Is nic salt supposed to be peppery on its own? Suggestions to mask it?

Recently I ordered the DelosiLabs 100 mg/mL nic salt from Nicbase and diluted it down to 20mg/mL, 50VG/50PG. I was surprised that, on its own, it still had a pretty strong peppery taste and throat hit. So I mixed a small sample of that along with some flavorings (at 10% weight, so that would’ve diluted it to I guess ~18mg/mL), and voila the pepperiness was virtually gone.

So, I guess nic salt without flavoring is still harsh on its own - does that align with your experiences?

And, side question - I was hoping that I can just get a flavorless, smooth nic experience, which is why I tried without any flavorings in the first place. Given that it seems like (at least with what I ordered from Nicbase), that that is not possible, are there any (fruity) recipe suggestions that can get as close to being bland/flavorless as possible? I’m not a fan of the creamy/custard flavors, so I was thinking of perhaps trying to clone the Juice Head Peach Pear or Pachamama Fuji Apple flavors, but just lower the flavoring amount as much as I can so that it’s just enough to mask the pepperiness of the nicotine.

1 Like

Not at all…Salts can typically withstand more than Freebase like heat . Even sitting out on desk over a long period of time Salts hold up better.

2 Likes

The salt nic iv tried from Delosi was crystal clear and very smooth with no taste or harshness. Like almost too smooth

Just wondering why you diluted it to 20mg? Its usually much easier to mix with the 100mg

1 Like

Ugh… is it because I’m ordering sizes that are not frequently ordered and hence it’s an old batch? I ordered the 250mL size, 100 mg/mL concentration in 50VG/50PG.

Thats the same exact i ordered. The 250ml 5050 100mg.

Anytime you vape unflavored 20mg juice though i can see it having some sort of pepperyness as even fresh clean nic is gonna have some pepperyness at that high a mg. Prob wont show up in a flavired juice but unflavored i can see tasting it. Thats just the flavor nic has

1 Like

I diluted it to 20mg/mL because I’m trying to dial it down to 10mg/mL, and 20mg/mL (divide by 5) is a nice round number right after 50mg/mL (divide by 2) and 25mg/mL (divide by 4).

How was the color, was it yellow or clear. Old nic is gonna be pretty yellow.

It had a very faint yellow to it, no smell. Nothing from the appearance would’ve suggested old nic.

It sounds all pretty normal to me honestly. Even salt nic at 20mg is gonna have some harshness most likely. It wont be noticable with flavor but unflavored you should notice it.Freebase at that mg is pretty unvapable and much more harsh

Cool, thanks for confirming. The unflavored version felt like vaping at 6-9mg/mL freebase, and the flavored is more like <3mg/mL freebase.

Yes i can see that.

All nicsalt is not created equal. It all depends on acid. Some salts (acid) is developed to mimic freebase. Some are developed to be as smooth as a baby’s butt. All salts are is an addition of acid to freebase that changes the PH . Different acids change PH levels differently. The lower the ph level the smoother it becomes.

3 Likes

Its hard to judge based off color , there are a few different acids used for Salt Nic and some are darker so the finished product wont be clear. @woftam has a picture of the different acids use and the color differences.

1 Like

To be honest im not sure …My limited knowledge comes from @woftam explaining things to me when i got a dark Salt Nic and was worried. He broke it down and explained the different acids etc …