Information on tank cracker flavorings

I know elr has a warning flavor list, for diketones, acetoin, and tank crackers, I knew this pulse aio was pc and was seriously berated not to buy these, but they were so cheap… So I was careful to check what I was mixing and using in it, my flavors were not on the lists, but they’re newer flavors anyhow, SSA stuff, some WF stuff, natural lemon, sour Gummy candy and pixie stick candy, it wasn’t even a good mix…

So I’m wondering if anyone knows more general guidelines for what cracks these types of plastics, do we know, say, lemons are probable crackers, or sours, or citrus? Is it an alcohol thing? Do we have any general guidelines for flavor types? I’ve been on a real new flavors kick, I had just found SSA…

A plastic Boro is insane, as I was told… Repeatedly, But dang man, I love vandy for cheap stuff, and a 21700… I’ve got several pulse squonker, berserker was decent, the dual 21700 gaur is a beast, I specifically love the light plastic mods for out and bout, they’ve all taken leaks but this is odd, one tank dump… they did send out new gasket for the vessel, they didn’t help, and I rebuild this thing daily for 3 weeks trying, I thought I had it and went out today and suddenly someone smells lemons, it really was entirely my fault. I should’ve been much more careful and I remember maraschino cherry, I should’ve known better

6 Likes

Certain flavours such as banana, liquorice, cinnamon, clove, or citrus have been notoriously known to crack plastic tanks.
The cracks in the tank have been traced to the citric acid found in these flavours, which bind with the polycarbonate, weakening the plastic’s structural integrity. These, in turn, leads to cracking or fogging.
I haven’t had any problems with the Voltrove vessel which is made of PCTG (whatever that is) but think I’ll probably stay away from any citric acid flavors until I hear more…

6 Likes

Thanks, that’s getting some knowledge I should’ve had working! Wish I had a full picture of how I’d know for sure what was safe, or what wasnt, for new flavors I guess I need some trash acrylic I can test on, luckily I just got some today!

The pctg is supposed to be impervious, that’s why it’s in rad bridge like that, I remember peek>pctg>pei maybe, but acrylic is trash. The pulse vessel is pctg too, the tank section, no hazing or any problems there, and this had to be some kind of horrible mix or something so least I can say the vessel hung in fine

But it’s all over the aio, immediately as I wiped it off I saw all 4 magnets have cracks around them, the positive plate all around the pin, the airflow has cracks through all holes, I’m pretty sure it was about 1 hour and 4ml and that’s it, I’ve been cleaning and fighting it daily for awhile, not a haze or crack at all until today, pretty wild really, it didn’t sit for days, it was one hour and the stressed or stretched parts just folded, the juice sat under the plates all day until I got home and took it apart to wipe up, no hazing or cracking there, it’s the parts with tension or stretching, all of them on tank side. All my fault, I knew, I’ve seen posts, thought I was careful enough

4 Likes

Oh that’s good to know, I haven’t even used the included vessels just thru the Voltrove in it which some ppl have had leaking issues but not me…

Makes me wonder if they cheaped out on the material for the mod and any leaks will destroy it :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

The Pulse AIO is a decently made boro mod for being mass produced. Buy another boro and bridge and you’ll be good to go. I love mine. The rba vessel is great on flavor. If you like mesh, I may have heard about a new boro in the works by Joel Robinson.

4 Likes

@Ericsgreen I’ve used some of the above flavors in the old clearomizers with no issue but they were lightly flavored. I probably wouldn’t have used Rich Cinnamon for instance.

1 Like

That’s a lot of Boros… Are you a bull fighter?

1 Like

Fwiw vandy said they’d send new panels and a frame I can transplant the chip into, they also sending new vessel, and sent few replacement gaskets awhile back, so they’ve been solid to me

Yeah that’s what’s so funny, Ive got plenty of bridges and boros, just can’t give up on the pulse vessel, it’s so beefy but yeah I’m near done with it, near…

I would like a mesh bridge, I use the smrt rebuildable mesh with nord or pnp bridges, I’m wondering why theyre not more popular with the billet crowd, especially single 18650 dl people

5 Likes

How did you contact vandy customer service? By email? I emailed them this morning about my defective pulse aio kit. Waiting for a response. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Because people that own Authentic Billet Boxes consider themselves better than people rocking chinese made stuff, despite the fact that most of their 200 dollar RBAs that are coming out lately are all manufactured there.

I’m a Hellfire guy, also had an Heir but had to sell that and I regret it, but they were made by the very hands that designed it, which I like. More expensive than your newer ones though, but maybe that’s a good thing.

1 Like

Yes email, they’ve got a US shop that sent out the gaskets, always the hoops, pics of lot number, verification codes, pics and videos of the issues and hope it didn’t come from fast tech, I have to go to fast tech if so

3 Likes

Thanks. They replied asking for a video showing the issues. Going to send them a video even though unfortunately I did get it from fasttech.

2 Likes

Maybe you’ll get lucky and they won’t ask for receipt, if they deny you, then go to fasttech and tell them, they know, they’ll resolve it

3 Likes

Thanks. I appreciate your time and info.

2 Likes