Ingredient Profiles of "Tobacco" Flavorings

Thanks !

"Odor Type: popcorn.

Odor Strength: very high, recommend smelling in a 0.10 % solution or less.

Odor Description:at 0.10 % in PG: popcorn; nutty; corn chip ;bread crust; chocolate; hazelnut; coffee.

If inhaled: Remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing." … :thinking:

From: http://www.thegoodscentscompany.com/data/rw1012201.html

1 Like

Tobacco and the diabolical history of Pyrazine moieties having various functional atomic groups:

https://tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/content/tobaccocontrol/25/4/444.full.pdf

Acetyl Propionyl
Odor Type: buttery
Odor Strength: high, recommend smelling in a 1.00 % solution or less.
Odor Description: at 1.00 % in dipropylene glycol: pungent; sweet; butter; creamy; caramel; nutty cheese.

From: http://www.thegoodscentscompany.com/data/rw1003991.html

Hmmm. At times perhaps a bit of a sense of “peppery” (kind of a low-level mucous-membrane “burn”).

It looks like while Acetyl Propionyl became a “rush to” substitute for Diacetyl, it is itself not a safe ingredient:

The alpha-diketone, 2,3-pentanedione, has received attention as a flavoring substitute for diacetyl. It is also known as acetyl propionyl or by CAS number 600-14-6. It is structurally very similar to diacetyl since 2,3-pentanedione is a 5-carbon alpha-diketone and diacetyl is a 4-carbon alpha-diketone. Recent mechanistic studies implicate the alpha-diketone functional group in the airway toxicity of diacetyl … acute inhalation exposures to 2,3-pentanedione cause airway epithelial damage that is similar to diacetyl in laboratory studies … repeated exposures to either 2,3-pentanedione or diacetyl can cause airway fibrosis, including obliterative bronchiolitis-like changes, in rats … changes in gene expression were noted in the brain … can cause changes in gene expression and other markers of damage in the olfactory bulb of the mouse brain.

OMG. Could exposure to this here molecule lead to diminished quality of life, due to “cheesy nuts” ?!? … :cold_sweat:

Better not tell our friend “Vanilla Mice” about this - as I fear that in his case the damage was long ago done.

2 Likes

AP is typically used at a very low percentage in a recipe… low levels produce more of a nutty flavor.

1 Like

pyre (n.)

1650s, from Latin pyra and directly from Greek pyra “funeral pyre; altar for sacrifice; any place where fire is kindled,” from pyr “fire,” from PIE root *paewr- “fire,” source also of fire.

"Testing on ECIG commercial liquids revealed a heterogeneous distribution in the levels and types of pyrazines, with acetyl and alkyl pyrazines present in more than 70% of the samples. "

From: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6141037/pdf/nihms-987256.pdf

2 Likes

Yeppers, I just single flavor tested this last night @ 1% of their 5% solution is just nutty aroma. Probably used higher you get the popcorn and chips effect. So I would use this lower than 1%

1 Like

What the hey do they mean by, “marshmallow and molasses nuances”. Sounds rather “bourgeois” to me.

OMG. Could exposure to this here molecule lead to diminished quality of life, due to “cheesy nuts” ?!? … :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

Hey now, I like cheesy nuts… and toffee nuts and… js :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So, “Cheesy Nuts” may take some getting used to, but the ephemeral pleasures are worth the curdling ?

Might be able to go for “Goat Cheese”. Better yet, how about, “Steaming Hot Buttered Groat Clusters” ? :star_struck:

2 Likes

Pour some honey on that and you have it made :wink:

1 Like

CAS# Top Secret

I have my eyes on this one, if I can just get “that scent” ya know when the lights out in the bed room. I’ll make millions. :partying_face:

Multi purpose also.
1% Honey fruity
10% Keeps the raccoons away from trashing my garbage bins :blush:

Odor Strength:medium
animal urine honey fecal balsamic powdery fatty fruity
Odor Description:at 100.00 %. animal urine honey fecal balsamic powdery fatty fruity
Luebke, William tgsc, (1989)
Odor sample from: Charabot & Co., Inc.

1 Like

Hey now… I prefer to feed mine!

48356347_10155867661042374_3751312208278061056_n

5 of them here in the last one… but you can’t really tell! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does that approach also work where it comes to “Free Range Non-GMO Corned Beef Shanks” nuances ?

2 Likes

Well, my raccoons… don’t have facebook accounts like your’s. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s one “lick me on Fakebook” offer that I would pass on. Probably would also turn off all “Nutifications”.

2 Likes

only with some apple pie moon shine :wink:

2 Likes

In my time reading about neuro-psycho-pharmacology, I came across several names of various things that I always thought would have made great names for punk-rock bands. But it was not be, so perhaps they might find a home amidst the miasma of cute, and sometimes plain goofy, cannabis strain and vape-juice names:

“Hedonic Set Point”

“Conditioned Place Preference”

“Chronic Spinal Dog”

“Hotplate Tail Flick Test”

“Rat Brain Homogenate”

Or, as all combined together into one (rather erudite sounding) academic research report document title:

“Hedonic Set Point by Conditioned Place Preference Analysis in Chronic Spinal Dog superior to Hotplate Tail Flick Test Analysis followed by in vitro Rat Brain Homogenate Assay”, Ministry of Behavioral Control.

Environments are not just containers, but are processes that change the content totally.
-Marshall McLuhan

1 Like

A bit shy about my creations, but I had half a mind to roll-out my proprietary “Ectoplasmic Gristle” flavoring in your recent raffle, made only with the very highest quality hand-selected Free Range Non-GMO Corned Beef Shanks bathed in sumptuous Balsamic Gycerol in an industrial-grade pressure-cooker for 3 days, then gloriously brased in a spectacular funeral pyre ritual and lightly sprinkled with Steaming Hot Buttered Groat Clusters - for delicate and subtle, but nevertheless unforgettable, aromas of a wide-spectrum of long-chain hydrocarbons. Subtle hints of Butyric heaven punctuated with passing notes of Putrescine and Cadaverine.

“Apple pie moon shine” sounds like the perfect compliment to this delicate matrix of sumptuous decadence.

:nerd_face:

2 Likes

@Raven-Knightly… lol… word of advise tho…
If it is a recipe you care about, keep it off line. Never know, vultures sharks and monkeys may escape with it and next thing you know, everyone be making those money moves! :blush:

1 Like

3_monkeys-see-hear-speak-no-evil
Plausible Deniability in Court

Those super-avaricious sardonic “suits” at “Ginormous Tobacco, Ltd.” have already managed to reverse-engineer my production processes using microwave probes from stealth helicopters above, and are soon planning to roll-out what (was) my life’s artistic labor of love as (get this), “Frilly Dancing Elfin Gumdrops Magnum Enchantment Juice”. Am as a result hereby gifting the sum of my esoteric flavoring knowledge to the righteous peoples of the world ! No longer will the lumpen proletariat be compelled to dependence upon the Flouridated Bacon Fat of the rulers ! We shall instead proudly hunt, slaughter, and cook our carcasses !

3d_cow
Hands off my shanks, Brotha !

2 Likes

I don’t worry much about it. It’s way to subjective. Some people who have lost their sense of smell can imagine smells. Just like some people who lost an arm sometimes may feel it. Smell seems to be more tied to memory, if you had a fond memory those smells would trigger those memories that’s why you would like it, and others may be on the fence over it.

Subconsciously you may love the Rose flavor, because it reminds you of past loves. Others maybe put off because it triggers subconscious memories of a funeral and loss.

Big corps probably use Molecular modelling software to make their tobacco e-juice. That’s why they all taste horrible. .NETS would cost to much use. And you know the most popular PODs use like 1 flavor you can’t even taste and that didn’t stop them from taking the lions share of the market.

Here’s an awesome paper.

The specific characteristics of the sense of smell

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/249009641_The_specific_characteristics_of_the_sense_of_smell

2 Likes