5mg to 6mg of nic salts will make me dizzy and flush if I am chain vaping.

4 Likes

im not sure bc i havent tried Nic salts i am happy with what ive used and see no reason to switch … here is an interesting opinion from @DIYorDIE

https://youtu.be/QiPV_MEKdeQ

2 Likes

I have done the same and have not touched the freebase since.

3 Likes

Me either, probably never will.

3 Likes

There are a few recipes where a drop of the pepperiness would be nice actually. My problem is that it changes too much with oxidation. It looks like actual pepper flavour or DNB brings the right kind of stuff to the mix. Nicotine felt more natural.

Talking of which. some of my own tobacco flavours are coming out of steep zone in the next couple weeks, looking forward to testing them.

2 Likes

Well, I pulled the trigger and plan to transition to salts. First test will be the 3mg level I do for freebase. If that has undesired effects I will drop to 2. It’s actually cheaper than their Ultra Premium freebase version I’ve used for the last few years. And salts are 15% off this week there, too. (Heartlandvapes)

2 Likes

Let me know how that goes for you. I am interested in feedback about other peoples experience with the salts. So far,I have heard mostly good things from others.

3 Likes

Some gourmet vanilla ice creams have pepper added to them as I understand. I have some Black Pepper concentrate but have not tried it with any vanilla creams. Maybe I should go ahead and try it out.

1 Like

I’ll do that. I’d never considered them because of course, most of what you hear about salts is pods and low wattage situations where you can crank up the nic without the throat agony. I’m not a big fan of the harshness so I’m hopeful this works out for me.

2 Likes

I use quite a bit of black pepper. It is good with fruits, and with creams but creams are less my thing.

HIC has a pepper ice cream which is not bad at all.

2 Likes

i just got my first batch of salts…
not eating anyone’s faces off… (bad bath salts joke)
just know that you can order a hard hitting salt or a smooth.
i was looking at the same thing as you maybe.
i wanted a smooth as i dont care for that “thump” in the throat.
i find that they do offer less of a “throat hit” and that was what i wanted.
no flavor change. mix as normal.
ELR doesn’t have that option yet for mixing but not sure if its needed.

also… did this at super sub dripped… at 3%…tasted no craziness. just what the juice gave.
hope this helped @Steve-o_54

bubs

3 Likes

I got the salts today. Made up a quick faithful S&V, same everything including the same 70 / 30 VG / PG ratio. 3mg salts. It went from annoyingly harsh to smooth as butter. I’m about an hour into it, vaping as usual, maybe a little more aggressively (been through about 5ml), and so far no adverse effects vs. FB at all. The exhale is so smooth and easy and I love it. Zero harshness.

I should add that I used 3mg freebase prior to trying 3mg salt, so strength is unchanged.

I read also that some people have reported an unpleasant odor from the salts. Mine is 100mg diluted in PG, and there is no smell at all. Maybe it’s a brand thing.

The “first hour” impression is that for me, this is a huge win.

8 Likes

I sure am glad that you got the good end of the nic salts. It’s gonna be hard to go back to the old stuff.

3 Likes