Is the IRC channel down?

Not able to connect atm. Just got some scales and I wanted to pick KenOWheres brains about some new flavours :smiley:

Works for me. :confused: It was acting up earlier. Bunch of netsplits. Keep trying.

Thanks Jo, will do!

It’s down for me. :frowning:

[21:43] [Info] Server found, connecting…
[21:44] [Error] Connection to server irc.p2p-irc.net (port 6667) lost: Unknown error.
[21:44] [Info] Trying to reconnect to irc.p2p-irc.net (port 6667) in 10 seconds.
[21:44] [Info] Looking for server irc.p2p-irc.net (port 6667)…
[21:44] [Info] Server found, connecting…
[21:45] [Error] Connection to server irc.p2p-irc.net (port 6667) lost: Unknown error.
[21:45] [Info] Trying to reconnect to irc.p2p-irc.net (port 6667) in 10 seconds.
[21:45] [Info] Looking for server irc.p2p-irc.net (port 6667)…
[21:45] [Info] Server found, connecting…

Exact same message for me. Got my new scales sitting here glaring at me and I’m dying to get in to run a few things past the pros :wink:

It’s ok. You have my permission to start
Measureming random things. Maybe the salt and pepper shaker. Maybe weight 1ml of siracha sauce. The possibilities are endless. Lol.

The amount of time it took me to calibrate the scales does not bode well for my upcoming adventures haha. Only joking, just made this sucker:

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/681744/Blood+and+Wine+-+something+for+exploring+Toussant

I hope it’s an experiment with a happy ending :smiley:

Also: mixing by weight, just wow. Took about half as long, and that was me being super careful and trying for the first time!

Best advice I can think to give when using scales is to make sure they are calibrated. After that, take your time and make sure the scale is responding to what you are adding. Some are slower/faster than others to respond, so let them actually measure what you have done. Be diligent and pay attention to what you are doing. Especially pertaining to nicotine weight. Like a carpenter measures twice and cuts once, double check before you start adding the ingredients that you have the correct one in your hand, that you know without doubt the weight you are shooting for.
Start out by mixing small bottles of juice. Lessons learned become much cheaper if you make a mistake on a 15ml bottle instead of a 120 ml bottle.
Become proficient at it, then big bottles will come off your scale without effort.
START WITH A GOOD RECIPE. It isn’t possible to make a silk purse from a sow’s ear. Don’t ask me how I know this :wink:
Most important, HAVE FUN!
VAPE ON!

1 Like

Good advice all round amigo, much obliged. Thankfully i’ve worked with scientific balances a few times so i’m not too worried about messing it up really badly in that respect. Wish i’d heard that outstanding advice about making sure it’s the correct bottle in my hand :sweat: I’ve done this exact thing with terrible, terrible consequences haha

Weird. Some are connected. I’m guessing there’s some weird node/netsplit thing going on. We could always open a temp channel on a different network until this one works. Undernet anyone? :stuck_out_tongue:

Fire it up Jo, i got a fire in my belly for mixin’ here and I could do with the advice!

Back up again amigo

1 Like