"Is vaping to blame? Yes!"

I agree that it should not be dismissed, but it should not be touted as a reason to demonize vaping either.

This is more akin to holding up an “exception to the rule” (read as: mass evidence to the contrary of this single experience) and shouting “You too could be hit by a bus in a cornfield!”

Taking a rare instance to try and make an example of it as being a universal banner for the argument that “vaping is potentially universally unsafe”, feels VERY sensationalistic to me.

You don’t get the impression that they’re trying to say the exact opposite??!

First line from the third paragraph:

No argument whatsoever!
But that’s how the article should have been presented if there was no hidden intent.

If there was an allergic reaction, it should have been reported as such (once it was confirmed). But that’s not how they chose to pursue it.

7 Likes

That’s what they r are counting on @Dan_the_Man an emotional response. That way when you read it… your mind is already plowed to plant their seeds.

Yea I see nothing here but attempts at fear and control over the masses. it’s a disgusting piece of journalism.

If there is another ingredient people need to know about… I find that lack of important information contentious. They should be shamed for hiding any truth or facts like that.

So to cover up for their fear mongering, biased reporting, and what amounts to nothing but an emotional terroristic story telling journalistic style. They blame the unfortunate patient and his doctor for their story to market their business/news-outlet.

“(Ewan told BBC News e-cigarettes had “basically ruined me” and urged other young people not to vape.)”

“(Is vaping to blame? His doctors say the answer is yes.)”

So whats the real story? A pigeon $#i7 in his nicotine vape liquid?

(“One of the most common forms of hypersensitivity pneumonitis is “bird fancier’s lung”, which is caused by particles from feathers or bird droppings.”)

So what was it that causes it? If they refuse to let people know what it was. That is the most irresponsible thing any journalism business could do. Thats when I call B.S.

“(When scientists tested the two e-cigarette liquids Ewan had been using, they found one of them was triggering an immune reaction.)”

Then they reveal the real reason for their propaganda and journalistic terrorism.

"(Dr Bhatt said: “The real learning point is vaping is not safe, especially for young people, they should never go near it.)”

Then the truth comes out and they tell us why they won’t state what caused this reaction. Because it was probably 1-in 10 billion chances that it would happen, or even happen again.

"(How common is this? There are 3.6 million people vaping in the UK and reactions like this are rare.) "

Then they beat their drums and and blow their control freakish trumpets out loud once again. All the while saying to go ahead and Vape? LMAO I can’t stand how wishy-washy and ambiguous this is written.

“(The advice remains the same: if you smoke, switch to vaping; if you don’t smoke, don’t vape.)”

OBEY! lmao. No one asked for your advise!

5 Likes

As usual, it’s the timing of the article that seems most suspicious to me. The tainted THC cartridge ‘epidemic’ is exiting the news cycle, so let us again return to the guerrilla style hit pieces like this to make sure we keep the ‘Vaping is Evil’ mantra alive in the press.

4 Likes

I agree… If they allow business’s to sell flavored toothpaste with Sodium fluoride and allow cities to put Sodium fluoride in our drinking water.

Then they should leave our adult vaping products alone. Restricted under 18-21 sales laws are good enough.

Tell them to go flex their dictatorial muscles and ban Flavored toothpaste and stop poisoning our drink water. :muscle: They need to do somethiing useful for a chance. Like clean up the polluted sites and clean up the AIR Quality in Michigan. :rofl:

How about this -

Most at risk under 10 years old for toothpaste poisining.

Toothpaste Poisonous ingredients include:

Sodium fluoride
Triclosan

If you swallow a lot of toothpaste that does contain fluoride, however, then you’ve got a problem. The Poison Control Center should be called immediately

A child who has eaten toothpaste is a common reason why parents call Poison Control. Kids find the flavors and sweetness of toothpaste irresistible. Usually, a child is caught sucking the paste out of the tube or is found in the bathroom with the paste smeared all over the counter (and the child!). This makes it difficult for parents to estimate the amount swallowed.

4 Likes

I better delete my Pepsodent flavored ejuice recipe! :grimacing:

4 Likes

I’m just fed up with the non-sense, lies. I think the real issue is the authorities need to try and control something they have no control over, and how the doctors are just going along with it, because in order to be a doctor they need a federal health care provider ID, tax number, and approval.

Don’t have kids but…

I’m standing by my well thought out assumption that. If it’s a teenage epidemic that the majority of parents have already decided and voted that instead of having their teenage smoker in the house smoke stinky cigarettes, they would rather have them vaping better smelling nicotine alternatives, and that’s why they buy it for them.

Bottom line is: Bring on the Political Rhetoric. I firmly believe any political figure that says that they are for vaping and they will be the ones that win the seats. Not the politicians trying to kiss up and pretend they care for our health and are against vaping.

3 Likes

I truly hope you’re right, but i can’t say I’m optimistic

4 Likes

It’s just a matter of perspective.

Everyone knows someone or knows of someone who’s quit smoking using a cig-a-like which is just a nicotine vape. You’d have to be against family values to not give someone the chance to quit smoking by vaping. That’s why it amazes me that a pubic awareness campaign to curb teen smoking has gone this far.

I think I’ll refer to my e-juice now as q-liquid. quit-liquid

Also if someone brings up teen vapors. I’ll refer to them as teen smokers. Then give that person a chance to answer a simple question. Would you rather have that teen-smoker: smoking cigarettes or vaping some quit-liquid. :wink:

5 Likes

Selfishness, laziness. People like pointing a finger at someone else, shifting blame and responsibility to other people. As long as people don’t have to look in the mirror, the pretend to be fine.
People are shallow and while they are all smiles in your face, they stab a dagger in your back the moment they get the chance.

Of course, that’s generalization, there are plenty fantastic people around, but it’s something I see happening almost on a daily basis. It doesn’t matter where you go, it’s like a disease that knows no borders.

4 Likes

In this Age of Bullshit Flying, it (IMO) is necessary to take Physicians off their never-to-be-questioned pedestals that they have enjoyed, and demote them to just another class of both reputationally as well as financially conflicted agents ultimately serving whoever “butters their bread” (Corporate Paymasters and/or The State). They are no more credible than any other “actors”. Much transpires outside of the public’s view.

Ewan developed a condition called hypersensitivity pneumonitis - something he was breathing in was setting off his immune system, with catastrophic consequences. “You get an over-exuberant inflammatory response and the lungs pay a price and develop respiratory failure,” Dr Bhatt said. … When scientists tested the two e-cigarette liquids Ewan had been using, they found one of them was triggering an immune reaction.

The way that an “allergic reaction” is tested for - where that phrase is actually defined (in medicine) as true “anaphylactic shock” (very serious) - is to pop a bit of the suspected “antigen” under one’s skin, a look for some kind of skin-tissue level sensitization. Hardly a precise art. When physicians are unsure, and political winds are blowing strongly this way or that, it is a rare physician (in privatized medicine, anyway) who will not feel great pressure to give those with social power and authority the “diagnosis that they so want to hear”.

How did they somehow extract the one (allegedly offending) substance from the patient’s e-juice (as seemingly implied) ? I highly doubt that they did. What substance might they - acting on guesses - have somehow administered to the patient, and how could they with certainty say that such was the substance that induced a (described as) “over-exuberant response” ? Why are their specific methods not identified ? There do exist certain immune-system-marker tests that they might possibly have performed. What were they ? What were the results. How do they substantiate stated diagnosis ? Who has reviewed their work ?

Besides being his own agent, which of course the medical scientist or physician always is, and besides being an agent of his patient, which the physician is more and more rarely (hence the disenchantment with medical care among both physicians and patients despite the remarkable technical advances of medical science), the physician may be - and indeed often is - the agent of every conceivable social institution or group. It could hardly be otherwise. … the physician is enlisted, and has always been enlisted, to help some persons and to harm others - his injurious activities being defined, as we have already see in Plato’s Republic , as helping the state or some other institution. … physicians have through the ages not only helped some, usually those who supported the dominant social ethic, but also harmed others, usually those who opposed the dominant social ethic. … … the medical police were never intended to help the individual citizen or sick patient; instead, they were quite explicitly designed “to secure for the monarch and the state increased power and wealth.”

The principle moral decision for the physician who does not work in an ideal private-practice situation is choosing what organization or institution he shall work for; more than anything else, that will determine the sort of moral agent he can be to his patient and others. It follows from this that we should pay more attention than has been our habit to the ways institutions and organizations - whether the CIA or the United Nations or any other prestigious and powerful group - use medical knowledge and skills.

In general, we should regard the medical man, whether as investigator or practitioner, as the agent of the party that pays him and thus controls him; whether he helps or harms the so-called patient thus depends not so much on whether he is a good or bad man as on whether the function of the institution whose agent he is, is to help or harm the so-called patient. Insofar as the biologist or physician chooses to act as a scientist, he has an unqualified obligation to tell the truth; he cannot compromise that obligation without disqualifying himself as a scientist. In actual practice, only certain kinds of situations permit the medical man to fulfill such an unqualified obligation to truth telling. Insofar as the biologist or physician chooses to act as a social engineer, he is an agent of the particular moral and political values he espouses and tries to realize or of those his employer espouses and tries to realize.

The biologist’s or physician’s claim that he represents disinterested abstract values - such as mankind, health, treatment - should be disallowed; and his efforts to balance, and his claim to represent, multiple conflicting interests … should be exposed for what they conceal, perhaps his secret loyalty to one of the conflicting parties or his cynical rejection of the interests of both parties in favor of his own self-aggrandizement.

The Theology of Medicine: The Political-philosophical Foundations of Medical Ethics”;
Thomas Szasz, Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry, State University of New York.

the paradigm of religious authority under priests has been replaced by the paradigm of quasi-religious authority of doctors over patients. Instead of dazzling peasants with Latin phrases and convoluted creeds as did the priests of yore, doctors now dazzle their patients with abstruse medical terminology and jargon. The result is that very few people have thought to question the authority of the new state-sponsored religion of medicine.

5 Likes

My understanding from reading the article, and no more, is that they have not found the compound but were able to assert that one of the two kinds of juice had negative effect on the patient.

3 Likes