Is Chefs still around

I thought Chef’s flavors was no more. Yet I keep seeing them on my instagram. This does look good though.

8 Likes
7 Likes

Be careful though, DarkStar bought the Chefs name…but it’s not the same company

11 Likes

They’re only a name. As far as I’m concerned I would stay far away!

5 Likes

Lewis and Karl the original “Chef’s” are still around but they now operate under the name Flavour Craver

8 Likes

Thanks a lot for that @Max_Flavour.

7 Likes

You’re more than welcome @SessionDrummer Thank you for the amazing job you did on the Nom Nomz SC reviews. You’ve cost me a fortune!!

@Rocky02852 is correct in saying that Darkstar bought the name and Facebook accounts

7 Likes

Well you are very welcome in return, and YES, hehe, sorry about the bill. :slight_smile:

Very glad you posted this, as I had heard rumors that Lewis and Kari were going to get something going after the sale to Darkstar, but I never heard anymore about it.

Thanks again for the great intel, and thank you for the kind words as well @Max_Flavour.

5 Likes

I got the Welsh Custard from Chefs Flavours before they shut down. I saw this site a few months ago and was happy to see that they are still offering it. :yum:

5 Likes

@TakeMeToTheSea that one interested me, but I’ve never tried it. What IS a Welsh Custard ?

4 Likes

I hope your talking about the Flavour Craver website as all the ones on the new Chefs (DarkStar) site are not the originals…

4 Likes

Yesireeeeee Rocky…the Flavour Craver site! :wink: :+1:

2 Likes

Hiya SD! I first bought it on a whim just to find out myself back then. Sounded good. Very thick & rich.
Personally I get a lot of eggs & vanilla (sort of deeper/darker type). This is truly my own taste buds’ reaction. I also get a soft thinly-veiled hint of a floral note. I haven’t read anywhere of someone else getting that. I’ve seen a couple others note a bit of RY4 edge in there. I wanted this for a Christmas Pudding recipe I had in mind in 2022 because I figured it would stand up to all the bread & fruit and it turned out nice as far as I was concerned. Beyond that, I like it in blueberry recipes (because of that light floral note) I’ve never published, just kept for myself…never looked like anyone else had the stuff. :laughing: :hibiscus:

5 Likes

Just a correction Welsh Custard is NOT a CSC (CSC = Nomz is a rebranded French flavor company), but it was just Chefs Flavour (Chefs Flavour was their house oneshot that they were selling under their own name, similar like many vendors do.

Beside the similar name that confuses many, these two brands CSC and Chefs Flavours have nothing in common (flavor Welsh Custard CSC does not exist and no CSC flavors were used in Welsh Custard Chefs Flavors).

6 Likes

Yes…you’re absolutely right. They’ve made so many changes, I’m afraid I chose the wrong name for that time period! The original site was simply Chefs Flavours. I will correct that.
Thank-you @Mikser . :hibiscus:

5 Likes