Increasing flavors by 1% for nic 12 mg and higher?

I was watching a vid on you tube on mixing at New Amsterdam Vapes he was saying when mixing with 12 mg or higher of nic to increase all flavor % by 1% to prevent the nic from over powering the flavors of the juice I think it makes sense but curious what other mixers think about this I mix with 12 mg nic am thinking of trying it but what I don’t know is how do you raise the flavor % when not mixing less then 1% (i.e. 0.25 / 0.68 etc)?
Any thoughts on this out there?

1 Like

Why did u want to do this? If the nic is becoming too harsh then its time to lower it which is a good thing. I believe what they meant to say is adding 1% of the total flavor so u would have to re-ratio each single flavor for the increase of 1% in total flavor %,uggh, follow me?

The way that I have done this is by making a one shot out of the flavorings only and then using that at 1% more or however much more you want then it is supposed to be used to make the original.

Go to the recipe page for the mix you want to increase and use the option under the blue wrench that is circled in green in the image below to get the formula for making the one shot. After you make it if the original calls for it to be mixed at 20% just mix it at 21% super easy.

3 Likes

gotcha the total % makes sense being a 40+ year smoker I am not ready to lower my mg just yet but I do plan to
Thanks Worm!

2 Likes

Excellent idea thanks!

2 Likes

Just put ONE DROP more of each…and don’t worry about it.

4 Likes

Thanks Ozo

2 Likes

1 Like

If you look 3 lines below that there is a line that says Adjust total Flavor %. If you click that it comes up with the current %. All you have to do is increas it by whatever you want and it does all the work for you.

3 Likes

Sry 'Dude", i forgot about that feature the ELR calc has since i never had the need to use it, no need to get the Big Lebowski involved.

3 Likes

Hey Louie
It doesn’t have that any more now says: “make one-shot/concentrate”

1 Like

I figured it out! thanks everybody!

1 Like

A one shot is just all the flavouring so if you want to make a one shot for 30 ml and the flav total is say 11% you would set your one shot to 3.3ml. I dont know why you are doing it that way it is not necessary.

Adapt the recipe so it is saved under you name then adjust total flavor as @louiesquared suggested

EDIT ah not required anymore but i will leave it here for future people.

2 Likes

Thanks Wof I just figured that out after I adapted the recipe it allowed me to change the % sweet! thanks appreciate the help!!

3 Likes