Introduction

Welcome to the forum wilbkr1. :grinning:
Get a second job, your going to need it!!

The main thing is you are off the stinkies. Diy is enough to tackle for now in mho. No need to be in a rush take your time.

@wilbkr1 All of these veterans on ELR have so much premium hardware, shit I could never afford these days, I have too many rescue animals to feed. [just Lucy eats a 6.5lb premium steak every day-besides her snacks, Rocky (Balboa) eats a live 5lb chickenā€¦600lbs of grain/monthā€¦etc.] They have fancy builds with every wire and style known, and I keep mine simple. I am a retired engineer, but life these days is mellow with the most simplicity I can muster, and I like the compatibility between my devices. Although Kanger is not the most trusted mod here by far, they work well in my small arena. I DIY everything I use, and even though I am retired, I still spend most of every day at this desk, researching, panhandling money for rescue orgs all over the world, and vaping. I rotate between 6-8 devices with 5-6 different e-juices daily.I thought I knew how to make juice [and have never dumped any], thought I knew about devices and electricity [and this vaping world equipment changes with every breath these days], but ELR yanked me out of my comfort zone, offered an encyclopedic library of knowledge simply for the taking if I put in the time and effort, raised my own level of quality to the top shelf, and on a social media platform second to none without the drama that we all know and see every where else we go. The pic is my daily rotation, all DTL vaping these days, all sub-ohm, 25W to 60W, and a far cry from these cowboys(and Cowgirls) we have here on ELRā€¦but the bottom line is simple [the way I like it], ELR is responsible for the enhanced enjoyment I have dailyā€¦vaping. Edit: Yes, I use the CM 521 TABā€™s as desk mods, and vape them when I am not building on them.

8 Likes

As you, I am close to retirement or as close as I ever plan to be. My life is consumed with scuba diving and travel. Sun, Sand, jeeps , things that go bang and Harleyā€™s are my toys till the end.

Have to laugh when I see where this new hobby is taking me though. Just started building the lab. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and advise. Nice meeting you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Official welcome, @wilbkr1! :smile: Iā€™m glad you decided to say hello on the forum. These guys are beyond awesome.

2 Likes

Thats a nice looking single six you have there.

2 Likes

50+yrs old
Grips are swapped with a newer Blackhawk .327fedmag

1 Like

I was eyeing it too nice piece ! & I love all the red & black gear !

Welcome @wilbkr1 to the Forum !

1 Like

Whats with you guys and guns :wink: kanger fan like me, I see. I see you have a couple other tanks there you are using. What are they and do they work well with the kanger boxes? )

I apologize that there are so many guns in my possession , and in daily use, that they show up on my desk in the pics.
The truth is I am surrounded by guns, and it would be hard for me to take a pic of anything in my office without a gun being close in the pic.None of my guns are assault weapons, and none of them use clips. At this point, they are all target guns, for use on shooting holes in paper targets at an official indoor closed range, and only fired with ammo that I DIY myself , and trust to be safe because I know the contents. I also have an outdoor range that is compliant to my locale, and shoot target from my back porch.
I am also an advocate of our founding fathers declaration, I am a Patriot, and even though I donā€™t support wars for money, I will fight to protect all Americans.
Thatā€™s whatā€™s with us guys and guns. [quote=ā€œAnonymiss, post:29, topic:64193ā€]
Whats with you guys and guns
[/quote]

Yes, I am a huge Kanger fan, and began my MTL with the Kanger equipment. I am now re-discovering how well they are competent for use in DTLā€¦

I have Kanger Subtank minis and Kanger Topfill minis, they are awesome, but are limited to a single coil build. They are great MTL hitters, but I am re-discovering them to also be a DTL force to be challenged., especially on different mods.

If the word [gun] separates us, I hope the word [vape] joins usā€¦as Americans ā€¦and Patriots

5 Likes

What can I say as a Canadian im not used to seeing handguns with the exception of tv, police and armed guards. I have nothing at all against your guns I just found it curious that it was with your vape gear tbh since the guns im used to are the hunting rifles and we keep those locked in a safe at all times unless hunting. I have just the kanger top box mini and a subbox mini at this pointā€¦ was looking to purchase another topbox (backups are always good) and a dripbox, so of course Im curious as to anything else that can be used with them. Only started vaping again a couple weeks ago so im kind of re-figuring everything out again now since when I last vaped subohming was something crazy only hardcore cloud chasers did lol. Will probably get other mods eventually when I figure out whats good and whats not etcā€¦ Its just incredible how much has changed there are so many options out there now we could only dream of a couple years ago.

1 Like

I am not a trend chaser, so you will have to bear with me, and my evaluations.
I have the Subtank mini and the Topfill mini, and they kick ass, That being said,
I rebuild the RBAā€™s to get my needs.
I have all of the pre-builts that Kanger has sent, but never used them.

2 Likes

@Anonymiss
I also have the hunting riflesā€¦but they are too large to be laying on my desk, so most likely you would not see them in a pic from me. Just sayinā€™ā€¦

1 Like

@Anonymiss
do you build your coils on the RBA or use pre-built coils?

1 Like

For all the Kanger fans that like to build, I really recommend the PROTANK 4. It has a dual coil rba and a pretty cool top fill. Itā€™s my favorite Kanger tank.

3 Likes

So far I have only used the pre-builts I havent used the RBA deck at all yet not even with the coils the sentā€¦ I need to get a ohmsmeter or maybe that cool CM521 TAB I see in your pic,and coil builders kit before I can start building coils (I gave all my vape stuff away, with the exception of a few ego batteries that I didnt notice when I was giving it away)ā€¦

2 Likes

Right there with ya. I love my Pro Tank 4 :ok_hand: just a heads up with the ProRba decksā€¦@uncaged posted this vid a while ago on the Vape Mail thread. After this I keep an eye on my deck just in case. Hopefull Kanger addresses this issue and makes replacemets available soon.

Wow thanks for the heads up. I havenā€™t seen my post all wobbly like that. Iā€™ll check mine later. I actually used a rotary tool to enlarge the juice slots and I like it much better.

1 Like

No probā€¦all family here.

1 Like

@Jim22
Thanks, Brother, but the deck scares me, it needs some R&Dā€¦I am still a Kanger fan though. I have been resurrecting some Subtanks that I used when I MTL and have been having incredible performances with DTL . I was going to start a thread on reviving old tanks, and would have involved photos, but due to recent issues, I said no more pics from me on ELR, so I scrapped the entire idea.

@Anonymiss

It is worth the money, and can be bought for about $30 ā€¦if you need help searching the best priceā€¦holler at me, eh?

4 Likes