Innokin EZ-TC, below the usual standard

What’s up vapers!
SirRisc here with another gear review!

The EZ-TC was sourced from Innokin!

Premise.

Innokin usually has my allegiance when it comes to starterkits, mostly because I effectively quit smoking with an Innokin product (MVP2.0).
With the Endura T18 and T22 they had another big score in my book because those kits were in essence what Ego kits should have been.
Recently they released the EZ-TC, a mod and tank combo that is almost fully automated and delivers a temperature controlled vape.

But does it live up to the Endura series?

Innokin iTaste EZ-TC

Specifications.

• 1500mAh battery built in
  • 22mm diameter
  • Automated temperature control with 4 settings
  • Can only use SS316L coilheads
  • Comes with an iClear 20D tank

Packaging.

Performance.

It was a long time coming, but I have to admit this might be the first Innokin mod I find utterly dissapointing.
The concept is to take away the control from the user eliminating confusion about settings and such, without having to take away functionality.
And quite frankly they’ve succeeded in that aspect, but the fit and finish of the mod is below the Innokin standard in my opinion.

The mod has a single button on the body, which serves as the firebutton in a typical manner.
It also has the typical green/orange/red LED underneath the button to indicate the charge in the battery.

There’s another button, or wheel rather, on the bottom that serves as the settings for this mod.
It has 4 settings which all have their own temperature set to them.
Setting 1 will give you 190°C or 375°F, setting 2 will give 210°C or 410°F, setting 3 will give 225°C or 435°F, setting 4 240°C or 465°F.
The difference in temperatures is quite clear and the functionality does work as intended, the problem is that the wheel is rather loose and there’s no way to lock it.
So if you put the mod in your pocket, the wheel might actually turn on its own and change the setting, which is less than ideal.

The biggest issue I have with this kit isn’t the mod though, it’s the tank.
The iClear 20D is a tank I simply can’t appreciate because it just doesn’t give me the satisfaction I expect from it.
In that regard I’d have liked it better if Innokin included one of the iSub tanks in this kit.
The iClear has quite a few issues in my opinion, the biggest one being flavor, it has almost none.
No matter how potent the liquid I put into the tank, the flavor was muted and bland at best.
Another issue are the extremely small juiceholes in the coilheads, that appear to take nothing above 50VG without dryhitting.

Honestly, the EZ-TC is below the usual Innokin standard. I would rather have people start vaping with the Endura series than this kit.

Aesthetics.

Pros and Cons.

Pro.

• Great concept
  • Automatic settings, optimized for SS316L
  • Small mod, easy to pocket

Con.

• Settings wheel is too loose
  • iClear 20D lacks flavor
  • Coilheads dryhit when using liquids above 50VG
  • Great concept, execution feels rushed

In conclusion.

It pains me to say, but the EZ-TC just isn’t that great. I feel as if this could’ve been produced a lot better, especially from Innokin.
With kits like the Endura series or mods like the Coolfire series, they’ve set a certain standard for their gear and this just doesn’t cut it.
The iClear tank series is one that goes back a very long time, but I think it’s time to let it fade out in favor of the iSub series or even the Axiom series.
The iClear lacks flavor, it dryhits even with temperature control and the filling is clunky.
If you’re looking for a starterkit and you want something decent, go with the Endura series over this one. It’ll serve you longer and better.

In closing I would like to thank Innokin for sending out the EZ-TC!
Thanks for reading, join me next time as I take a look at Innokin Smartbox! (Hint: it’s better than this one!)

Need to reach me? Head over to my website.
Interested in what I vape daily? Check out my Instagram.
Want to know more about DIY? Head over to ELR.

#staycloudy !

SirRisc disappears in a cloud of grape scented vapor

DISCLAIMER: This review is based on personal opinions and is not intended as a promotion, endorsement or advertisement.
The publisher is not sponsored, affiliated or compensated in any way.

3 Likes