Initial fallout of Utah online sales ban. šŸ˜£

Just barely over two weeks have passed since the Utah state Gov. Passed the online sales ban. It kills me to see, already at least 10 shops have permanantly closed their doors. From the looks of it, many many more to comeā€¦

4 Likes

PA just hit with a 40% tax and already several shops have announced closing. So sad to see the job losses.

8 Likes

I am in a facebook group for vaping buy sell trade locally for here in utah, over 30,000 members in this closed groupā€¦ I plan to communicate with the admins there and plan some kind of petition and/or protest on a large scale to at least make an attempt at forcing a second look at the law and restriction regulations to show by doing this they are screwing over 100ā€™s or more likely 1000ā€™s of utahns and destroying the lives of so many others who are just looking for a less health hazardous alternativeā€¦ Or like myself even a hobby on top of itā€¦

9 Likes

It will be a slow and daunting task to research many statistic, number of shops, numbers effected by these laws, etcā€¦ Along with the health related statisticsā€¦ I want to have the information available and easy to see black to white what it is doing to ā€˜usā€™ having the ban and regulations in place. The state will be hard pressed to ignore 10000 people on their doorstep of the state capital with petition in hand of many moreā€¦ At least that is my dream for this. I want to make a difference here, and with that, maybe more will follow suit elsewhere

7 Likes

anyone need help getting anything message me ill do what i can to help keep you supplied this is horrible it is down right unamerican , this is what big tobacco wants is for those vaping to have to go back to ciggs ive hekped multiple people quit smoking with the aide of vaping this is getting ugly im sorry that this is happening

4 Likes

Already got denied even ordering wire for my coils from lightning vapes, order was cancelled with a following letter of apology via email. Just found this also-

Looks like i am going to be limited to out of country ordering for hardware, and also limited to only a select few flavor vendors that do not specifically mention vape on their pages anywhere. Luckily Nicotine River had replied to my question in email with good news, they will continue to ship to utah regardless, even made sure to add a :wink: in their reply lol. I havent tried yet but i have to assume bullcityvapor is no longer an option for me as vapor in the nameā€¦ Soon with a bit more trial and error i will compile a list of Utah vape friendly suppliers incase anyone else here needs help knowing where is left to order from. Fasttech is a god-send so far even sent me my Aromamizer Supreme and should have 9 rolls of wire various gauges coming next week and also a drip tip.

4 Likes

If you want to help me, i could use some signatures on here to get me started, maybe even some shares across other social media platforms even would be very helpful and appreciated.

8 Likes

Some of the states are beating the FDA to the punch. They want to recover their lost tax revenue any way they can, while they still can.

I keep hearing ā€˜We have 2 yearsā€™. The way the states are getting in on this revenue feeding frenzy, this isnā€™t going to last 2 years.

The states paid attention to the ā€˜2 yearsā€™ ā€¦ 'We have 2 years to hold vapers up by the ankles, and shake ā€˜em till their pockets are empty, before the Feds come in and clean up the leftoversā€™

8 Likes

They are all POS
That is freedom
We used to be free any body that tries to get ahead build a business stamp it out

2 Likes

Lets see if these are bannedā€¦

4 Likes

Why donā€™t the people play it smart:

Rename all mods to "portable smoke machine"
Rename all tanks to "portable smoke machine tank"
Rename eliquid to ā€œscented smoke machine liquidā€

I dont see any bans on smoke machinesā€¦ :wink:

6 Likes

Do a callout for all vapeshops on every form of social media to get as many involved as possible, you can probably get a lot of shops outside the state involved due to lost sales from within the state. I know they arenā€™t Utah Voters but a petition from them canā€™t hurt the cause. Just thinkin.

2 Likes

Health related misting machine would be another idea, they are health related as they keep us from smoking

I find it so ironic that our government forces the tobacco companies to put a warning about the use of cigarettes right on the package and then spends billions in propaganda to tell us how bad they are. So some inventive people find a way to get away from them and a much healthier way to boot. Now they want to stop that before it really even gets started. Our government by the people and for the people clearly is not at all. It is a government by the big companies for the big companies and piss on everybody else.

6 Likes

Welcome to the ā€œCorporate Worldā€

Iā€™ve been watching this for the last 16 years, here in the UK our schools / hospitals are now businesses, everything will end up privatised and owned by ONE entity (Illuminati anyone? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ).

We as a people cannot move against something growing this fast, by the time we get our shit together to revolt, the threat is already implemented / secured.

Its pathetic and wrong but thats BIG business i guessā€¦

1 Like

http://utsmokefree.org/2016/06/online-prohibition/

I thought initially that this might be another state money grab, making it easier for the state to extract itā€™s tax, when all the transactions are done face to face, within the stateā€™s boundaries. Driving shops out of business seems counterproductive to the money grabbing angle.

The more I read, it seems like it is actually a misguided ā€˜save the childrenā€™ response. No religious slams intended, but is it a Mormon influenced ban?

Maybe Mike can shed some light.

2 Likes

Well after a quick google search, I found the two sponsors for the bill were Rep. Paul Ray, and Senator Curtis S. Bramble. They are both LDS. So chances are, it was a religious ignorance play.
Also for those who would like to read about HB 0415 in more detail there is this link-
http://le.utah.gov/~2015/bills/static/HB0415.html

Basically the bill places Ecig and all accomanying accessories and hardware into the Tobacco product category, so in line with code 26-42-102 essentially bans them from online sales. They were sneaky with this one and nobody caught it until it had already been signed. Using a slyly worded bill to bolster previous codes and ammendments of other bills that had been passed clear back in 1998-2001 to make this happenā€¦

4 Likes

Yep. I read the articles about it in the local paper. Their reasoning was: ā€œGotta save the children-- if we donā€™t crack down on ecigs, next thing you know theyā€™ll be smoking cigarettes!ā€

They actually talked about vaping as a gateway to smoking tobaccoā€¦

3 Likes

I donā€™t know how much it will help but I did sign and share.Very simple and done in less than a minute.[quote=ā€œMaxUT, post:18, topic:75392ā€]
Their reasoning was: ā€œGotta save the children-- if we donā€™t crack down on ecigs, next thing you know theyā€™ll be smoking cigarettes!ā€
[/quote]

Same old BS just like the rationale behind only kids like cereal and candy flavors! I donā€™t understand how we continue to use the phrase common sense , it sure as hell doesnā€™t seem to be very common when dealing with the I.Q. of our elected officials!

3 Likes

I feel because this bill effects everyone worldwide really it doesnt matter locale because the online shops are no more here so nobody here nor out of state can order anything from utah nowā€¦ The more signs the better. Thanks for helping!

3 Likes