IS Nickle wire EXTREMELY dangerous¿?¿?

So…jogging with my scythe is outta the question?

4 Likes

Drink the vodka to kill off anything you’ve inhaled right? Right?

3 Likes

I agree with you on the flavor. I won’t buy anymore nickel only because the flavor just isn’t there for me. The SS is my favorite so far, but I really haven’t messed around with TI too much.

1 Like

Maybe this is just another of those Diacetyl or not questions ! Maybe it is, maybe it’s not but, it’s a no brainer for me. I think I prefer building with Ti wire better anyway. That makes the safe choice easy…

1 Like

Here is where a good scientist would come in handy. Have them test at what temperature does nickle start to break down. This would tell you if there is a need to worry or not. If temperatures we are vaping will not be enough for the nickle to break down, you would think we would be safe using it…

3 Likes

Studies has been done on nickel inhalation

RELEVANCE TO PUBLIC HEALTH
nickel inhalation
ToxFAQs Nickel April 1993

3 Likes

Nickle just seems like a bad idea. I got a temp control device and used the temp control for about a week with nickle coil I started getting flem after a few days (which never happened with kanthal) and my chest would feel weird now again. I’m back with kanthal and flem is gone. I’m on the fence with titanium also I have a spool and never even wrapped a coil. I feel there is not enough info on any of this wire to make an informed decision. I might as well order some 24kt gold wire and wrap a coil bc gold doesn’t change and it would not be heated to a high enough temp to melt. Any thoughts on this? Would it be worth a shot to have a bling coil?

2 Likes

Hells to the Yeah!

Bling Bling Coil Wire…quick, get a patent! You’ll retire on sales…kinda like Spider Silk wire! Crazy people buy crazy stuff! You can sell it for $25 per 12 inches…give it enough hyperbolized screaming opinionated rant time on the forums and the masses will follow!

3 Likes

Is there info on kanthal… if so link it because I’d like read it.

1 Like

I’d rather have titanium in my body than kanthal :wink: I suggest you try it - I bet you’ll be surprised! :smile:

I gotta say, I’m glad I’ve got some Ti wire on the way. I’m disappointed with Nicke and my kanthal is just sitting there. I’m pretty much just using the SS316L now. I lurv it. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

A lot of people don’t realize that vape technology has surpassed the use of kanthal. Some think it’s the safest because it was introduced first. No matter what wire that would have been introduced first, I feel people would think it’s the safest. Creatures of habit.

1 Like

I already have titanium in my body got 3 plates in my head lol I mean any metal used to make vapor can possibly be dangerous. Metal doesn’t change until it reaches it melting point then you should be worried. But we are not heating it to this point or anywhere near it. It’s all matter of opinion atm with little scientific evidence to back anything which is bc of no regulations. Any other industry material is tested in a lab and then deemed safe. Here it’s use it come to your own conclusion and hope it’s better than analog cigarettes. Every action has a reaction is basic science that we all learned in school.

3 Likes

Looks like you’re gonna need to bump up your price on the Bling Bling Coil Wire to about $100 per 12 inches to be able to make a profit.

Ouch!

2 Likes

To some degree I agree with you on this point, however, this does not apply to all metals. Oxidation changes small portions of metals such as Iron, Steel, Nickle, Silver, Copper, Brass, and others, including Titanium. It’s pretty much surface effects but none the less a change in metal. Requirements needed to Oxidize metal are of course Oxygen, and Moisture. Both are present in Vaping. That being said, there is a possibility that a vape sitting around for long periods of time with juice in them just might dissolve small bits of metal into the juice…

I have been complaining for a while now about tasting metal every morning in my vape after my vape sits idle as I sleep. I have discovered how to remedy this. The tanks that I see this problem all have one thing in common, they draw their air from the 510 threaded area where they connect to the battery. I have discovered that if I clean the 510 connector of the tank and the battery with vodka or Everclear then I do not taste the metal. This tells me there is some kinda chemical reaction going on there with the juice and the surrounding metals. I’m trying to get away from tanks that drawn their air from the bottom area. Tanks that do not draw air in this manner do not seem to taste of metal…

The Good news, read on…

Like aluminium and magnesium metal surfaces, titanium metal and its alloys oxidize immediately upon exposure to air. Titanium readily reacts with oxygen at 1,200 °C (2,190 °F) in air, and at 610 °C (1,130 °F) in pure oxygen, forming titanium dioxide. It is, however, slow to react with water and air, as it forms a passive and oxide coating that protects the bulk metal from further oxidation. When it first forms, this protective layer is only 1–2 nm thick but continues to slowly grow; reaching a thickness of 25 nm in four years.

Related to its tendency to form a passivating layer, titanium exhibits excellent resistance to corrosion. It is almost as resistant as platinum, capable of withstanding attack by dilute sulfuric and hydrochloric acids as well as chloride solutions, and most organic acids. However, it is attacked by concentrated acids. As indicated by its negative redox potential, titanium is thermodynamically a very reactive metal. One indication is that the metal burns before its melting point is reached. Melting is only possible in an inert atmosphere or in a vacuum. At 550 °C (1,022 °F), it combines with chlorine. It also reacts with the other halogens and absorbs hydrogen.

The most important facts we can learn from this information is titanium is highly resistant to corrosion, resistant to most organic acids, and the mention of titanium dioxide. Titanium Dioxide has always been the one thing mentioned as the dangers of using Titanium Wire for vaping. Look at the temperatures required to form Titanium Dioxide. Especially now with Temp Control Units, there is no way to reach the temperatures required to form Titanium Oxide. This leads me to believe that titanium wire IS the safest wire to use for vaping purposes, hands down !!!

2 Likes

Now if we can only get the main coil manufacturers to make the switch to titanium we would all feel a little bit better (speaking as a non-rba guy) or have a magician invent a coil-less tank :wink:

1 Like

Joytech makes them…

2 Likes

The vaping industry is still in its infancy, even though it is roughly over ten years in the making. I have no doubt the strides which will be made in this community to improve the quality of what vapers inhale over time. Today it’s all good. Tomorrow it’ll be all bad. Many products (i.e. Butter, coffee, fat, etc.) were deemed bad one day/year and hailed as beneficial the next day/year. So, there ya go. To each his/her own; hopefully one will choose wisely.

2 Likes

I’ll have to look in to them, thanks…I only have a Crown and 2 nautilus’ as far as subOhm tanks go…

1 Like

What’s it called? Link?

1 Like