Intensifying sweetness

Hi guys.
recently I’ve noticed some kind of sweetness buildup? I mean juice is great, but after few days gets unbearably sweet. Changing wicks helps, but on stock coils it kinda sucks. I’m using about 1-1.5% of 10% stevia solution. Was wondering if there is a chance to prevent the buildup, as my percentages are spot on for me. Just not after few days.

1 Like

On my opinion your percentages are a bit high… I don’t think the build up needs to be stopped I would suggest that you cut your percentage in half then let it steep so the build up will equal you perfect amount of sweetness… If you are shake and vaping your recipes then you should expect a change over a few days up to a few weeks depending on how much at a time you make… I am unsure of anything that will stop the build up you describe… Maybe taking out what you plan to use for the day then freezing the rest? That is known to slowdown or stop ageing of liquids all together… Just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I agree with Jayrell. For myself, I use 1 drop per 10ml, or 3 drops per 30 max of Stevia, no more. And I do like Stevia, gives a nice sweetness and I don’t really notice any acute gunkiness of coil. Other times I will use per 30ml a combo of 0.5ml EM or Cotton Candy, plus 1 drop of Stevia, which also gives me a nice, well rounded sweetness.

2 Likes

Have to agree with the other comments above.
It sounds like you are mixing for a shake and vape, and are happy with the immediate results. Only 2-3 days later, that flavor begins to morph.

That’s a classic indication (or description rather) of the steeping process. This is expected by those who steep. If all you’ve done so far is SnV, I can understand why you’d have questions. :slight_smile:

As time goes on, the flavors (and additives, such as Stevia, Acetyl Pyrazine, Ethyl Maltol, etc) will continue to permeate the base mix (pg/vg/nic).

I’d say if you’re using a 10% Stevia, then no more than 1 or 2 drops per 30ml, and you should be happy with the results after 2-3 days. Not much to sacrifice from your current same day results (compared to a full 30 day steep). Basically, 1-1.5% is going to be Very sweet once it steeps.

You might also consider using the search function here (top right) and looking up a few things. Steeping, speed steeping, ultrasonic, for starters.

Let us know how it goes!

3 Likes

Has anyone used this Stevia? and know much about its concentration and correct usage amounts as to substitute for others?

1 Like

Dang. I do snv. And if not, I make bulk without sweetener, and add it when filling my unicorn. Thanks guys.

1 Like

I have not used it, but I’d not recommend it either. For one simple reason. The water aspect.

Deionized /= distilled (for starters), and second (and possibly more importantly) even if it was distilled water, the typical max usage I see recommended is 2% (or you start to get spitting/etc). Given there’s no way to know exactly how much water is in their mix… I’d pass.

Personally, the best recommendation I would have is to buy some pure Stevia Leaf extract (powder form, not premixed retail packets) and mix that into straight PG. Now, granted, that stuff isn’t exactly easy to find (I’ve only seen it in a specialty store: think whole/organic types) but if you’re serious about wanting to know/limit exactly what’s in your liquid, and to what degree/ratio…then the only way to do that is DIY. :wink:

Of course, some are more interested in convenience/availability… And that’s fine too.
In which case there’s already a concensus (more or less) about the best pre-made to use. (Not trying to be snarky here, as I know you’re asking about this certain one, but I’m pretty sure that the other doesn’t have the water issue…I could be wrong though.)

Unfortunately my memory fails me at the moment on the particular name of that one. I do know that alot of folks get it from Amazon though.

PS: I’m going to search my phone pics and try and find the powder in talking about. I snapped a shot while I was looking at it, but couldn’t bring myself to plop down the $12 for the little dinky bottle (I think it was roughly 1/4oz?)…primarily because I have virtually no need for sweeteners anymore. Even at that price, it’s a deal for someone who really wants/needs it…as that tiny bit should last a long damn time (it’s so potent)!

EDIT: found the pics.
This was only $8.50, it was the liquid that was $12.
Even still. The powder would be my preferred recommendation, simply because you could have greater control over the ratio!

4 Likes

Also… Two things.

Just try to measure out the serving size: 1/80th of a teaspoon! LMFAO
Potent stuff indeed!

And also… 400 servings per bottle. 0.0
Seriously. One bottle should last a half lifetime of vaping.

4 Likes

So is there a steeping time needed for mixing the powder into the PG, or is it good to go as soon as it dissolves completely?

2 Likes

I use my USC, so I honestly can’t say.
I would think that as long as it’s fully dissolved, you should be good to go though (given its PG and not VG that it’s going into).

If someone’s putting it in VG, I’d say treat it like a flavor, and give it at least a couple weeks. But that’s just me. :wink:

4 Likes

Pyure :wink: 10char

2 Likes

Older thread, but I couldn’t agree more @Sprkslfly, testing that now, and thanks out to @ozo.

2 Likes

Isn’t it too sweet?

1 Like

@MsIndica The sweetness varies with how much you add to your mix. So far, I’m using much less than with my previous sweeteners and it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VCBB7N6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_dXeDDbWB1K0PC

5 Likes

I love love those… they make great clackers!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Is there a problem with deionized water? Distilled water is very difficult to get where I live while deionized water is readily available just about anywhere.
When I was looking to experiment with distilled water, I looked a bit into it and what I think I remember is that deionizing water is a) cheaper to produce and b) a purer form of water. It’s been a while so I may have it mixed up but that’s how it’s stuck in my head :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Perfect! Just set up the home studio room recently, I love non-intentional instruments! They should arrive Monday

4 Likes

lol I have bones and spoons… even a washboard and a few other fun things :wink:

4 Likes

Boil a pot of water… put a lid on top of it… collect the water on the lid. Or just collect the steam vapor from boling water and you have distilled water. :wink:

2 Likes