Joyetech 10th Anniversary Limited Edition ESPION Solo, Organic Light Emitting Diode Touchscreen, VW or TC MOD, with ProCore Air Atomizer

In 2003 the modern e-cigarette was invented by a 52 year old Chinese pharmacist Hon Lik as an alternative to smoking. In 2006 and 2007 electronic cigarettes were introduced in Europe and US markets. Joyetech was founded in December 2007, and developed its first product in September of 2008: the Joye 510. In 2010 Joyetech introduced the revolutionary Joye eGo-T series vaporizer. They were sold with a clear atomizer tank in a starter kit; they offered an easily recharged battery cell with a user-activated push button switch. Those early devices led the way to change the vaping industry to what it is today. Clearomizer style tanks on eGo batteries became the best-selling e-cigarette around the world in 2011. Those simple first devices have evolved into the electronic e-cigarettes and regulated MODS in use today. In 2018 Joyetech continues being an industry leader and an advocate for safe vaping with their technologically advanced and reliable e-cigarettes, vaporizers, vape pens and regulated box mods.

Why the history?
Here is the:

Joyetech 10th Anniversary Limited Edition ESPION Solo, Organic Light Emitting Diode Touchscreen, VW or TC MOD, with ProCore Air Atomizer, Featuring the newly released ProC A coil.

Here is the view from the device as we opened the box…

My
Our
My Wife’s Dazzling colored kit came with a 21700 removable 4000mAh battery. This is the first Joyetech MOD that uses this battery. It is longer than an 18650 battery, but my i4 intellicharger accepted it and charged it up in an hour, the charge time was the same on USB. The 21700 battery lasted 2 days use and over 400 puffs on one full charge of the battery. The SOLO also comes with an 18650 battery adapter.

My wife has abducted my kit, now I’m trying to convince her it’s ours and she should share. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

The device has a magnetic battery cover and no visible screws outside the case. There are only 2 small vent holes on the bottom of the case.

The USB port for charging and firmware updates is nicely positioned low on the front of the device.

The device has a great 1.3” OLED touchscreen display; we could actually read the display in sunlight! There are only 2 buttons, a fire button and a lock/unlock button. All the controls are performed on the touchscreen through the new menu system. Unlock the MOD and adjust, or swipe to access the status and menu.

Screen locked for normal operation.

Screen unlocked to adjust wattage or access the status and settings menus.

The new menu system on the SOLO was difficult at first but after I read the instructions it was no problem, DOUUUGH. Press the unlock button to change Wattage on the main screen, or swipe to enter the menu system to change modes settings, or get device information. Set the clock using 24 hour time to get AM/PM correct, swipe back to make the change because the fire or lock button seems to abort the change. You cannot lock the coil except for TC and TCR modes, not Wattage mode. Also the menu’s Wattage setting only affects the Watts in TC modes, not VW mode operation. To change the Wattage for VW mode, just use the main screen.

The various screens are the Power, RTC, Status, Menu, Mode, Set 1, and Set 2 screens. To access the settings 2nd screen swipe up from the setting 1 screen.

The device modes that can be selected are: Power, RTC (Real Time Clock digital or analog display), TC (supporting Ni, Ti and SS) and also TCR (with 3 programmable storage registers) and Bypass.

The Solo kit comes with a 4.5ml ProCore Air Atomizer which measures 25mm X 56mm (or 1” X 2.2”); there is an optional TPD compliant 2ml version of the tank available that measures 22mm X 49mm (or 0.9” X 1.9”).

The Air tank (ha-ha) has a newly designed Top Cap with a Slide to fill design.

The Air uses all the ProC coil heads ProC1, ProC1-S, ProC2, ProC3, ProC4, and the newly released ProCA. You should have no problem finding the exact coil for your vaping enjoyment. Personally I enjoy all of the ProC coils I have tried, but I have tended to use the ProC1 in my other tanks. The new ProCA coil has a little smaller wire coil diameter and maybe a little more cotton and is becoming my new favorite. I have just been using Wattage mode, the Air delivers great flavor and vapor and runs cool at 55W.

The complete ProC coil line now includes:

ProCA 0.4ohm Kanthal for DL 40-80W
ProC1 0.4ohm Kanthal for DL 40-80W
ProC1-S 0.25ohm Kanthal for MTL/DL 25-55W
ProC2 0.15ohm dual NiCr coil for DL 30-70W
ProC3 0.2ohm triple NiCr coil for DL 70-90W
ProC4 0.15ohm quad NiCr coil for DL 60-80W

Suggested Wattage Range:

We love the dense flavorful vapor. And also the large easy to read touch screen and improved menu, as well as the built in safety features and advanced capabilities. It’s nice to be able to swipe to the status screen and see the battery, time, wattage (or temperature) the coil’s ohms and puff counter all on one screen.

The Information screen is also a nice addition so you can see the battery voltage and the device’s software and hardware versions with just a swipe and a touch.

I don’t miss the “new coil?” warning, I’m sort of glad to see that absent on the Solo. There is plenty of safety protections built into it including Atomizer short-circuit, No atomizer, Weak battery, Low power, Atomizer low, TC cutoff, and Device overheat.

Specifications:
Mod + Tank size: 25.5mm X 39.5mm X 132.5mm (or 1" X 1.6" X 5.2") (4.5ml version)
25.5mm X 39.5mm X 126.0mm (or 1" X 1.6" X 5") (2.0ml version)
Available Colors: Black, Gunmetal, Peachy Pink, Dazzling Rainbow
Screen type: 1.3 inch OLED touchscreen
Screen size: 64 X 128 pixels
Output wattage: 1-80W
Output mode: Power/RTC/Bypass/TC (Ni, Ti, SS316)/TCR modes
E-liquid capacity: 4.5ml or 2.0ml (2ml TPD optional)
Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm for TC/TCR mode
0.1-3.5ohm for Power mode
Temperature range: 100-315°C = 200-600°F

ProCore Air Specifications:
Tank size: ProCore Air 25.0mm56.0mm (4.5ml)
ProCore Air 22.0mm
49.0mm (2.0ml optional)
Colors: Black, Gunmetal, Peachy Pink, Dazzling Rainbow
Capacity: 4.5ml/2.0ml (TPD 2ml optional)
Applicable heads: ProC series heads
Atomizer head included: ProCA (0.4ohm) X2

Kit Contents:
1 X ESPION Solo
1 X AVB 21700 battery (included)
1 X ProCore Air Atomizer 4.5ml (optional TPD 2ml)
2 X ProCA (0.4ohm) head
1 X 18650 battery adaptor sleeve
1 X Spare Glass tube
1 X Spare Mouthpiece
1 X QC USB cable
1 X Manual for ESPION Solo
1 X Manual for ProCore Air
1 X Warranty card
2 X Battery Safety warning card
1 X Package of spare parts

21700 battery powered, or 18650 with adapter.

I Like:

• Beautiful paint & finish.
  • Great vapor and flavor.
  • Colorful and Attractive Wide Bore Drip tip.
  • EZ fill sliding top cap.
  • Perfectly sized.
  • Not large.
  • Well built.
  • Solid.
  • No rattles.
  • Quick turn on and vape.
  • Quick change battery and vape.
  • Easy to read display.
  • Clock.
  • Well positioned and sized Fire Button.
  • Quiet click fire button with firm spring.
  • Well located tactile unlock button.
  • Touch screen.
  • Automatic touchscreen lock on fire button press.
  • Status and Information Screens.
  • Operates on a single 18650 battery (with included adapter) or single 21700 battery.
  • 21700 battery lasts 2 days per charge.
  • Uniform power curve, it hits strong even when the battery is weak.
  • Pass through charging and firmware upgradable.
  • Special 10th anniversary Joyetech Limited Edition.

I Wish:

I really cannot think of anything I dislike about this kit.

I wish it came with a TC Coil; the device supports Ni (Nickel), Ti (Titanium) and SS (Stainless steel). But it only comes with 2 ProCA Coils that are made with Kanthal, and the other ProC coils available are either Kanthal or Nichrome.

I wish the menu was even more informative, I’m sure Joyetech will keep working on the menu system for future firmware updates and devices. I want even more information, and for it to tell me when I touch something wrong.

I wish the device would pause longer with the temporary information on the screen between puffs. That pause is now about 2 or 3 seconds to see how long the last puff or maximum last puff amps were, and I’d like a little longer delay.

Joyetech 10th Anniversary Limited Edition ESPION Solo with ProCore Air!

OFFICIAL Contest RULES:
Read over this review and find an egg, send a PM to CosmicTruth with some description what egg you found and where it is located and you are entered. If you can’t find an egg you can just request entree into the Giveaway. But there has to be a PM to be considered.
On April 11 2018 the Contest will be closed and I will select winner(s) based on Random Selection.
PriZe: Joyetech 10th Anniversary Limited Edition ESPION Solo, Organic Light Emitting Diode Touchscreen, MOD, with ProCore Air Atomizer.
Winner will be responsible to pay Shipping & Handling and any other applicable fees in advance.

Contestants 04/11/2018:
Stankhammer
Sprkslfly
SmilingOgre
Lolly
eStorm winner #1
MysticRose
Josephine_van_Rijn
dan_the_man
Joy winner #2
davedave
Eggsaladsandwichhead
redscaddy22

This contest ended on 4/11/2018 at 3:47 CST. the winners were eStorm & Joy

15 Likes

Another nice review, fun too “my/our/her” lol
They do exist! The eggs that is. Happy hunting and holiday all!

2 Likes

Let the Game begin
I’ll add a time limit and any details over the next days :wink:

3 Likes

Nice review of her :wink: mod bud!

The only shame is (for those who use cartridges) that they don’t have any SS cartridges in the C line. =(

1 Like

I know right?
Kanthal and NiChrome only with a TC mod…

Maybe you guys should tag folks so others can come look for the eggs

1 Like

Bravo! Nice job. Really laid it out.

1 Like

Thanks bro.
I’ll let folks look for the eggs till the 11th and give this prize at the same time I select a winner of the joyetech-exceed-edge.
To keep it simple though be sure to PM me an egg location to enter this contest.
Wondering about the prize? I’ll reveal that tomorrow evening.

2 Likes

Another lovely review! :ok_hand::tada:

1 Like

Thank you Lolly :smile:
now PM me an egg location to be entered to win!

3 Likes

OFFICIAL Contest RULES:
Read my Joyetech ESPION Solo with ProCore Air Atomizer review above and find an egg, send a PM to CosmicTruth with some description what egg you found and where it is located and you are entered. If you can’t find an egg you can just request entree into the Giveaway. But there has to be a PM to be considered for this contest.
On April 11, 2018 the Contest will be closed and I will select winner(s) based on Random Selection.
Actual Prize information will be released later.
Winner will be responsible to pay Shipping (from Arkansas USA) & Handling and any other applicable fees in advance.
note: I may amend or modify these rules during the contest.

1 Like

Feel free to tag your friends!

Awesome of you! (PS, steal that thing back from her, it is pretty great as a heavy usage mod).

1 Like

I know right? I know you know because you have tried it, (i read your review)! I bet you want to own another one of these? Find an easter egg in my review, PM me a message describing the egg/location or just a request to be entered to win. I just checked with USPS and it will only cost about $11 shipping from here to any corner of the US. We will have to check later your location (if you win) what the shipping will cost you, but the winner will most likely only be responsible for the shipping fee!
Tag Everyone, we must SAVE EASTER!

@anon60225325 @Cutlass92 @SessionDrummer @R113 @Molly_Mcghee @Josephine_van_Rijn @woftam @louiesquared @daath @JoJo
This contest will be boring if only ‘Stankhammer Sprkslfly SmilingOgre Lolly and eStorm’ play!
And don’t forget to check out my other contest (Sponsored by Joyetech) for a chance to win a Space POD!

5 Likes

At least the chance of winning would be higher lol.

But you right let more people enter, at least I can say I tried if I don’t win, which probably is a 99% :thinking:

@SessionDrummer , @fidalgo_vapes, @MysticRose, @worm1, @Dan_the_Man, @Laura5 (i don’t know enough people as of yet to tag them, I’m sorry, not my intend to exclude somebody)

4 Likes

Easter Egg hunt to win a mystery prize!!! Thanks @eStorm for the tag!

@Silhouette @Sprkslfly @SmilingOgre @Lolly @plunderdrum @Fozzy71 @Lostmarbles @whosyourdaddy

5 Likes

Easter Egg Hunt!!

@TheTinMan @tartarusspawn @Chrispdx @fidalgo_vapes @Alisa @MisterSinner @Leilani @SthrnMixer

4 Likes

Wow it’s so pretty!
I read this frontwards and backwards to find an egg. Will be messaging you!

3 Likes

What up did we get more contestants?

List of Contestants 04/11/2018:

1. Stankhammer
  2. sprkslfly
  3. SmilingOgre
  4. Lolly
  5. eStorm
  6. MysticRose
  7. Josephine_van_Rijn
  8. dan_the_man
  9. Joy
  10. davedave
  11. Eggsaladsandwichhead
  12. redscaddy22

The Contest is officially over
I rolled 2 random numbers 1-12 on random.org, the results are 5 & 9
Two winners are being contacted to estimate the shipping

4 Likes

Congrats @eStorm and @Joy! And thanks for the opportunity @CosmicTruth!

4 Likes