Jack Cali's Visalia & Quacks Frozen Pond

What’s up vapefam!

SirRisc here with a short juice review courtesy of /r/ecr_eu and SpiritusVapes!
I won a photo competition a while back and the prize included a couponcode from SpiritusVapes, so I ordered up some nice juice.
Jack Cali’s Visalia and Quacks Frozen Pond fell into my mailbox a couple of days later, and I have no regret in trying them!

Disclaimer: Despite the fact that I won these juices, I aim to give you a fair and honest review as I always do.
I’m not reviewing the price, nor the vendor, I’m reviewing a product and have nothing to gain by telling you it’s good if it isn’t.
If it tastes like shit, I’ll tell you in a 1001 vivid and colorful ways.

Premise.

http://i.imgur.com/SkGoeel.jpg

So… that’s the photo that I entered into the competition, featuring the back of my head (yes, I have very long hair and no, it has nothing to do with metal music) and a somewhat big cloud in a forest I’ve lost my heart to.
In fact I love being there so damned much, that my wife and I are now looking to buy a house in the neighbouring town.
Close to the forests, close to nature, and above all close to peace and tranquility.
There’s nothing I love more than getting lost in the woods for hours on end, and just enjoying the quiet… as long as I don’t run out of juice of course. :wink:

I could rant and rave about that for hours on end, but that’s not why you’re here…
You’re here for a juicereview, so I’ll tell you about my experience with these juices!

The review.

All the liquids were tested in

• Troll, dual coil at 0.4ohm with 0.51mm Kanthal A1, wicked with rayon
  • Cthulhu RTA V1 at 0.4ohm with 0.51mm Kanthal A1, wicked with rayon
  • Silverplay RTA at 0.2ohm parallel with 0.45mm Kanthal A1, wicked with rayon

As always these were put on different mods, including but not limited to, Sigelei 100W+, Sigelei 50W VR2, P4Y IPV Mini II…
Wattage ranged from 25W to the full 100W on the Sigelei 100W+, depending on what I felt like that day.
Each juice was tested for about a day as my all-day-vape.

Jack Cali’s Visalia, peaches and cream

http://i.imgur.com/kiIWq3V.jpg

Ingredients: 3mg/ml nicotine, PG 60 / VG 40

Description on the website:

Visalia is a city situated in the agricultural San Joaquin valley of California, known for its fresh fruit. With this as our inspiration we have crafted a totally perfect peach flavour with the taste of fresh cream to follow, making this a delicious vape.

My review:

Scent: Sharp and zesty peach

Color: Clear yellow with an orange hue

Taste: The first toots of this juice made me doubt if I’d like it, but as I took a few more the flavor became moreish.
Don’t let the PG/VG ratio fool you, the juice is smooth as silk and doesn’t sting as much as you’d expect from a 60PG.
Though I would like to see this in a 70VG variety at some point…
A sharp zesty kind of peach, interlocked with a subtle cream that rounds off the sharp character.
There’s something special about a peach flavor that pierces the flavorprofile this way, it’s freakishly addictive.
The first bit of inhale is slightly overwhelming but smooths out as you continue the drag, the exhale brings out the cream a bit more but retains that sharper character.
Special, odd, moreish and damn tasty!

• Flavor: 8/10
  • Vapor: 8/10

http://i.imgur.com/ecZc0Yy.jpg

Quacks Frozen Pond

http://i.imgur.com/HCtePCG.jpg

Ingredients: 6mg/ml nicotine, PG ? / VG ? (Max VG)

Description on the website:

A game changer, Quacks took months developing Frozen Pond and the result is one of the best menthol’s I’ve tried. Five flavours come together and result in a delectably creamy, sweet menthol vape that’s never overpowering, and truly unique.

My review:

Scent: Vanilla with a creamy accent

Color: Clear light yellow

Taste: Alright, I admit it. This one confused me to the core.
On one end you have a sweet and creamy vanilla flavor, and on the other hand you have a subtle but powerful menthol.
Now clash those two together and you get Frozen Pond!
The flavorprofile is definitely a bit strange, but it works as if it’s meant to be.
Upon inhaling you get a very powerful menthol kick in the throat, but with the vanilla slowly poking through.
Then comes the magic, the vanilla suddenly becomes more prominent and starts to overpower the menthol.
The result is that the exhale is more of a creamy vanilla, with a menthol accent.
Confusing, but as they say: DAYYUUUUUM!

• Flavor: 9/10
  • Vapor: 9/10

http://i.imgur.com/ZORH1G4.jpg

In conclusion.

I don’t get the whole premium rage sometimes, but other times I understand completely what it’s all about.
In the case of Visalia I have my doubts because it’s only 40VG and I’d really like to see a ratio that is more geared towards drippers (70VG or up, make it happen Jack Cali!)
However Quacks Frozen Pond is a different kind of magic, it’s an easy vape that really shouldn’t be working, but it does.
Both juices are smooth as silk, both are moreish, and they’re both very much worth checking out.

In closing I’d like to thank my fellow /r/ecr_eu members for selecting me as a winner of Aprils photocontest and SpiritusVapes for these juices!
And of course all of you who have been reading and supporting my reviews: thank you!

I’m always looking for new opportunities to review! Do you think your stuff has what it takes? Get in touch!
I can be reached on my website, via DM on Instagram, on the Facebook page, via DM on Reddit, or via DM on ELR.

#staycloudy !

SirRisc disappears in a cloud of peach scented vapor

4 Likes