iQOS smoking

Hello all! I switched from regular smoking to heated tobacco products around 3 months ago. I’ve noticed a huge difference especially when doing sports.
What do you think about iQOS cigarettes, are they less toxic?

3 Likes

Sorry, not used such a device and from the very limited research I have done it does seem to be a good alternative to smoking BUT not for everyone. After 3 months do you still crave a ciggy or do you look forward to hitting your iQOS? I think this is the main thing that helped me quit with vaping, the fact that I actually (mainly) look forward to my first vape and hardly ever think about smoking - even in the mornings - anymore.

Have you ever vaped and how does this compare? The “you can hit it twice without waiting” thing seems a little off putting too, but I’m sure there will be “ever-ready” devices out at some point too, how do you find the hit from this device? Do you actually feel properly satisfied after a hit or is it more like a band-aid like the inhalator sticks? I’m honestly interested in what you think and am not trying to bait you into a iQOS v Vape deal, the “no smoke” thing is tempting and if it actually does give a good hit… might be worth a try!

6 Likes

Hi. I was trying to quit smoking using IQOS but without any results. They don’t have enough nicotine and I was smoking normal cigarettes and IQOS in parallel. After starting vaping i put down the cigarettes and never touch them again. My advice is to start vaping and don’t throw your money on that useless device. Before vaping i was smoking more than 1 pack a day. For me IQOS didn’t like it

7 Likes

I found a pack once and opened up one of those things. There’s only about 1 cm of tobacco in it, greasy like shit, steeped in chemicals too AFAIK.
There’s silver foil on the inside, which tells me that the temperature gets pretty high with these things and they would probably burst into flames without the foil.

I would stick to vapes, but that’s just me. If you are happy with it and it works for you, who am I to tell you that you shouldn’t.

7 Likes

As long as it stop you from smoking ciggarettes, it’s good.

4 Likes

good to know @SilentAssassin I appreciate the information. I have seen the devices around and was curious but not enough to purchase one. I am glad you found vaping and Welcome to ELR… (again)… :grin:

5 Likes

You might want to take a quick look:

4 Likes

I can’t deny that from time to time I smoke cigarettes too, especially when going out for drinks. In general though they seem to provide enough nicotine for me. I tried vaping and didn’t quite like it, it’s similar to a hookah which I don’t particularly like too. What I like the most about iQos is the absence of scent on my clothes, hands and in the car and also that it’s still tabbacco and not some shady oils :).
Anyway, thank you all for sharing your experience here!

3 Likes

Just to clarify, vape juice is not oil. It is made with Vegetable Glycerine and (mono) Propylene Glycol mixed with flavours and nicotine. No oil involved in any stage (well, apart from the removal of essential oils during flavour production) :slight_smile: - You can also get some nice “it is just tobacco” flavours by making NETs (see subject on forums) out of your favourite tobacco and just mix that with PG/VG+Nic.

The correct term is “juice”, and before you put nic in it, you can probably drink it and not feel any ill effects. Even after you put nic in it, as an ex smoker (hopefully) it will just get you a bad taste in your mouth (I’ve never tasted salts, so I dunno if they have a taste too). I suppose that is why a lot of us found this forum/community though. A lot mix our own juices and know exactly what goes into them, down to the type of sweetner used.

As for the iQOS device using only tobacco, well, like said above, looks like mainly not tobacco but rather some kind of oil that they mix with the tobacco to either keep it fresh or make it more receptive to this kind of heating. Vaping doesn’t have to be like “a hookah” too, there are many many devices out there that deal different kinds of vapour. Low smoke liquids can be made by reducing the amount of VG in a mix. MTL (like smoking) can be done on most pod style systems and does not have to be like DL (direct to lung) vaping at all. There are many many styles, and many devices built around these styles. Heck, some tanks can do both!

4 Likes

I must admit that you have point here :). Perhaps I should try vaping again, who knows maybe I’ll like it in the end, I grew to like sushi from the third try :). From what you said above vaping really seems to be the best alternative to smoking afterall.

2 Likes

Stick with it dude! If this smoker of 32 years can, anyone can. It really is just a case of finding what is right for you. I have tried to quit a few times, and have vaped before, but like you the first devices I tried just were not for me. I went back to the stinkies and stayed there for 5 years and only tried again because the grandkids are starting to emulate me (I dunno, they think I’m cool or something).

Had to find something that worked (tried nic patches, inhalators, gum etc etc), and unlike you, it was the change to DL vaping and sub ohm tanks and the whole DIY aspect of vaping that got me hooked to this instead. After 6+ months I’m finally waking up and looking forward to a vape instead of a ciggy. Took a lot to get here! Not going to pretend it was easy, even with the vape! Good luck brother, and I wish you all the best.

3 Likes

Wait, you are 32 and already have grandchildren?

1 Like

haha, no, im 44, so not much better I suppose but at least the maths works out heh I started smoking 32 years ago. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No idea. I smoked, then I vaped. End of my story. Regardless, congratulations on feeling better. That says something in and of itself. Theoretically, simply not setting something fire prior to inhaling should be a better choice. Having said that, I find tobacco companies despicable per the chemical cocktails they have put in cigarettes. I trust them about as far as I can throw a bull by the tail as the adage goes.

2 Likes

sry but i thought this is a vapers for rum

bomjik try vaping. Its just a Q of temperature.
And again

1 Like