Introduction/skittle struggles

Good evening or shall I say morning in New York. I’m Zmur and first off I’d like to say how impressed I am with the community in this forum! I’ve been watching and have noticed a community full of extremely caring and helpful people with common goals and a desire to maintain safe mixing habits. I have been mixing now for only 1 1/2 months and it is all I have done with my free time. It has proven to be more challenging than first expected but eventually I end up with a delicious recipe and it ends up being worth the countless hours spent mixing. That being said, a challenging flavor for me has been skittles. It always seems that something is missing or the flavor fades after time. Any advice on this flavor is welcomed. I now have 3 or 4 different rainbow flavors I’m working with. Thank you in advance for any help and it’s great to spend time on this forum.

12 Likes

Hi, @Zmur Welcome to the Forum. I wish I could help with the skittles. I had to comment after reading your Intro. It’s good to hear that now and again. Good luck.

5 Likes

Hiya Zmur! Welcome to the forum. I wish I knew more about candy vapes, I’m more of a bakery chick myself. I would think you could take any candy like flavor and maybe add fruit to it that people say taste like candy… trying to think of some examples I’ve seen but coming up blank. Hope someone else can help out with this one :):grinning:

3 Likes

You might want the following fruits:

Raspberry
Orange
Lemon
Lime
Blueberry
Grape
Mixed berry

You will need to figure out how you want to arrange these flavors… which brands you need… but it is possible to make a skittles recipe using fruits. :smile: I use a scale… so you might want to try one out… a decent one is the aws501, most commly used for mixing your juice.

3 Likes

Thank you folks for your responses. Yes I have looked at countless skittles recepies and have added hints of fruit but it usually comes out more like a smoothy than sweet candy. I guess its another work in progress. Yes I only mix with a scale I feel it’s the only logical way to mix and keep consistent results across the board. I have used a scale for my mixes since day one. I’m an engineering student so I do a lot of research before I attempt anything so I realized real quick that using a scale is clearly the only way anyone should be mixing.

3 Likes

I didn’t see specific flavors, have you tried TFA Rainbow Drops? With a little MF Lime, the wife says it’s a pretty good Skittles.

3 Likes

Welcome.
I like your writing style.
Reading it is like riding in the back seat middle in a Volvo.
I got nothing on the Skittles.

2 Likes

Oh sorry, yes I have rainbow candy (FW), rainbows (LNW), SILVERLINE rainbow candy (Cap) and have played most with the silverline. To be honest lime has been one of my enemies for a long time now. I had a juice about a year ago that used a lime flavoring that haunts me to this day. I have stayed away from lime since then. But last week I finally decided to try to get past the lime thing because I’m mixing now so I bought lime (INW) and dew mountain (LB). The dew immediately brought back that taste I ran from but I havent tried the lime from (INW) yet. So maybe playing with this in one of my skittles recipes will help.

3 Likes

I’ve been there with flavors in the past, for sure. Avoided butterscotch juices for a couple years once because a vendor version was so bad I almost short-circuited. So I know what you mean. Wife also likes Rainbow Drops as Skittles with nothing else added too, if that helps.

2 Likes

That was my first and second try. What percentage does she mix rainbow drops at?

2 Likes

She likes it at 8-10%

2 Likes

Phil! I can so relate. I just got the nerve to buy another butterscotch flavor because I bought one that made me literally want to hurl LOL

3 Likes

Any feedback on the butterscotch ripple (FW)?

2 Likes

Apple , lemon , Orange or lime … Raspberry and figure the ratios …for me I get a orange and apple whenever I eat the real thing

3 Likes

Yeah I pretty much named the rainbow… as I know just using an all in one flavor can get a bit boring…

Its a good idea to play with the layers you can make in mixing… never know what you might like one time, vs the next :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had good results with molinberry Twister, Rainbow Sherbet.

2 Likes