Issues with goon clone

Hi all, so I purchased 3 goon clones. Love the quality and look of them. I don’t use huge coils, I only ever really do 8 wrap 3.5mm 26g ss316L (0.35ohm)
First few draws are amazing, great Flavor, blah blah.
My issue comes from when it had been sitting covered in liquid without use for a bit. I come back to my desk to have a nice vape, hit the fire button…and an explosion of super hot liquid comes blasting out from the air holes, and mouthpiece. Not a little bit, it popped me once in the eye at work, and in the chin a few times at home. It can hurt, there is a loud poping noise when it happens, and it scares the living shit out of me. Am I doing something wrong? I’ve got like 20 rdas and have never had this issue before. Anyone else have this problem?

1 Like

I just wicked my Goon authentic for the first time. 6.5 wraps on 3mm, 22ga Ti spaced duals, hemp wick. No spitting at all thus far. Is the punch on your mod set high? It could also be you need to let everything cool and put it back on the mod as a new coil?

1 Like

Hmm, no my preheat isn’t set too high. When it’s first wicked and juiced up it works fine, all my other rdas work fine. I will do some tinkering and get back… I almost wonder if it’s being wicked in a way that it’s creating a bubble that blows up,…I don’t know it’s frickin loud.

1 Like

Spaced coil? Wick material?

1 Like

Dual coil, spaced. Shishido cotton. Cotton may have been a bit tight that time. But nothing to out of the ordinary.

No this can happen sometimes if sitting for a bit. The liquid pools on the coils and then BAM, heat comes to it. The pool then pops off the coil. I would pulse fire the coil and let the excess pooled juice fire off. It is what I do. I have a goon on my dripbox 160W. I love that device.

4 Likes