Is Corona worse than Tobacco?

and if not
why Govs are so upset?
bc Corana is not paying taxes?

above numbers in millions

PEACE

3 Likes

I hear that Tobacco combustion and inhalation is also contagious among asymptomatic individuals. :thinking:

2 Likes

France has banned online sales of nicotine substitutes after a study showed smokers are less likely to be admitted for COVID-19

French scientists to test theory that nicotine combats COVID-19

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact sitehelp@stltoday.com or call 314-340-8000.

3 Likes

Inconvenient truth @lambu.

4 Likes

The below links, except the last one, are from the top of the page on The Drudge Report. Something tells me my link isnā€™t as click-baity

U.S. DEATHS PASS 55,000ā€¦
Lockdown protest leader tests positiveā€¦
Preacher believed ā€˜God can heal anything.ā€™ Then he caught covidā€¦
Outbreak hits second Navy shipā€¦
Beach crowds lead California to crackdownā€¦
Companiesā€™ use of thermal cameras sparks worries about civil libertiesā€¦
Masks, temperature checks mark ā€˜new normalā€™ at restaurantsā€¦
UPDATE: 1 In 4 NYC Residents Test Positive For Antibodiesā€¦
Mystery syndrome sending kids to ICUā€¦
STUDY: 10% Of Americans Think U.S. Govt Created Virusā€¦
Top Manhattan ER doc commits suicideā€¦
Study of twins reveals genetic effect on symptomsā€¦
TYSON: ā€˜The food supply chain is breakingā€™ā€¦
BEEF, PORK, POULTRY, FISH ALL IN SHORTAGE DANGERā€¦

POLL: Rising support for mail votingā€¦
Is Brazil next big hot spot?
Cigarettes and Death

2 Likes

Of course, that would be the ā€œclinicalā€ administration of Nicotine (as opposed to Tobacco combustion).

SOS they talk about smoking and confuse it with NIC

1 Like

Sorry, are you actually sinking there, or just experiencing some rather righteous ā€œsudden squallsā€ ? :thinking:

(Perhaps) those cute little SARS-CoV-2 critters get lost in the swamp of bacterial/fungal biomass ?

A fellow member posted this fairly informative document regarding ā€œvapingā€ and COVID-19 disease.

2 Likes

lang prob=
Same Old Soup

2 Likes

Is Corona worse than Tobacco?

For me yes, much worse.
Corona is a virus, you donā€™t choose to get yourself and tobacco you choose to use or not.

But which is the biggest killer, right now itā€™s the tobaccoā€¦ and not to forget the alcohol and many other stuff.

But think if we do nothing at all to fight the Corona, where could it end? I donā€™t know, Iā€™m sure, noone knows right now.

(as always, sry for my grammar)

4 Likes

More than 600 000 death per year worldwide are caused by second - hand smoke (SHS) - this is more than 1% of all deaths . 165 000 of these deaths are among children. Smokers are not only putting themselves at risk, but also 1.8 billion non-smokers.

4 Likes

Ohhh yes thatā€™s true, on this angle :+1:t2:
There is different aspects like most in our lifeā€™s yes.

But still Iā€™m sure u know what I mean.

Breathing is very dangerous to, it all depends. :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Whatā€™s still confounding to me is that Iā€™m not sure how many people will be taken by C19 in a yearā€™s time, but I doubt 600,000. Yet 600,000 people every year are taken by second hand smoke alone, and no one is doing much about that. Thatā€™s just second hand smoke statistics, too. In other words, people who do not choose to smoke but are still zapped.

3 Likes

Yes and what about pollution from vehicles, some political leaders, factories etc.
We can continue, the modern life is very dangerous to live.
I guess we must stay inside in a igloo on the south pole.
But if we choose to live our life as we suppose to do, itā€™s very nice some of those things we can take our precautions, not 100%, but stil, we can make distance to smoking people, we can choose to live on the county as a farmer.
But still i fear a virus more then the mankind do not know and Iā€™m not known as a paranoid guy.
The other things we know all about.

3 Likes

That is our greatest danger! :full_moon_with_face:

4 Likes

I havenā€™t been to Drudge, since the ā€œchangeā€.

I just got over corona. Both cigarettes and the virus suckā€¦ this is gonna sound stupid but I swear my cough drop vape liquid helped me through it.

3 Likes

I must have missed this topic.

No, corona is not worse than tobacco, but the corona measures are.
Roughly 300.000 people a day die of starvation as a direct result of the lockdowns. Thatā€™s 3 million every 10 days :exploding_head:

The numbers are staggering even without adding the suicides, homicides, domestic violence, depression, people dying of everything else under the sun because thereā€™s no time for any other disease left.
The list is endless.

I can tell you that I canā€™t take this much longer. Iā€™m going up the wall.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Another problem that has probably grown because of corona measures :frowning_face:

4 Likes