Is this donut possible to recreate?

Do you think its possible to create a recipe for a Dunkin French Cruller? Im not sure its possible as its mainly a very specific texture. How would you go about making this?

5 Likes

What could give that airy texture. Maybe like crossaint? Not even sure that would work. You need to kinda taste the hollowness Maybe cap v1 custard for the eggyness

3 Likes

I’m not saying it’s impossible, because anything is possible, though it would be difficult.

Yes definitely croissant or a flakey pastry with maybe a little bit of a glazed donut flavor or a sweet dough could be a start.

5 Likes

There are a lot of real life foods/desserts that dont translate into vape especislly when iits about the feel or texture. Deep fried thimgs there are things like deep froed pastry dough , or joy or fum el cake that help sell the item. The taste and the fried taste the glaze over them you will achieve a lot of what your.going for but never will you be able to make a recipe blimd fold someone to taste it and habe them nail exactly what its is.

6 Likes

To answer though i would be playkmg around with croissant or anything flaky with deep fried dough and a donut but the donut cant be to much of a cake donut…Isnt there a pastry flake flavor ?? Maybe some FLV frosting or jusy use WF glazed donut with your fave frosting…This would be a great place to use FLV Cotton Candy up at 3 to 4pct

4 Likes

Maybe Flv cupcake batter if used light enough with croissant. Cupcake batter is fairly light and kinda has a glaze flavor in the background.

5 Likes

I think i have a flakey pastry . I think its wf or ssa. Funnel cake is not a bad option. Anything thats cakey at all i think will just ruin it from resembling a cruller. You need that airy dough. Its not really loke a donut

4 Likes

Thats gonna be the tough part…

3 Likes

Chris… First, THANK YOU for publicly making these posts- and second- you and I have a very similar liking of flavor profiles. My “mixing” is mid compared to your “and others” talents, so let me say I/we appreciate your time and energy to create such wonderful recipes. Thanks bro!! I am watching this thread closely!! :muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

Thanks man , i appriciate it. Im usually pretty good with the dessert recioes but like fiddy said im really doubting this one is possible. The closest i can prob get may be like a glazed zeppole. A bit thicker and more fried then a cruller

3 Likes

SEND IT!!!

1 Like

@STR8V8PING what about a churro flavor?? Of course you will have to bury the cinnamon which will be another tough chore…You can make a cinnamon crueller though

1 Like

Yup i thought of churro or funnel cake

1 Like

Hows this recipe coming along??

1 Like

I wrote it on my list to make lol. Havent attempted it yet

1 Like