Joyetech Cubis Review - Heaven Gifts Giveaway

Well, I have to say the Cubis & RBA are not my cup of tea. Need a back up?..lol

Being more specific, it’s the RBA that makes it a fail for me. The Cubis itself, may be great with the pre-built coils, but that’s not what I was looking for. I wanted the tank & RBA to work together. I have the Nautilus Mini that uses the BVC coils, and love that tank, but I’m not looking to add another tank that I have to buy coils for. I didn’t even try the pre made coils that came with it.

The RBA was a huge pain in the ass, and that was with the ‘easier’ horizontal build. I’m sure the vertical build would have tested my blood pressure.

I was expecting much better results. I like Joytech stuff. I love the Tron-S tanks with the rebuildable CLR coils. I have 3 of them, and that’s my every day tank. I figured the Cubis RBA would work as well as the CLR’s do, but that wasn’t the case.

Oh well, live and learn. That’s how we find out what works for us.

I love, loved my Cubis tank the first 4 hours of cranking her up - then it started spitting hot juice in my mouth, gurgling, and being a royal PITM - so I wrote the guy that recommended it so highly and he offered a new one, said he’d never heard of such difficulties with it (loves his) and sent me a new one. It didn’t even give me 4 hours of joy - it just misbehaved and gurgled and spit like the first one. So, either I am doing something VERY wrong or this tank SUCKS. I googled it and sure enough a ton of other people were having the same issues with it. So, now it gathers dust - I tried it again after letting it sit a couple of weeks, and it continued to disappoint. I’m back to my sweet, well-behaved $13 Davide tanks that perform like little champs and never leak, gurgle or spit at me. Thanks for reading… I really wanted to love my Cubis tank(s). sigh

Now that you mention it, while I was looking at RBA building videos on youtube, I ran across this one.

I thought it might have been an isolated case, or a bad tank, but it sounds like you had the same issue. That thing looks like a volcano ready to erupt. Perhaps it only happens with the pre-made coils. My RBA version didn’t do that, but my test didn’t last 4 hours either.

I really wanted to like it. I’ve had such good luck with my other Joytech gear, but not so much, with the Cubis. I’m sorry to hear yours didn’t work out for you.

I’m sorry yours isn’t so nice either - one expects to get a good product, especially when it gets a lot of rave reviews, and after the second one in a row being horrible, I knew it wasn’t something I want to pamper or even mess with. I think that Joyetech needs to totally rework this monstrosity. I’m happy for the folks that got good ones. Mine turned me off their products completely. I don’t do any RBA & honestly, I wouldn’t attempt to build my own coils, but glad to hear that yours are working for you!

Mine never did that while I had it. Strange. What wattage are you trying it on and what coil?