Intricate coils

Can’t build coil’s that intricate mate but heres the last thing me and my farther made. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Jondamon

11 Likes

Now that is serious craftsmanship.

I’m seriously envious.

My carpentry skills stop at Skirting boards lol. But I can join the skirts and coping saw the correct matching return. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks mate appreciate that​:smile::+1:
If i never scribed another skirting board again it, I’ve done my share. Lol
Thank man😜
Ps. The metal work was done by us aswell👍

2 Likes

Scribe that’s what its called. Lol I couldn’t remember lol.

CMJ

1 Like

That is some nice work there! And my carpentry skills end with picking up the phone to call someone qualified. :grin:

6 Likes

Thanks @Big_Benny_MI much appreciated :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

beautiful my friend really really cool… do you use it alot?

1 Like

Very nice… Every time I touch a piece of wood I get splinters instantly… Woodworking was never my thing. I can fabricate and weld anything with metal but I have never been able to do anything nice with wood.

1 Like

Thanks mate.
They were mostly built to order, we’ve built a few now over the years, but only really used the show ones we used to keep.
My father has taken a couple to the yearly appleby fair in Carlisle but we have no horses now.
That paticular one is still here but sold. Going down to Nottingham soon to a new owner.

1 Like

Thank you, we fabricate most of the metal work ourselves too but buy the leaf springs and get the turning rings laser cut for precision.
Everything else is made from scratch :smile:

3 Likes

I could use a little…cooking…herbs myself :wink:

1 Like

Where you based? :wink:

2 Likes

Currently I am in beautiful Siesta Key Florida. I’ve been down here 3 years next month and originally a Chicago native. I also have a flat in London, for that is where my family are from (more specifically South Port) but my sisters moved to London years back for uni, so I go when I can.

3 years ago I had the choice of moving to London or Florida. I made the wrong decision haha! In my defense though, I made that decision in the middle of a Chicago winter, so I may have been a touch bias :wink:

3 Likes

@Pattie the first of your coils are made.

Clapton tiger wire coils.
26gNm80 core
38gNm80 Clapton wrap
.8mm Kanthal ribbon twisted with the Clapton.

5 wrap on 2.4mm approx .5ohms per coil (I think) .25ohm dual coil.

The Clapton during firing and tightening should turn blue leaving the Kanthal silver.

5 Likes

Second set of coils. @Pattie

26gKa1 fused Clapton wrapped in 44gNm80.

6 wrap 2.4mm approx .4ohms per coil.

6 Likes

Thank you mate they look the business :ok_hand:
I’m really looking forward to seeing them and using them thanks again, your a gentleman :v:️:blush:

2 Likes

There’s still a few more to make tomorrow evening if I get enough time.

If I don’t get enough time tomorrow to make any more I’ll ship these out to you and make a few others on Wednesday/Thursday as I play darts on Mondays and Tuesday’s.

CMJ

2 Likes

Im confused. I just did a build. On my ohm meeter it shows 0.15. But on bot my mods it shows 0.02. Bad ohm meeter ???

…which leaves you Friday, Saturday and Sunday to twist some up for me! :wink:

2 Likes

Thats brilliant mate. Just do whatever you can do im really pleased to be getting some no matter when or where. Much appreciated mate thank you. :+1:

2 Likes