Jack and Coke

Been about 3 days and just tried my subbed version. Pretty effin good if I must say so. The Dark For Pipe is sitting in the back nicely bobbing his head. Was worried it might be a little overpowering. Got a feeling it’s gonna be great in a week or two.

1 Like

Hey @vonTrueso how’s your Dark Bourbon Cream doing? Just tried mine again and it’s getting amazing. The tobacco is turning more into a supporting flavor and the sweetness/cream is really busting through. Great job @Alisa. I think I’m in love with you now.

1 Like

Liquid Barn - Cola Freeze

I’m not doing a very good job of letting it steep!!..cant leave it alone!

However, I’m finding the bourbon & the dk vapeur are both taking a backseat (despite having upped both) to the cream & caramel.
I upped the caramel in this batch to @Alisa’s 's recommendation & while this is darn tasty, I think I prefer it where it was in my first mix …at 2% - I originally made the caramel a bit lower to compensate for the sweeter cream - BC being sweeter than Alisa’s IC. I’m thinkin this was a good call. Might also drop the cream just a whisker in the next batch also. But oh, I’m so luvvin this juice …however it comes!

With regards theJack n Coke… I’ve taken another toot on it just now - the first since I made it.
I can tell you the steep has done this a lot of good. As you’d expect (or hope!) after a steep, the cola is much less intense - less dirty tasting. Gotta say, I did’nt have high hopes for juice this straight out of the gate, however now, I can imagine that if this had some “bubbles”,… & a bit of tweeking (prob up the KB to 5%), it would actually be a pretty good Jack n Coke!.. actually, flavor wise, it would be more accurate to call it a Jack n Cola - the cola doesnt have that distinctive Coke taste. But maybe the bubbles would fix that …IDK…

2 Likes

So I’ve been playing around with Wine Champagne, and so far it isn’t doing anything at all. I’ve went up to 2% and haven’t noticed any texture or even flavor changes. I added it to a simple fruit mix which I would think is “airy” enough for it to poke through.

Maybe it has to steep, but its been 4 days.

Maybe I should read the notes more carefully. I swear it said a good fizz is 2%… actually 3%. I’ll try it again later and let you know.

Yeah, please do… I know nothing of this flavor…never considered using it. Till now.
Could be a nice ‘effect’ if you can get it to do anything. I’m interested to hear how you go with it. :+1:

Will do… gonna whip it up now.

Ok… I decided to go for the gold and use 4% so I wouldn’t have to keep making test mixes adding a little more and more to see if this stuff really works. I used:

4% Peach (INAWERA)
5% Sweet Strawberry (CAP)
1% Marshmallow (FA)
4% Wine Champagne (FA)

It definitely made a difference this time. It gives a slight tingling sensation on my tongue and roof of my mouth during the inhale. I supposed I could try a little higher as it doesn’t seem to be adding any flavor. As far as with Jack and Coke… certainly yes. Should be a good addition. In my experience with KB, I get a little whisky burn on the inhale, so I’m really curious to see how that’s gonna go with the Wine Champagne.

FA Cola has been ordered!

EDIT - The more I puff on it the more I can feel what’s happening. It’s the weirdest shit lol…

If you’re having trouble getting the Cola to give the flavor you are looking for, maybe you could try a very small amount of any of these:

Lime
Lemon
Orange
Cinnamon
Vanilla

I found those by looking up the flavor profile of Cola and found a recipe of how to make your own.

IDK… maybe it might spruce it up a little.

…Praps not an ADV, but in an atty ready to go… for those times when ur in the mood for a bit of a bubbly blast.

WC’s now on my shopping list. I havent seen it over here in Oz (…then again, havent exactly been looking for it!). I reckon I’ll wait & try the ‘bubble factor’ first though (or, wait till you’ve tried it :wink:) before I go adding more flavor. I felt that what is lacking most from the j & c is the texture …then maybe a drop of orange …& cinnamon.
Thanks for the tips!! Your peach n strawb looks good, by the way. good luck with it!

1 Like