==== Jam-filled Cinnamon Doughnut (Jammy Doughnuts) ====

I am super proud of this recipe.
Took me a while to get this one to this level, and well, I think its perfect.

This is like taking a bite right out of the middle of a fresh jam filled cinnamon doughnut.

The main profile is the strawberry, and here the high percentages of Ripe and Sweet work really well together at 5 and 6%.
To form the thick jammy filling, the Jelly Candy and Cream Cheese Icing add to the strawberry.
The Raspberry adds a “tang” at only 0.5% to give that authentic bakery jam flavour.

The doughnut is achieved solely with the Cinnamon Danish Swirl (with a touch of Joy, but in honesty you could leave it out) which works with the there components to give a warm cinnamon doughnut on the inhale, that lingers with a strong strawberry jam on the exhale.

Two weeks steep time, but you will see it develop even further up to four weeks.

Heaven.

9 Likes

Looks great Rupert. Ummm, cinnamon doesn’t agree with me, But I love Hot jam donuts so this look s awesome. What could I use to get the dough back in but without the Cinnamon. Suggestions

1 Like

Im not sure man, the cinnamon is only slight, but it kind of makes the recipe.

I guess you could try a sub with Zeppola, or CAP Funnel cake?
But it won’t be the same. It has taken me four months and seven renditions to get this recipe to where it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

That does look really good. Only problem is I don’t have jelly candy. You think it would still be worth making without it?

I do have FW Hard Candy… I haven’t tried it yet, so I have no idea what it would be like in this.

1 Like

Nice one ! I agree w/ @Volition CDS looks a little high for me ( my preferences ) but I feel overall the recipe is solid. I’ll give it a try and let it steep a few weeks. I once vaped CDS SA @ 10% after letting it steep it really wasn’t all that bad but in a recipe it tends to overtake a lot of subtle profiles for me.
I’ll have to drop the overall %s down to 15/85 !

1 Like

Honestly I don’t think there is a direct sub for the Cap Jelly Candy. It is a very unique flavour in its own right :slight_smile:
You could omit it and just have the raspberry for the jammy-ness, but it won’t be the same (still good though). One of the renditions I did early on was no JC and only the raspberry to achieve the filling, and it turned out well, so I am sure it will still be good.

@Amy2, please let me know what you think. Scaling the totals down shouldn’t be too much of an issue.
I wouldn’t normally use the CDS over 3% either, but I found it difficult at first to balance the strawberries with the cinnamon in this without one becoming too overpowering, and this is where it ended up :slight_smile:
The jam really is the star here (took me ages to get that part right), and balancing it with the flavour of a doughnut became a mission then as normal doughnut flavours (CGD etc) are fairly poor IMO.

1 Like

I’ll adapt it using the calculator 's % adjuster thingy majig :wink:

1 Like

Sonofabitch !!!

This is a FIRST … a recipe I want to try, where I have EVERY FLAVOUR IN STOCK !
Your last recipe that I wanted to do, required me to buy 3 new flavours ! (which I did, but haven’t used yet)

6 Likes

I made this one last night and it smells so good.

2 Likes

@Amy2 aweosme :slight_smile: keen to hear your thoughts.

@Kalahariuk I hope you get a chance to mix it up mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your Cactus is bloody amazing, one of my 2 current ADVs along with @SthrnMixer’s Queen’s Cookie Jar

2 Likes

@Rupert I wanted to say this looks good. I would try it but don’t have all the flaves. What I do want to suggest is rather than creating threads dedicated to your recipes, why not join the fam and post them to one of the other threads.

Works in Progress/Private Recipes

New, public Recipes

Just my opinion - but I don’t really think we need entire threads dedicated to individual recipes. But then again, maybe I’ll get told to STFU! :slight_smile:

EDIT I had linked to the old New Recipes thread. Changed to the new one.

3 Likes

I agree, for what it’s worth

As usual I disagree, not deliberately. If a thread doesn’t get traction it doesn’t get traction it’s an organic thing. worthless Australian 5 cents worth. It’s our lowest denomination

Zeppolla is really good. WOW would be a good substitute. Zeppolla is like a fresh krispy kreme to me.

1 Like

ive wanted to suggest the same thing , but didnt want to come off as an ass , which btw you DID NOT

2 Likes

I hope not. And to clarify there’s other reasons than just the ones which may jump to mind for my saying that. Many times I’ve forgotten a recipe I saw someone post on here. It’s far easier to check a thread such as New Recipe Showcase or Best Shake n Vape than all of ELR Forum. Just sayin. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

a good point makes sense.

For me I clip them into evernote on site before I forget, current note “recipes to try” has over 30 recipes now. Damn, and that is being very judicious.

1 Like

@SthrnMixer thanks mate :slight_smile: I have posted in the other thread, but thought that these two would be better posted individually. I wouldn’t post all recipes in individual threads, but in fairness, I doubt anyone would have bothered trying either of these if they were only in the other thread (and INW DF would still be taboo).
Ill heed your advice from herein :wink:

2 Likes

Awwww man, I composed and deleted that post at least a half dozen times. I thought about sending a PM to you. And I thought about just keeping my mouth shut. But I kept thinking I would want YOU or anyone else to say something to me. Really, it’s not a total bother, but hopefully you see the sense behind it.

I get your point too about that dragon fruit. Also I still fully plan to make your recipe with CAPs Dragonfruit. And I’ll post up my thoughts afterward.

Thanks for being cool as the other side of the pillow! :slight_smile:

3 Likes