INAWERA is pronounced INAVERA

I watch mixing videos, listen to some podcasts (shout out to Wayne and his co-hosts form DIY or DIE).
So… I’m Polish, the company is Polish and I hear everyone pronouncing INAWERA incorrectly. They flavourings are popular enough to grant them that level of respect, I guess…
Might seem like a rant but it’s not. Really…

1 Like

No one can pronounce anything - A regular example: People read “Volkswagen”, they say “Volksvagen” but it’s pronounced “Folks vagen” :slightly_smiling: I get your frustration though, I do :smiley:

3 Likes

In the UK they say V-W. lazy…

2 Likes

Ibiza!!

That’s the one that gets me here in the states!! Maybe it’s because I was a DJ and my family is from the UK but I have yet to hear ANYONE here pronounce this correctly!!

EE-VEE-SA (Eivissa)

Not EE-BEE-THA or EYE-BEE-ZA grrr

There’s my 2 cents :wink:

1 Like

Hehhe yeah, in Spanish it’s EBETHAA, but in Catalan it’s EIVEESE :smiley:

EDIT!

1 Like

I so didn’t have any idea how to say it thank you for your clarification.

1 Like

Don’t get me started on al-loo-MIN-ee-um.

hahah yes! Aluminium and nuclear :wink:

1 Like

@DarthVapor In London it’s AY-BEE-FA, innit?

2 Likes

@dreamersword No worries. It just made me cringe every time I heard it.

@daath what about ROUTER?

1 Like

Oh yes. Espresso is another favorite. And then there are people who say “aks” instead of “ask” :smiley:

4 Likes

Very high on my “guess what really irritates me” list.

2 Likes

aks… ugh.

there is a pretty acclaimed mixer/redditor/youtuber/podcaster that keeps saying ekspecaily, I cringe every time. don’t get me wrong, I am Polish so english is not my first language but people that speak it natively make the least effort for some reason.

1 Like

Grinds my gears as well. Oh, and it’s “etc”, not “ect” - “et cetera” (or even “etcetera”) not “ecsetera” - English isn’t my native language either :smiley:

2 Likes

I always called them V-Dub :wink:

Many people I know also seem to confuse the words ideal and idea. Being in the southern states, you also hear it pronounced “idear”. I just go on about my business.
I always wondered about the proper pronunciation of Inawera. Thanks for sharing. :smiley:

Yes! Well at least this is how my sisters say it and they always LOVE to correct me on it. I was guilty of using the Spanish pronunciation of it years and years ago.
Mainly it’s the little kids here that want to sound cool and say they see themselves partying in eye-bee-za that just erks me! Want to sound “cool” but yet couldn’t find Ibiza if you handed them a map lol

Since we are on a pet peeve type of thread, another is people who misuse/swap “ironically” and “coincidentally”"
Like, “Oh how ironic, you’re wearing a red shirt too”

NOOOOO!! lol

2 Likes

What about people using “literally” when they literally don’t mean “literally”?

4 Likes