[INFORMAL POLL] When I mix, I use:

• Premixed base with or without nicotine.
  • Individual components (i.e. separate PG, VG and/or nicotine).

0 voters

6 Likes

I can’t vote … I use both but I don’t know if it counts that I make my own premixed base :thinking:

I do think @daath should keep an eye on the poll to see if it’s worth fixing the bug in the calculator :wink:

4 Likes

Oh it’s worth fixing - I just have to pull myself together :stuck_out_tongue: I assume you mean saving recipes with premixed bases? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Yep, that old bug :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I use both too but voted for individual components because that’s what I use most. Wonder why the curiosity factor?

4 Likes

This question came up in another forum I’m on, and some people were quite rude to people who mix with pre-mixed base (as if there is some kind of rule here). I get it that some people may only have access to pre-mixed, or some people prefer it for the convenience. I use individual ingredients simply because that’s how I learned. I don’t think either is right or wrong, and I was just curious how many people mix with pre-mixed base.

4 Likes

I used to mix with 80/20 premix base. Now with individual components, because I like to mix up the base. Ie, thinner ( more pg) for tobacco recipes.

2 Likes

GREAT follow up @anon28032772, and @daath.

3 Likes

You’re absolutely right about that. DIY is about making your own choices and using separate ingredients or premix is just another choice you make. People who argue about that are probably people who will argue for the sake of it.

9 Likes

No they aren’t

:rofl: :crazy_face: :rofl:

5 Likes

Yes they are :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Reminds me of monty python

7 Likes

I’ll argue that point @anon28032772.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

OUTSTANDING @woftam. I’m an long time Monty Python fan, even to include “Every Sperm is Sacred”, and the “Knights who say Neee”, and of course, “I couldn’t eat another bite”. I had NEVER seen the “Argument”.

I can’t NOT put this up, because which witch is the real witch ?

4 Likes

I premix my own base first then use that to mix with - I don’t like fiddling around with the Nic out. I’m likely to spill it or knock it over.
Then I can concentrate on my concentrates :laughing:

I voted pre-mix :grin:

5 Likes

Stop that, or… you know… I shall taunt you toooo Death… you sllly inglish kinnighits…

You already know I’m the other long time MP fan, but there are quite a few around here, hiding in … Shrubberies… (2 levels with a path in the middle)

Oh yes they are…

Old argument about the PG % in the overall mix, it happens all over the world really…
Here, we all know that there is not such a thing as “I HOLD THE TRUTH” in mixing, being rude to people for a PG % it just shows their stupidity.
Probably in your poll you’ll see that 90% of the people here use separate VG/PG, but that happens just because most people here experiment with new mixes and flavours, or, like you, just learnt that way, but it doesn’t mean one way or the other it’s an absolute truth… Silly persons… :rofl:

5 Likes

Both, using premixed Chemnovatic nicotine base mostly for one-shots or stones and individual components when I mix for a new recipe or flavour testing.

3 Likes

i use both

Screenshot from 2020-11-12 13-41-46

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUmUr3icvtE

3 Likes